How are all the 3 series doing?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Guys...just off the topic question...I saw on bmw malaysia website that the f30 has contactless lift gate system...it's like u wave ur foot at the back of the car and the boot pops up without having to hold the keyfob or when ur hands are full with things....I tried mine but it's nt working...I'm not sure whether it's actually fitted with these techs...it's actually handy when u go grocery shopping...hw does this works?any ways to turn it on?mine is a 328i luxury...

I saw this in YouTube too, but I believe our local model doesn't have this. Most frustrating is, we are paying so much but without the most basic things such as GPS, Rear Camera. Even a Perodua Viva and Proton car are equipped with such standard features. And we are not given this as an option when u purchase the car.

Nope we do not have that...the new LCI X3 has it though.

Agreed on the botak spec car we all have here. Already bad they don't include navigation, reverse camera and comfort access but they don't even allow us to have it as a cost option.

Well that's very sad...most European cars have this feature....example ford kuga...I believe it's only applicable to SUVs and mpvs though,..

Maybe for Malaysia but I can tell its a very useful feature even for sedans coz many times I find myself struggling to get the key with both my hands tied with shopping bags.

Not to say we (F30) dont have it at all, you can find that feature only on 335i. :rock:

Options....until today we're still praying for BMW Malaysia to give us some options and not spec it according to how they see fit.

But saying that they still think a BMW owner needs to unlock his car manually and that the owner has to open his/her door to judge how much space is there left as he/she reverses in as to not hit the kerb since there is no reverse camera.

Don't mind me I'm just venting out haha.

Biasa la. We are treated as a 3rd world consumer and in return paying through our nose for an entry level 3 series. This is what BMW msia has been taking us for a ride here in bolehland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just read in the papers the the new C class diesel has 200BHP and 500Nm of torque from a 2.1L engine. Not sure if this variant will be sold here.In comparison the 320d has 184BHP and 380Nm torque and has got rave reviews.

seancorr said:
Nope we do not have that...the new LCI X3 has it though.

Agreed on the botak spec car we all have here. Already bad they don't include navigation, reverse camera and comfort access but they don't even allow us to have it as a cost option.

how else you think BMW Malaysia keep the car price down?

having options forces them to re-order and not being able to manage their stock lean

Prot said:
how else you think BMW Malaysia keep the car price down?

having options forces them to re-order and not being able to manage their stock lean
I think it is not the way BMW used to keep the prices down.
It is more like they want the loaded potential buyer to go for higher spec car which will earn them higher margin.
The lower spec basic range is purposely made to have kit deficiencies in order to lure the able buyer to buy the higher price range.

Imagine if 320i comes with all the kits such as HUD, larger LCD with nav, option for M suspension..etc.......a lot of people will just go for the 3 instead of the 5.

Thats my understanding anyway.

Just got my 320d M sport January 2014 model demo unit for rm120k about 13,000 km.
But of course in South Africa :)
Will ship back with me next year after 2 years working here for tax free.
Excellent, can't complain about it.

JHLuke said:
I think it is not the way BMW used to keep the prices down.
It is more like they want the loaded potential buyer to go for higher spec car which will earn them higher margin.
The lower spec basic range is purposely made to have kit deficiencies in order to lure the able buyer to buy the higher price range.

Imagine if 320i comes with all the kits such as HUD, larger LCD with nav, option for M suspension..etc.......a lot of people will just go for the 3 instead of the 5.

Thats my understanding anyway.
I think even if the F30 had all the bells and whistles people would still go for the F10 since it is more spacious and its a class above the F30.

The interior of the F10 is also more luxurious and it has some kit that the F30 does not like mechanical rear window sunblinds or active headrests and that nice quad zone air cond system.

Not quite true at least not to me. I thought I don't need the bigger wider body and I don't want to be so high profile. I enjoy the 320d ride so I get it. my kid can also drive it and it is not too big for them.
The other features are nice to have not really must have.
So I chose F30.

I echoe ditjk's opinion as well. Both 3 and 5 will be addressing different market segment regardless of trim level. I settled with the 328i as the performance and agility will out perform a 520i in similar price bracket plus minus. I have 2 small kids so for the time being a smaller car will serve the purpose ferry the kids around and satisfy my need for speed while driving without passenger :)

No doubt the 520i will be more posh inside but the f30 is not too far off especially with the fat 8.8" display.

my brake pad mileage countdown has stopped at 2200km.... driven more than 10k km since stop but no drop in indicator??

anyone faced the problem... ???

bmw malaysia as usual don't want to honour any BSRI until indicator comes..

What's your current mileage reading ? My mileage just tipped 9000km but didn't monitor the brake pad change schedule for sometime. Will check and update.

Top Bottom