Hypercoat Shock!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
BlackE90;253263 said:
Bro mike, wise decision.... Did Raymond explained throughly to you?
No regrets man....Did you managed to take some pictures before & after? Please post in this thread.
Cheers bro....

Bro E90, thanks for your great recommendation. I'm totally amazed with the results! It's like a show car now.:love: Yes, he did go through the do's and don'ts
and overall they are very professional.

Regrets??? Of cause not! I'm absolutely delighted and satisfied with how my car looks and feel (silky smooth).:burnout:

Sorry, we could not meet up but will do so sometime soon. Cheers

I did another round of EGP on my own about 2 weeks ago and am always amazed how good it looks after each treatment. The last time I did it was about 3 months ago. I wanted to wax it yesterday but got not enough time, so resorted to UQD instead. I like how the UQD adds extra protection besides giving another layer to gloss. I noted though that the UQD instructions says it needs 12 hours curing time to have best effect. Sadly, I had to drive the car in the rain barely 2 hours after the UQD.

I think the best way to maintain the car exterior is regular waxing i.e. every 2 weeks - 1 month. However, this is only feasible for many if they DIY. The benefit is the layers and layers of protection does protect the paint from all kinds of elements. I enjoy doing this if I have the time to spare. It's good exercise.

JPB,

You really really have to try out SmartWax. I have been an EGP user for more than 10 years but when it comes to shine and ease of use SmartWax ROCKS!

Here is another pic of freshly applied SmartWax.
25082007227.jpg

Wow! Amazing!! Where can I get this again and for how much? E46F, any comments?

danc;254060 said:
JPB,

You really really have to try out SmartWax. I have been an EGP user for more than 10 years but when it comes to shine and ease of use SmartWax ROCKS!

Here is another pic of freshly applied SmartWax.
25082007227.jpg

It looks stunning from the pics Danc posted. Since SmartWax is Carnauba based (Organic), I am guessing its less durable than say something like SRP/EGP is (Synthetic), although the shine quality could be better. Danc any comments on durability of SmartWax vs EGP since you've used both?

I haven't tried SmartWax but it looks like it worth a try hehe.

yes. definitely worth trying.
i am a convinced user of smartsealant. weathers extremely well.

there is this car SPA in glenmarie temasya, heard of it? It is behind Porsche. Cars have SPA too these days, u know? Take a drive there and check it out!

E46, JPB etc.,

In terms of durablility, EGP seems to last longer (i.e. 6 mths vs Swax so far abt 2-3 mths only). It kinda offset as SWax is soooooo much easier to apply and wipe off. So just wax more often lah ;)

If you want the shine SWax is good. Maybe you can layer EGP on top of SWax??? From what I know EGP=pure synthetic vs SWax=Carnuaba+synthetic.

I got mine from Auto Detailer (next to the CSA building in PJ) at RM 115. Do I hear group buy????

There are Auto spas everywhere in fact. I know in Sri Hartamas close to where I live and work, they are 2 outlets, one using Meguairs (Imola Auto Spa) and the other using Swissol. In the end, these places are expensive and can really hurt your wallet if you go to them regularly, which is why I rather or have been compelled to DIY.

Agree with JPB.

I wld only go to a "pro" detailer/spa if my car has too many swirl/scratches that a DIY can't get out. Have been DIYing for many many years!

DIY is great excercise man! LOL. Right now my routine is wash frequently (~3 times a week), then UQD in between 1-2 weeks once then EGP once in 1-2 months, then clay in 6 months.

UQD is turning out to be quite a good in between step for me. I've learned the trick of doing UQD faster, which is to spray entire panels then wipe instead of smaller spots and wipe. Takes me around 15 mins and then spend another 5-10 mins admiring and feeling the car up :)

E46 - WASH 3 times a week!!! and I thought I was a fanatic :) Since you already wax every 1-2 mths, then you shld really try Swax. Esp on darker colored cars, the carnuaba makes gives your paint the liquid looking shine where EGP falls short here.

Hi all, have been applying a few layers of polymer sealant on my car. Felt very smooth. But for best shine, nothing beats having a good wax. Just wondering whether anyone of you have applied wax on your car after applying sealant. Would the two cancel each other out?

E46Fanatic;254282 said:
DIY is great excercise man! LOL. Right now my routine is wash frequently (~3 times a week), then UQD in between 1-2 weeks once then EGP once in 1-2 months, then clay in 6 months.

UQD is turning out to be quite a good in between step for me. I've learned the trick of doing UQD faster, which is to spray entire panels then wipe instead of smaller spots and wipe. Takes me around 15 mins and then spend another 5-10 mins admiring and feeling the car up :)

Yeah, I agree with you that UQD is turning out to be a good in-between. I try to use this once a week and do NXT Tech Wax once in 2 weeks or a month. Like you, I wash 3 times a week too, in between after work and dinner. It's a good way to relieve stress. The other good way is bowling but the regular forumers here don't do that anymore, sadly. I'm pleased with the effect and "richness" of the UQD and think the extra $$$ is worth it compared to the normal QD or even the NXT Speed Detailer.

I've been using Turtle Wax's ICE polish (monthly) on my car for the past couple of months (DIY), and am now thinking of doing a Carnauba wax treatment at Carnauba Autospa (the one near Phileo Avenue on Jalan Tun Razak). My plan is then to continue the DIY ICE treatments (monthly) with semi-annual Carnauba treatments.

Is that a good plan? Am still new to all this detailing stuff. In the past for my E36, I had just done the CARs thing on a regular basis.

Traveler,

What ever product they use, more important I think would be the workmanship. That is why I will never trust CARs. Then again, I maybe bias as I am a DIY diehard :)

danc;254354 said:
Traveler,

What ever product they use, more important I think would be the workmanship. That is why I will never trust CARs. Then again, I maybe bias as I am a DIY diehard :)

I can't agree more. The workmanship at CARS is often very shoddy. I used to go to the outlet in Jaya cos I knew the supervisors then and they proactively checked the QC b4 releasing my ex-E46 to me. When they left CARS, I didn't renew my membership. I've since noticed even the quality of work at Jaya has gone down the tubes cos they're just too busy. I realise some ppl are just not DIY oriented, if so, best to go to a regular place and be really fussy so they know you're a discerning customer and won't dare to short-change you!

Grand;254301 said:
Hi all, have been applying a few layers of polymer sealant on my car. Felt very smooth. But for best shine, nothing beats having a good wax. Just wondering whether anyone of you have applied wax on your car after applying sealant. Would the two cancel each other out?

Yes, I have.

If you allow sufficient time for the sealant to bond, the cancellation effect ought to be reduced. Avoid using cleaner wax (wax with cleaning properties) just to be sure.

My approach is to put my car out in the sun for a few hours after sealant and prior to another layer of wax.

Top Bottom