How much for GT1 check at AB?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

zammie

Club Guest
Hi guys,Saw a E46 last weekend at a dealer's. Have given it the once over and it looked fine. Today I called back to ask if I could have the car checked with the GT1 computer. Good news is the dealer said, "can", but I have to bear the cost myself.Can anyone advise how much this will cost and how long it will take? Also, is AB the only place I can get this done?Thanks in advance!!

About RM300 if i'm not mistaken. You can do it at Sapura BMW or Ingress Auto which has the same rates (they are all BMW dealership) or you could take it to an Independent mechanic like M-Speed USJ, M1 kayu ara or etc for checkups as they too have GT1 or equivalent diagnostic tools :D
Check out the maintenance thread and see where most forumers send their car or the workshop thread :)

B33mEr;403001 said:
About RM300 if i'm not mistaken. You can do it at Sapura BMW or Ingress Auto which has the same rates (they are all BMW dealership) or you could take it to an Independent mechanic like M-Speed USJ, M1 kayu ara or etc for checkups as they too have GT1 or equivalent diagnostic tools :D
Check out the maintenance thread and see where most forumers send their car or the workshop thread :)

Thanks B33mEr (wah hard to type!)! Will call them to check and revert here.

Talk to a "real" friend who is currently using a BMW and service their car outside of SC. Ask them where they service their car and ask them to bring u along the next time they visit the workshop to introduce u to his/her workshop. Build the relation from there, hang out with them for happy hours and pretty soon, u will find yourself not only enjoying FOC GT1 for all your BMWs.. they even open their shop just for u on certain holidays/odd hours, courtesy cars during your service, no cheating on parts/price or swap your parts, tag along with u to go used BMW hunting and many more!

I used to do that but ever since I bought a brand new warrantied car, I lost touch with them lio.. :p

astroboy;403014 said:
Talk to a "real" friend who is currently using a BMW and service their car outside of SC. Ask them where they service their car and ask them to bring u along the next time they visit the workshop to introduce u to his/her workshop. Build the relation from there, hang out with them for happy hours and pretty soon, u will find yourself not only enjoying FOC GT1 for all your BMWs.. they even open their shop just for u on certain holidays/odd hours, courtesy cars during your service, no cheating on parts/price or swap your parts, tag along with u to go used BMW hunting and many more!

I used to do that but ever since I bought a brand new warrantied car, I lost touch with them lio.. :p

yup i agreed..do build a relation with workshop..they really can help you one day..

zammie;403000 said:
Hi guys,

Saw a E46 last weekend at a dealer's. Have given it the once over and it looked fine. Today I called back to ask if I could have the car checked with the GT1 computer. Good news is the dealer said, "can", but I have to bear the cost myself.

Can anyone advise how much this will cost and how long it will take? Also, is AB the only place I can get this done?

Thanks in advance!!
independant workshop with GT1 will charge around 150-200 inclusive of other minor inspection for the whole car

You can go to NSM Auto Service @ Subang Perdana
RM150. can be contact at 0162223913 Ah Meng.

Thanks everyone for your feedback! Really appreciate it! :top:

Called M-Speed yesterday and they quoted me RM100 for the GT1 check-up so I'll probably go there. Last questions - Besides telling you what's wrong with the car, does the check-up also reveal when servicing was done on the car? For AB-maintained cars, does AB keep a service record on their servers or something?

Wish me luck guys! Hopefully this is the baby I am looking for!

P/S: M-Speed guy name was Ah Meng, NSM guy also Ah Meng? Some kinda BMW sifu name passed down the generations? :D

Don't forget to ask the workshop to pay some attention to the chassis, just to make sure there's no obvious sign of rust or "kereta sambung".. mechanical failure can repair but if "kereta sambung"... damn jia lat..

Top Bottom