Hypercoat Shock!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mikeyew

Club Guest
Hi Fellow Forummers,I noticed from the previous posts made by many fellow forummers that Hypercoat Ent. was highly recommended for car detailing services.I contacted them today and spoken to Johan of my intention of having my 4 months old brand new E60 polished & waxed there. I was quoted RM500 for a basic polish & wax job. Man, was I shocked!:eek: Is this the normal rates for such services or are they trying to slaughter me!I would appreciate if you can share your experiences with them and the rates you normally charged for similar services.

How much you expect people to charge you for wax and polish your E60 ?

Just want to know how much you put "value" for people who do this kind of job .............

I was looking at round about RM300 and I think that would be a fair price, don't you think so?

Well , I don't really know because I never send my car for polish and wax. Rather spend on interior than exterior.

Having said that , if the guy spend more than 3 hours on your car , base on Rm100 per hour labour , expertise, material , safety of your car while under their premise and finally the warranty after sales , they can justify the RM 500 charge easily.

interesting.

is this the first time you are getting your car polished & waxed??

You might want to try your friendly paintshop and ask them to do the polish and wax. Obviously not during peak season like now because they will be too busy to finish up those paintwork for hari raya.

A good and healthy way is to do the job yourself on the weekend. Save you the $$ and good for your health too. By waxing your own car, you will know every new scrach and new dent.

Cheers mate

If RM500 mahal than come to subang near Usj 6 petronas wash polish only RM60. polish brand cap ayam. My 26 yrs old car when i send for polish cost me RM400 la friend this you are driving and E60. Good luck to you bro.

Mike

That is the norm nowadays...the last time I did mine also abt RM400 but not in Hypercoat...if at places like this be prepared to pay more than that..consider them as 'Branded' establishment.

The price is quite normal considering that Hypercoat is considered as A1 establishments.

ah lian;251672 said:
interesting.

is this the first time you are getting your car polished & waxed??

:21::21::21:

And first time getting quoted for Meguair's?

You should try Zaino...

mikeyew;251644 said:
Hi Fellow Forummers,

I noticed from the previous posts made by many fellow forummers that Hypercoat Ent. was highly recommended for car detailing services.

I contacted them today and spoken to Johan of my intention of having my 4 months old brand new E60 polished & waxed there. I was quoted RM500 for a basic polish & wax job. Man, was I shocked!:eek:

Is this the normal rates for such services or are they trying to slaughter me!

I would appreciate if you can share your experiences with them and the rates you normally charged for similar services.

Mike,

It might seems a lot but then the quality of work and the material that will be applied on your car is first class, or at least good stuff.

I have bought a heavy duty polishing machine (not the flimsy ones at ENEOS) with pads and been doing detailing on my own, let me say even with the machine its not easy and pretty tiring to do everything in a day!!

Cheers.

Thank you to all the detailing sifus that responded to this tread. :)

Previously I used to send my cars to Auto Glym or Cars International for waxing and polishing but found that their products & services so so only. This time I like to try out Meguiar since this is the hype nowadays.

Btw, what's the difference between Meguiar and Teflon coating(PSS) and which are more appropiate if I prefer ease of maintanence, i.e. don't have 'cuci' the car everyday.

mikeyew;252115 said:

Previously I used to send my cars to Auto Glym or Cars International for waxing and polishing but found that their products & services so so only. This time I like to try out Meguiar since this is the hype nowadays.

Btw, what's the difference between Meguiar and Teflon coating(PSS) and which are more appropiate if I prefer ease of maintanence, i.e. don't have 'cuci' the car everyday.

At the moment, there is no product that lasts and makes washing regular unnecessary. No miracle short cut so far.

The easiest and cheapest way (free actually) is to simply not wash your car.

Good things not cheap. Cheap things not good.

mikeyew;252115 said:

Have heard of ppl getting more swirl marks and 'hologram' from some car park wash and wax places..

Good job done are always worth the price in the end...
See some nicely done cars here:

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14112

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13721

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13746

I have decided to go for the teflon coating treatment from ShieldNShine as scientifically, teflon, is more stable against heat, UV, acid etc compared to silicon or wax. I hope I'm making the right choice :)

Mike,

Would really think twice abt the teflon coating, nano tech etc. etc To me it's more hype than anything. Good workmanship, proper prep of the surface and a good wax goes a long way and at half the price usually.

danc;252327 said:
Mike,

Would really think twice abt the teflon coating, nano tech etc. etc To me it's more hype than anything. Good workmanship, proper prep of the surface and a good wax goes a long way and at half the price usually.

i have to agree.

there is no proof that teflon coatings actually work as suggested. infact here is a quote from dupont themselves (manufacturers of teflon)
"The addition of a Teflon fluoropolymer resin does nothing to enhance the properties of a car wax. We have no data that indicates the use of Teflon fluoropolymer resins is beneficial in car waxes, and we have not seen data from other people that supports this position. Unless Teflon is applied at 700 degrees F, it is not a viable ingredient, and is 100 percent useless in protecting the paint's finish." G.R. Ansul of Du Pont Car Care Products, Specialty Products Division. From Grisanti, Stephen, "The Truth About Teflon", Professional Carwashing & Detailing

Just an update......

I went and did the teflon coating today at ShineNShield and I only have this to say, I'm absolutely satisfied with the results of the product!!! My ride now looks 10 times nicer than it rolled out from the showroom 4 months ago! This finish of the paint is silky smooth and not a single swirl marks is to be found. :)

I have yet to assess it's durability but it comes with a 3 years warranty, therefore I'm not worried at all.

Anyway, I will give an reassessment of it 3 months doen the road. Cheers

Bro mike, wise decision.... Did Raymond explained throughly to you?
No regrets man....Did you managed to take some pictures before & after? Please post in this thread.
Cheers bro....

Top Bottom