How are all the 3 series doing?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi guys,

A question on the F30 owners. I guess some of us faced the dashboard sound like creaking sound? May i know what is the cause of it?

Twll said:
Hi guys,

A question on the F30 owners. I guess some of us faced the dashboard sound like creaking sound? May i know what is the cause of it?
Many things could be causing it....parts rubbing against each other, parts coming loose, etc. The dealer needs to take it apart to find the issue if you plan to solve it...

seancorr said:
Many things could be causing it....parts rubbing against each other, parts coming loose, etc. The dealer needs to take it apart to find the issue if you plan to solve it...
That is what i reluctant to let it take out the dashboard. Worry it will cause more noises from it.

Twll said:
That is what i reluctant to let it take out the dashboard. Worry it will cause more noises from it.
Most likely it will cause more problem if you take out the dashboard. For F30s, the squeaks normally come from a few hotspots. Check the plastic door knob on top of the door panel, the OBD port cover, the isofix child seat mounting plastic cover at the backseats and try pushing and pulling the plastic panels around the stereo system and aircon vents on your dashboard. All these cheap plastic parts are poorly cushioned and are rubbing against each other and hence the squeaking sound all over. The best person to trace and identify the source of the sound is you. Tracing and solving squeaking sound takes time and patient and service centres are usually too busy to do this task for you. So they will just guess and repair something just to please you. Or they will just tell you they don't hear anything and so no problem. Good luck to you.

Thanks splee, this is what i thought too. Im trying to rectify it myself currently see where does all those noise come from. Its whenever go over bump or going down to basement parking whereby got slopes, the noise is really exciting. Haha.

My the other E60 which is 10 years with me didnt have such issues. Hopefully can solve it when times to come.

I had a vibration noise from the steering column for over a year and it got worse as time goes by so I decided to send it in for troubleshooting and boy was it a journey of experience. They took out the whole dashboard what parts associated to it and after a month in the hospital the car is finally okay apart from interior scratches in which I asked them to replace it..FYI I paid 3 visits to them with the first 2 failing to address the issue and yes it created more issues haha. This happened 5 months ago and now I'm getting new noises coming from the dashboard area and I think my steering column plastic cover where there signal stalks come into is causing some rattling noise over uneven roads. Got 3.9k before BSRI time and hopefully the noise gets more evident so I can demo it to them for rectification...

Your E60 was a CKD model or its a CBU one?

Yah mine the noise came from uneven road and that day i went up to genting while coming down hill got those uneven bumpers caution us slow down, hehe.. The whole dashboard sound like it is going to collapase out.. Hahaha. Anyway it was fun driving it up and down especially the power the car had despite those noises. I guess when first service schedule come will ask them to rectify it if possible.

Mine the E60 is CKD unit. Serve me well too

Twll said:
Yah mine the noise came from uneven road and that day i went up to genting while coming down hill got those uneven bumpers caution us slow down, hehe.. The whole dashboard sound like it is going to collapase out.. Hahaha. Anyway it was fun driving it up and down especially the power the car had despite those noises. I guess when first service schedule come will ask them to rectify it if possible.

Mine the E60 is CKD unit. Serve me well too
Oh don't worry as long you can demo the sound to the techies when you take it out for a test drive with them and press that you want it fixed, they will then oblige to fix it but be prepared to leave it in there for a week or more.

I guess the older days or yore whereby quality was still apparent is no longer here with the new generation of cars.

Top Bottom