How are all the 3 series doing?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
achtung said:
my brake pad mileage countdown has stopped at 2200km.... driven more than 10k km since stop but no drop in indicator??

anyone faced the problem... ???

bmw malaysia as usual don't want to honour any BSRI until indicator comes..
Achtung,

Mine stopped at 2,200km for like 10,000km or so. Thing is, there's a sensor that triggers the change once the thickness reaches certain level and mine didn't trigger till 4 days ago. The rear triggered so I got them to change the rear but requested them to change the fronts since that too was stuck at 2,200km for almost 10,000km or so. Don't worry too much on that, it will trigger soon. Or you could track the car this few weeks and whack those brakes.

hi bros..just asking what different between e90 n F30 on 320d...Which one is cheaper if you have the same equipment damage..tq

prodigy said:
Achtung,

Mine stopped at 2,200km for like 10,000km or so. Thing is, there's a sensor that triggers the change once the thickness reaches certain level and mine didn't trigger till 4 days ago. The rear triggered so I got them to change the rear but requested them to change the fronts since that too was stuck at 2,200km for almost 10,000km or so. Don't worry too much on that, it will trigger soon. Or you could track the car this few weeks and whack those brakes.
Strangely, mine also stucked at 2200km. Makes me wonder why everyone who has this problem seems to be stucked at this "mysterious" number

Csquare,

I believe the only reason why it's stuck at 2200km is because the thickness of the pads has not reached the threshold which the warning triggers. As for 2200km, it's probably just a number.

prodigy said:
Csquare,

I believe the only reason why it's stuck at 2200km is because the thickness of the pads has not reached the threshold which the warning triggers. As for 2200km, it's probably just a number.
Bro Prodigy is right. The 2200km is just a number that the iDrive throw out after certain time or mileage is reached. It's just an estimate of the remaining mileage to go before the change brake pad light comes on. How long before the change brake pad light comes on will depend on your driving and braking style. So, if you are a gentle driver, it may takes months before the light come on. FYI, I had the same number 2200km for months and still the change brake pad light did not come on. At first I thought there's something wrong. But on my last service, my SA took my car for a spin to check on some other issues and he triggered the change brake pad light when he stomped on the brake at a traffic light.

Yeah do a couple of emergency brakes at an empty lot and you can get the trigger to change your brake pads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like just an empirical indicator. Might as well just use green, yellow and red color code instead of making us tension seeing it freeze at 2200km and stopped clocking. However my former E90 didn't experience such issue with the countdown. I remember it was quite linear even towards the end of life of the brake pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True to that. I'd rather have color indicator on the brake change rather than an inaccurate mileage countdown. This is because one could drive 400KM on the highway with very little braking in between compared with another driving 400KM in the city with lots of braking.

prodigy said:
Achtung,
Mine stopped at 2,200km for like 10,000km or so. Thing is, there's a sensor that triggers the change once the thickness reaches certain level and mine didn't trigger till 4 days ago. The rear triggered so I got them to change the rear but requested them to change the fronts since that too was stuck at 2,200km for almost 10,000km or so.

Don't worry too much on that, it will trigger soon. Or you could track the car this few weeks and whack those brakes.
Mine never triggered ... SC manuqlly measured and was less that 3mm . They wrote in to Bmw malaysia and finally they changed it under BSRI. I Dunno when will go below 2200km .

Yeah, I totally agree with the colour coded counter to indicate brake pad replacement in place of the mileage counter which is not accurate (not even an estimation!) at all. What lah, BMW trying to be high tech but the supposedly high tech doesn't work at all. Sigh......

achtung said:
Mine never triggered ... SC manuqlly measured and was less that 3mm . They wrote in to Bmw malaysia and finally they changed it under BSRI. I Dunno when will go below 2200km .
The sensors can never be 100% accurate...in the end will need someone to visually inspect the percentage left.

c-square said:
Yeah, I totally agree with the colour coded counter to indicate brake pad replacement in place of the mileage counter which is not accurate (not even an estimation!) at all. What lah, BMW trying to be high tech but the supposedly high tech doesn't work at all. Sigh......
The most critical sensor I think would be the engine oil sensor and we do not have the option for a dipstick. I have a friend who has an Audi A5 and his engine oil sensor wasn't working but he suspected something was amiss and was lucky enough to have it checked before the engine run dry. Imagine the cost it would take to fix that!

prodigy said:
True to that. I'd rather have color indicator on the brake change rather than an inaccurate mileage countdown. This is because one could drive 400KM on the highway with very little braking in between compared with another driving 400KM in the city with lots of braking.
The mileage countdown isn't the same as that for service. For example the brake sensor can say due in 4000km and if you drove 1000km on the highways with little braking, you can see that the mileage for the brake sensor still stating 4000km.

For me, I remember my front brake pad sensor mentioned that it was due in 29,000km. After around 25 laps at Sepang, it showed that it was due in 12,000km. So yeah, its not about how far your drive.

One other irritating issue that crop up of late is the "creaking/squeaking" noise (can't really describe the said noise accurately) which could possibly come from friction of the leather seats (my feeble guess, though I might be wrong) when going through bumps or uneven surfaces. Anyone also have this predicament?

c-square said:
One other irritating issue that crop up of late is the "creaking/squeaking" noise (can't really describe the said noise accurately) which could possibly come from friction of the leather seats (my feeble guess, though I might be wrong) when going through bumps or uneven surfaces. Anyone also have this predicament?
This is normal bro...gosh now I'm sounding like the SC!

Design flaw...that's all I can say. Its the faux leather material that is rubbing against each other between the vertical part of the seat and the horizontal part and its right smack in the middle of the seat. IMHO its the kind of material that BMW chose to use that is causing this sound and the way they sew the seat together where there is a bulge that is causing the sound.

The only solution I have to it which only lasts for a week is to apply leather cream at that said location...be generous and apply more. I should try putting some oil there the next time which should work better.

2 years already. After steering noise n rusty seats so far good. Except wind noise after add seal to windscreen still there.

Now C250 just launched at RM310,888 Vs 328i MSPORT RM304,800. Pity not available earlier. I think far better driving experience than merc esp. with adaptive suspension.

KengKok said:
2 years already. After steering noise n rusty seats so far good. Except wind noise after add seal to windscreen still there.

Now C250 just launched at RM310,888 Vs 328i MSPORT RM304,800. Pity not available earlier. I think far better driving experience than merc esp. with adaptive suspension.
That's the CBU version...wait for the CKD one and it'll cost around the same as a 328i Luxury while the C250 AMG Line will cost around the same as a 328i M-Sport...

According to paultan's video review the W205 drives really well and its that close to the F30 so I can imagine the C250 AMG Line's performance will be close to the M-Sport.

Choices lol...but I must say the W205 interior damn good lah and they have integrated rear side window shades!

KengKok said:
Oic. Can't beat merc premium quality feel.
If the interior of the upcoming G11 model is anything to go by BMW has a long way to go before it can match Merc's interior quality and class. Let's hope when the inteior spyshots of the G30 are out it will look truly avantgarde then it will flow to the next gen 3 Series.

Top Bottom