High Performance Brakelines for my E39

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I would choose Dot 4 if I can afford the goodridge brake lines. Good upgrade there

HTML:
initialM;731915 said:
I would choose Dot 4 if I can afford the goodridge brake lines. Good upgrade there

Just for your info, I got the brake fluid from company FOC every 6month for our car maintainance.

Installed finally!!!
Don't expect miracles with this as its only supposed to make a difference when you overheat your brakes.
A big thanks to Sewell!

Jerryc, this is what I understand about overheating or boiling of fluid

What happens when brake fluid boils? okay, so your going down a hill, its a steep one and instead of using engine braking (very important in a heavy camper) and occasional use of the brakes to slow you down you go all the way down the hill on the brakes, the heat generated by the friction of the brake pads against the brake discs causes heat to build up on the disc and in the caliper, this heat is transferred to the brake fluid.
If the brake fluid is old and has a low boiling point then the brake fluid will begin to boil, when the fluid boils it creates bubbles, so when you next go for the pedal you will find it sinks to the floor with very little if any effect on retarding the vehicles speed. Not good, once cooled the brakes return to normal. This is know as brake fade, vaporized or vapor locked depending who you talk to.

Yup, I believe it works hand in hand with the brake fluid. I assume when the brake fluid is boiling, the brake hoses would expand and flex more due to the heat. The braided hoses are just to reduce the expansion and retain brake feel.

i dunno about you, but my brake felt firmer and better response compare to my rubber hose. trailing car more confidently now ;)

Wonder if can try to push the brakes hard till its really hot then do a 100-0 braking and see the difference in distance between braided and non braided and also to see how either one feels after the brakes are hot hot hot ...

hky;738456 said:
i dunno about you, but my brake felt firmer and better response compare to my rubber hose. trailing car more confidently now ;)

Stainless steel braided brake hose will definitely improve braking and u can feel immediate the diff

initialM;738523 said:
Stainless steel braided brake hose will definitely improve braking and u can feel immediate the diff

IM ... I take it that the pedal will not feel so mushy? A more controllable feeling?

Top Bottom