How long your Run Flat Tire last (km)???

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

MSport867

Official Member
Hiiii....forumers I am new to run flat tire(RFT). I think I'll stick to RFT for Safety reason. Had a long chat and spirited drive with M last weekend. I tend to agree with him on RFT. Had seen 5th gear review on RFT & its good points. So....those of you running on RFT please share your experience. As AB sales Advisor informed me it can last 25,000km.

MSport867;854305 said:
Hiiii....forumers I am new to run flat tire(RFT). I think I'll stick to RFT for Safety reason. Had a long chat and spirited drive with M last weekend. I tend to agree with him on RFT. Had seen 5th gear review on RFT & its good points. So....those of you running on RFT please share your experience. As AB sales Advisor informed me it can last 25,000km.

I'm currently using Pirelli P Zero RFTs (stock tyres for 405M 20").

I've done around 25k (13 months) on these babies and from what I see, I think they can go for another 20-30k.

My 1st sets oem goodyear rft 18" still behaving well @ 36k. Daily driving. Spirited weekend. Can still runs another 20k

My GY RFTs have done 30k and still in good shape. I reckon they can go for another 30k no problem.

My OEM GY RFT 18" still at 80% thread at 20,000km

Btw, if anyone need replacement mine are for sale (3)

RFTs are firmer than non RFTs giving the already hard rides of most BMWs an even more harder feel, usually to the detriment of the rear seated passengers. Remember, all M cars of BMW come fitted with non RFT tyres. More than 95% of us change to non RFTs the moment the threads wear out. Cheaper by maybe 4 times and a better ride after that. Keep your mobility kit pump in the trunk. And you are good to go!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Wow... very lasting. That is good! The Bridgestone RE050 RFT 245/45R18 on my F10 lasted only 25,000km !! Have to get 4 new ones every year. Very ex!

Dunlop SP Sport Maxx DSST Run Flat 245/45R18 on F10... also lasts about 25000km only. Now on Continental CSC3 RFT .... this one is more lasting but is more noisy and has a harder ride.

Thread wear is subjective.

I ran my GY 17 inch to the ground after 20k km.

Looks like they can do another 10k at most.

Swap them out already :X

Crapzzzzzzzz..... i just burst one side of my RFTs.

anyone here know where I can get a good deal on Pirelli RFts? or any other recommendation (non RFTs) for the following tyre size?

Desperately neeed advice on this.

Wheel sizes:
Front axle: 8"J x 20", Offset 36 H2
Tire dimensions:
Front axle: 225/35 R20 90Y XL

Thanks peeps!

Top Bottom