Hissing sound from aircond vent

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mielo86

Club Guest
Have done some research but still want to conform from sifus here about my aircond problem.The symptom:1) hissing sound from center vent2) aircond not cold3) side vent blow air slower than the center4) some time the aircond die with no reason. no air blow Hope sifus here can help me solve this problem. thanks in advanceP/s: much help if sifus can provide the cost involve.

mielo86;735644 said:
Have done some research but still want to conform from sifus here about my aircond problem.

The symptom:
1) hissing sound from center vent
2) aircond not cold
3) side vent blow air slower than the center
4) some time the aircond die with no reason. no air blow

Hope sifus here can help me solve this problem. thanks in advance

P/s: much help if sifus can provide the cost involve.

for 1), 2) and 3) try sending your car aircond for service/maintenance if you have not done it yet. my aircond was not cold (enuf) and the compressor used to make this irritating trrrrrrr noise that i thot i had to break my wallet to replace it. but after servicing it last week (workshop use a machine that hook up to your aircond valve at 2 ends, the machine practically flush, vacuum the system, plus they add 2 bottle of 'air stabiliser') my car aircond now works like a charm, cold and more importantly the noise from compressor is gone!! serviced mine at K&S Auto USJ. for problem 4) mine also happened. read somewhere that it's caused by heat (from the engine?). but the aircond inexplicable cut off is not that regularly (once or twice in a month), everytime it happened i just pressed the 'auto' aircond button and it is back up again, so im not too bothered.

cost 2 hour hook-up to the machine and rm300.

yapkjm;735932 said:
Hi afazlee, may i know what is the address of K&S Auto Usj ,thks

call the tauke, soon 0162030665. the shop is at USJ industrial area, if you know summit USJ traffic light, turn towards Giant, drive straight up until after the chinese school, drive up further until u reach a small roundabout, you'll see shoplots near the roundabout, the shop is there.

Hi Bro mielo86, have you got your aircond fixed? My symptoms are exactly like yours, points 1-3. Point 4 not yet and hope not. The recent hot weather is crazy and i cant get the aircond to work up to the hot weather, it is already at 16 C, lowest temp. At night, it will take about 5 mins to cool but doesnt feel like it is 16 but more like at 23 C.

Sharing my experience:

hissing sound from center vent, One side of the air vent cold, another side warm,

Culprit: Cooling coil leak.

Cost: RM 1500

worst case scenario would be the cooling coil leak or ac compressor kaput.
but then those problems (1-3) normally occur when then is a low level of freon..

lately ive change all my ac compressor,cooling coil and also some other related part..
for the time being,my ac works fine.just a slightly different level of air blow compared from center to side vent.

Top Bottom