Hidden climate control tricks : e36 Easter Egg

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

seb

Club Guest
People,Found this in a forum.'I'm too excited to inform you about a new discovery that I've made over the last week end. Maybe some of you guys were already aware of that but I wasn't.If you press the "auto" and the rear window "defrost" buttons at the same time while the car is running, the climate controls display's changes into a data display.On the left hand side you will see a number between 1 and 12 and on the RHS you will see an other set of numbers. If you press + and - of the climate control, you will see that the numbers on the LHS change between 1 and 12. I couldn't figure out all of the steps between 1 and 12 but I'm sure that step 6 shows the actual rpm and step 7 shows the actual speed in km/h. I also assume that steps 1 and 2 show oil and coolant temperatures. so it is for you guys to figure out the rest. If I'm correct about temperatures, there is no more need for extra gauges. I hope this was something new for you guys as well. I asked about it to my service but they didn't have a clue about it. Enjoy your new trick'Tried this on my E36 and indeed it works. Still not sure what those numbers on different channels mean. Can anyone figure it out?

woouu,

these freaking germans are definitely full of surprises man! love this kind of secrets. like cheats la! hehehehe

lets all of us try somemore combinations. maybe some of them will reveal more surprises.

p/s hope non of them will detonate the car la huh?

Originally posted by 2cents@Jan 17 2006, 12:20 AM
What's "defrost"? Didn't kno ther's a freezer in e36? :dunno:
Errrr...."demistifier" ar... :rofl:

Originally posted by mini_jeff67@Jan 18 2006, 09:00 AM
Easter eggs? Whats that?
Hidden extras which one has to find, just like finding "easter eggs"....

A slight detour, ever noticed that most software application packages have easter eggs too i.e. like one version of excel even has a simple flight simulator and another application (words, I think) has a pinball game.... hee hee. :ph34r:

Yup I tried it and it works... :D

Cool!

Only thing is to get it back to normal air cond/temp readings, i had to stop turn off ignition and start again.

Notice a certain warm scent though through the vents when in the alternative mode. curious.

Originally posted by flash@Jan 18 2006, 09:11 AM
i.e. like one version of excel even has a simple flight simulator and another application (words, I think) has a pinball game.... hee hee. :ph34r:
really ka? mind to share the tricks?

just double check.

tried on my e46 FL. it just changes the celsius to farenheit. no easter egg.

true?

Doesn't work on mine either....
If I press the Auto and Front blower I just get a change from F to C
If I press the Auto and rear demistser,nothing happens!
Very dissapointing!

Top Bottom