Help.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

dumeort

Club Guest
Please help me. I'm driving e46 328i. Today I just went install a sound system in my UDM. One 2-Channel Amp, One 4 Channel Amp, One Subwoofer and wirings stuff ..... After the installation. I found out that my airbag signal in ON. The accessories guys said it had nothing to do with the installation of the sound system but it never occur before. They ask me to go back service centre. Problaly the board problem ... The signal always On now. Any solutions for me ? Much Appreciate.Dumeort.p.s Dunno whether I should post here.

question 1: To which bunch of cables did you audio shop splice/tap the remote lead into...?

There's a buch of wires one shouldn't tap into...the safest way (I think) is to tap into the lead/connector wire into the cigarette lighter as this power point is fused, ready, stand alone and regulated.

I'm no eletrical/ICE expert but from the top of my head, I am thinking the airbag-light-on problem is due to drop in voltage because of improper wire tap (best scenario). You're lucky, I read one person had some 12" subs and amps installed and ended up with his whole engine ECU/circuit and battery control unit fried due to unstable power/voltage spikes/draws and inexperienced installation. It ended up to be a USD3k mistake....

Good Luck!

I think you have a point there as when I installed the first amp, there's no light in the air bag indicator but when the second amp installed, it happened.

Is there anything I can do right know as I already the installed the stuff.

dumeort: I am sure you'd feel better if you had all the wirings redone...take my suggestion about the cigarette lighter connector remote lead tap and see what they say. That is always the safest tap...

Did they take out your front door panel? If they did, then the air-bag light will turn on. Just go back to your service center and get them to reset it. Small matter,no need to worry. ;)

i think they didn't take out my front door panel. And to make the matter worse, when I on the car lamp, the speaker behind begin the bugging noise eventough I didn't turn on the radio. We call it (Fei Kei Sound) or 'sound like aeroplane. Something to do with the unstable voltage ? Or just the wiring problems. As you know, BMW car is sensitive. Once the expert say, "leave the bmw alone". :)

Why dont you go to a reputable shop and get it solve once and for all?

I had the same problem (airbag light on) and was solved by my accessory shop by resetting it.

The whining sound is due to poor grounding/voltage stability. Aramis has a good idea to reset the light for a quikc fix-it. But I'd still do a rewire when you get the chance...it'll help you sleep better at night....BMW electronics is not something you'd want to neglect/abuse.

Strongly suggest you to look into rewiring it. Don't play play with wiring. Better get it fix up soonest.

I have fixed the sound of the whining. Firstly, the guy put a relay the the electric component. (I'm no ICE expert) but it doesn't work. Then he open the side door and try to separate the some sort of 'music compressor or hydero' from the bunch of wires (i think is the original speaker wire). Then the sound disappear. Then he extended the compressor to the middle of the behind seat. So far no whinning sound. He said something to do with the electric field. However, as for the air-bag light, it still on. Maybe I should go to M1 reset the system.

It's horror stories like these that keeps people from upgrading or even adding some nice touches to their stock stereo system. Rule No. 1 of the game is always to find yourself reliable/good installer who has actually done some work on Conti rides like ours and knows the ins & outs of our wiring/electrical system. Penny pinching on this most of the times would actually lead to unwanted problems and repeated trips back to the shop. Just a thought, fellas ...

Cheers,

Vanquish said:
It's horror stories like these that keeps people from upgrading or even adding some nice touches to their stock stereo system. Rule No. 1 of the game is always to find yourself reliable/good installer who actually done some work on Conti rides like ours and knows the ins & outs of our wiring/electrical system. Penny pinching on this most of the times would actually lead to unwanted problems and repeated trips back to the shop. Just a thought, fellas ...

Cheers,

Yup, totally agree. Did mine at a shop ,which charges a slight premium but I can rest assure that I wont have sleepless nights. ;)

Must be very careful with electrical wiring in our bimmers. Dun play play.... it's very dangerous.

Top Bottom