I love 19s.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

GreenGhost

Club Guest
Hello guys,Perhaps you can help me with my dilemma.I would honestly love to own 19s for my car. But, cost wise seems so un-reasonable. The guys out there that ride on them makes it look too easy (or perhaps im over-worrying).1. First of all, the issue with tyres. They are so damn expensive. Could someone who really know tyres tell me what are my options if i wanna get 235/35/19 tyres. The obvious would be the PS2s la and so forth but damn they cost like 1350s and they dont last long (im given the impression). I travel about 45000km a year, the last i calculated. It seems to work out that the life span of my tyres are like 8 mths. Gosh! Changing these tyres every 8 mths! Someone help me earn it. But, am i wrong?2. Then there is the cost with the other bits like bushings that will prematurely breakdown and etc etc etc, the list goes on i guess.I have heard that Toyo tyres are good deals for good price. Anyone have any comments? I have heard 700 pluses, is that true? Wat bout their performance?I also heard about Hankok's (spellcheck) apparently good too. True? Yes? How?Gosh... so much to think about. Someone out there please help me out. What is the solution. Just stick with 18s?Hahahahhaha.... back to square 1 !Night guys. Hope it gets clearer tomorrow with some of your feedbacks. Thanks again.jOn

I take it " I need slap on my head "

What size your car born with ?, stick with it !!

Hope this help

Cheers

Originally posted by GreenGhost@Apr 28 2006, 02:12 AM
Hello guys,

Perhaps you can help me with my dilemma.

I would honestly love to own 19s for my car. But, cost wise seems so un-reasonable. The guys out there that ride on them makes it look too easy (or perhaps im over-worrying).

1. First of all, the issue with tyres. They are so damn expensive. Could someone who really know tyres tell me what are my options if i wanna get 235/35/19 tyres. The obvious would be the PS2s la and so forth but damn they cost like 1350s and they dont last long (im given the impression). I travel about 45000km a year, the last i calculated. It seems to work out that the life span of my tyres are like 8 mths. Gosh! Changing these tyres every 8 mths! Someone help me earn it. But, am i wrong?

2. Then there is the cost with the other bits like bushings that will prematurely breakdown and etc etc etc, the list goes on i guess.

I have heard that Toyo tyres are good deals for good price. Anyone have any comments? I have heard 700 pluses, is that true? Wat bout their performance?

I also heard about Hankok's (spellcheck) apparently good too. True? Yes? How?

Gosh... so much to think about. Someone out there please help me out. What is the solution. Just stick with 18s?

Hahahahhaha.... back to square 1 !

Night guys. Hope it gets clearer tomorrow with some of your feedbacks. Thanks again.

jOn
Ok,

Got $$$ buy whatever you want.
And definitely if you want to compare Toyo with Hankook (one heaven one earth), its no match in terms of $$$

its all abt $$$

$$$
$$$
$$$

hi leakwoon,

Toyo T1-R for that size is going to cost you RM750 per piece include installation balancing, and alignment and metal valves.

Performance not too bad but noisy to me. Good in the wet. Overall a good value for the price.

Sorry if my query is confusing. Just too much to think on.

Valkryie: Toyo T1-R for that size is going to cost you RM750 per piece. Performance not too bad but noisy to me. Good in the wet. Overall a good value for the price. Thanks !

GreenGhost,

If you go for look go for 19 or 18..since you wanna to have 19" you should get ready for the $ for your tyre..

Cheers

I guess i already know that with the look comes dollar signs.

But, what im really enquiring about is:

1. What are my choices for tyres in the market? And if someone out there has tried the tyre before, please give me some comments.

I mean the range now is RM 750 for Toyo T1-R and RM1350 for PS2.
So, if possible, what are the other tyres that i can look at?

toyo is good tyre

performance tyre sure "sing song" noisi one

my tyre man reco me to try try NEXEN 5000 on my 18"

so i m tired lo..since got special "intro" period price

oledi done about 5k KM

wat can i said?

worth every $$

but not branded

my another buddy use falken...he said this nexen better n quiter

just my 2 cents :)

Cool this is rolling now....

So far thanks to your inputs, the cost of 19s:

1. Toyo T1-R - Roughly RM 750
2. NEXEN 5000 -
3. Barum (18's) - 300++ (19's?)

More inputs man. This should be good.......

Originally posted by bmwsideways@Apr 28 2006, 04:31 PM
Heard of Barum b4? go and try it is only RM 300++

definitely satisfied... B)
Bro,

is it for 18" or 19" inch rm300?

definitely 18" lar, if 19"also 300 i tell you my message inbox will be flooded

who want to buy, group buy???

Toyo T1-R 235/35R19 selling for RM 750 includes installation, alignment, balancing and metal valves. The price is in klang. Don' think you can get this price in kl.

bmwsideways, barum 18s going for 300? what about 205/50/15? 50 bucks can ah? serious question. thinking of changing tyres

19" will kill your e46....go for 17" enough...tyres are affordable....dont sacrifice handling for looks.

Originally posted by DingChavez@Apr 28 2006, 06:16 PM
bmwsideways, barum 18s going for 300? what about 205/50/15? 50 bucks can ah? serious question. thinking of changing tyres
You give 50 and still you say serious :p

btw, thats only my estimation on 18" about 300 because I just changed my 17" for 220 each. (Friend's Shop)

50 bucks can also for 15", Nankang got 15"??? I think that might be 50. :p

Originally posted by valkryie@Apr 28 2006, 06:09 PM
Toyo T1-R 235/35R19 selling for RM 750 includes installation, alignment, balancing and metal valves. The price is in klang. Don' think you can get this price in kl.
4 tyre or each??? B)

If 4 tyre bring me go, i think its time for my 32 to change tyre

I belanja Murtabak Kosong

Top Bottom