How are all the 3 series doing?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Prot said:
with a budget of 200k, the C200 should be clearing now, it has more specs than the F30. and it is much quieter.

Optionally, you can have a look at the S60 T4. Extreme comfort. road noise and wind noise are F30 biggest enemy

But if you worry about maintanence, you can give Mazda 6 2.5 a try, and save 10k for repairs. it is more powerful than the 316i. will most definitely be cheaper to maintain in the long run. space wise its bigger too. while driving up Genting, you can enjoy the Bose speakers, 316i comes with a crappy 6 speaker setup. even the 328i, 9s are not noteworthy.

But if you need the prestige. then get the F30 or the Merc.
Errkkk..I owned & drove Mazda with Bose b4 and I must say 328i sound is comparable, do the tweaking.
Nothing to shout about BOSE....seriously

JayJhing said:
Yeahh thats the thing there, My elder bro already got his Merc C200 earlier this year :/. And I wouldn't wanna go for the same car as him haha! I've also got friends telling me to go for Audi A3 or A4 instead because apparently they said that BM 3series has been having problems with their iDrive sensors for some time now and they could not rectify the problems? I'm not sure :\ Dilemma much and the A3 1.4 TFSI I dont think its powerful enough and 1.8TFSI might as well go for A4 1.8TFSI seeing that leg room are much better but A4 model will be changing soon I guess 2016? :| Gahh
They "said" "BM 3series has been having problems with their iDrive sensors for some time now"...
Eerkkk do they own a 3series? or more of they say..he say..them say..everybody say...Ptfff

Orinoco said:
Errkkk..I owned & drove Mazda with Bose b4 and I must say 328i sound is comparable, do the tweaking.
Nothing to shout about BOSE....seriously
You tested the latest Mazda 6 sound? Much better than the 328i

The 508 JBL is epic too.

What tweaking are you referring to?

Prot said:
You tested the latest Mazda 6 sound? Much better than the 328i

The 508 JBL is epic too.

What tweaking are you referring to?
Treble & Bass for the sweet spot.
I am not an Audiophile but its good enough for me coming from the so called BOSE sound system previously.

Erm, the current outgoing A4? I'd only consider it at RM200k.
As it is, I was offered 4% discount end of last year (~RM225k) and still thought it was too expensive.
Don't even talk about full price.

go for the a3, 1.8T. It has Quattro and it pretty quick (around 6.9s).

The pricing is around 230k. you do get 4 years warranty.

unlike BMW's 2 years.

also, the F30 is going to get a facelift soon. there will be new engines, new bumper and some additional equipment.

Orinoco said:
They "said" "BM 3series has been having problems with their iDrive sensors for some time now"...
Eerkkk do they own a 3series? or more of they say..he say..them say..everybody say...Ptfff
haha I'm referring to some of the post in this forum about their alarm chasis and what not. Ain't that bout their sensors? And yes one of my friend, who is apparently a "BMW fanatic" which advice me not to get their 3ers unless they have already rectify this problem :\. And is best to go for their 5 series and above or the M series :proud:. Don't mistaken me, I love BMW! But the QS and QC in Malaysia is just not working and I don't wanna let this ruin my image of the beemers if whatever they said were true :\. Just my point of view here :)

dynamite said:
Erm, the current outgoing A4? I'd only consider it at RM200k.
As it is, I was offered 4% discount end of last year (~RM225k) and still thought it was too expensive.
Don't even talk about full price.
yeah i believe with what they are offering right now, I don't think 235k is worth it for the car seeing that a new model is coming out soon. And maybe that is why they are offering people with special packages and deals to attract more buyers :p.

Prot said:
go for the a3, 1.8T. It has Quattro and it pretty quick (around 6.9s).

The pricing is around 230k. you do get 4 years warranty.

unlike BMW's 2 years.

also, the F30 is going to get a facelift soon. there will be new engines, new bumper and some additional equipment.
I went to have a look at the A3 when it first arrived at the showroom near ttdi. The car is awesome nonetheless but with that price I can go for a better spacing car like 3 series, A4 or C200 and loads more other cars could do better with the same price range and dont get me started on the specs :p.

JayJhing said:
haha I'm referring to some of the post in this forum about their alarm chasis and what not. Ain't that bout their sensors? And yes one of my friend, who is apparently a "BMW fanatic" which advice me not to get their 3ers unless they have already rectify this problem :\. And is best to go for their 5 series and above or the M series :proud:. Don't mistaken me, I love BMW! But the QS and QC in Malaysia is just not working and I don't wanna let this ruin my image of the beemers if whatever they said were true :\. Just my point of view here :)
Other makes & models have its own prob & challenges....
1st half 2014, 3 series sold by thousands...if its a "problem" car sure "kena" one :motz:
Well nothing is perfect, Peace! :67:

Been driving 328i for the last 5 months since took delivery. BMW is a sports biased luxury make vs MB is largely a more luxury car and less sporty, comparing both between the bread and butter series of course. Btw, with the lci for 3 series coming next year, pretty sure it's a bargain to look for one now with deep discount from the distributors. Btw, new C class is sighted on trailers posted by paultan so that gives another reason to play to your advantage while negotiating for discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orinoco said:
Other makes & models have its own prob & challenges....
1st half 2014, 3 series sold by thousands...if its a "problem" car sure "kena" one :motz:
Well nothing is perfect, Peace! :67:
Haha true that ;). All depending on luck whether the car has serious problems or minor problem :p.

pchan1 said:
Been driving 328i for the last 5 months since took delivery. BMW is a sports biased luxury make vs MB is largely a more luxury car and less sporty, comparing both between the bread and butter series of course. Btw, with the lci for 3 series coming next year, pretty sure it's a bargain to look for one now with deep discount from the distributors. Btw, new C class is sighted on trailers posted by paultan so that gives another reason to play to your advantage while negotiating for discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wao must be sweet riding such a powerful car ;D. Yeah cant compare em both :). If lci facelift is coming next year do you think the price could go down any lower? I got them down to 3% discount with free tinting tho :p Wonder if they could go any lover that that :D.

The chassis alarm only applies to the adaptive suspension system in the 328i M-Sport cars I think and if you're talking about a 200k budget you will be looking at a 2012 328i which costs around RM220k+ at the moment and that car will not have the sensor alarm you speak of.

if you're looking for a new car then your options are very limited. Only the 316i fits your bill or add RM16k to get the so called F30 rival ala CLA200 that has limited rear space or save some money and get the rather smallish A3 1.4 TFSI which has lesser spec (half leather seats, driver only electric seat, etc).

my almost 2 years ownership of nov 2012 f30 320d has been only pure fun and joy, except the 2 or 3 times that i've sent in my car for the infamous "knocking" steering sound. other than that is only scheduled maintenance BSRI.. touch wood, no sensor failure, no idrive "sensor" problems (btw, what's that i've got no idea), no gearbox problem (the smoothest gb ever!), no chasis problem, no wiring problem, no water leakage problem, unlike those you hear or you friend's hear or what ever horror stories people got to say.

anyway my mods:-
1. titan dampers
2. m-sport steering wheels with paddle shifters
3. m-sport 18" wheels
4. upgraded to better philips HID bulbs (brighter and whiter)
5. upgraded to aftermarket LED turn signals
6. and a host of other cosmetic changes!
7. and reprogrammed the car to suit my own preferences (6 times auto turn signal, permanently remembering the auto/start stop function, closing the side mirrors upon locking the car, etc etc)

future upgrades
1. alpine speaker system with amp
2. rear reverse camera

i've driven merc, golf, nothing compared to the driving pleasure of BMW (after the mods btw, lol)..

humms said:
my almost 2 years ownership of nov 2012 f30 320d has been only pure fun and joy, except the 2 or 3 times that i've sent in my car for the infamous "knocking" steering sound. other than that is only scheduled maintenance BSRI.. touch wood, no sensor failure, no idrive "sensor" problems (btw, what's that i've got no idea), no gearbox problem (the smoothest gb ever!), no chasis problem, no wiring problem, no water leakage problem, unlike those you hear or you friend's hear or what ever horror stories people got to say.

1. titan dampers
3. m-sport 18" wheels
7. and reprogrammed the car to suit my own preferences (6 times auto turn signal, permanently remembering the auto/start stop function, closing the side mirrors upon locking the car, etc etc)

future upgrades
2. rear reverse camera

i've driven merc, golf, nothing compared to the driving pleasure of BMW (after the mods btw, lol)..
Bro for No. 7 where did you send your car in for reprogramming? Eurotuner?

humms said:

1. titan dampers
3. m-sport 18" wheels

future upgrades
2. rear reverse camera

Hi bro.. can I ask how much it cost you for items 1 to 5, plus how and where did you do item 7?

Cheers.

for those who are interested in reprogramming the car, retrofitting alpine speakers (for bmw f30) and other aftermarket upgrades (including idrive NBT, reverse camera etc), you can contact princevick / bimmercoder who's also a forum member..

for the m-sport steering wheel with shifters, you may contact maroonbug, also a forum member.

titan will be the titan guys themselves.

items 4 & 5, good ol ebay! make sure you order the right pin connections.. f30 HID uses D1S connector

please see this topic: http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/newforums/index.php?/topic/36416-changing-xenon-bulbs-in-f30/#entry708414

m-sport steering with shifters retrofit: http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/newforums/index.php?/topic/36376-f30-msport-steering-wheel-retrofitted/#entry707854

Top Bottom