help !! E93 original 19"sport rims crack & bend

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Seith_C

Hello all... go for balancing & alignments this afternoon..found that both rear rims cracked internal & seems being repaired & welded 3 times each by previous owner..
front rims bend, poor movements when doing alignment. .
so what should I do now..??..the rims look so good , so pity to change it..can I repair again..??..and what tyres recomended , should I go for 18" for comfortable. .??..
please advise all sifu here. ...

Seith_C said:
Hello all... go for balancing & alignments this afternoon..found that both rear rims cracked internal & seems being repaired & welded 3 times each by previous owner..
front rims bend, poor movements when doing alignment. .
so what should I do now..??..the rims look so good , so pity to change it..can I repair again..??..and what tyres recomended , should I go for 18" for comfortable. .??..
please advise all sifu here. ...
If it was repaired multiple times especially on welding due to a crack, the material has been compromised already. I would advise for you to get a new set of rims.

Yah. Better change new rims la. Already so bad condition liao. New rims is safer and more enjoyable to drive. Get 18" if you want better comfort and cheaper Tyres.

Yes. Change to 18" better. But if the 19" tyres are still good, let me know. Hehe

Dont risk the chance of ur rim n tyre rolling past u at 110km/h.... get new rims, any rims if u care abt ur own safety...

Mavik said:
If it was repaired multiple times especially on welding due to a crack, the material has been compromised already. I would advise for you to get a new set of rims.
Ok ... thanks... tomorrow will go to search for new set of rims and tyres... or maybe those 2nd hand 18" original rims...
but if let say I want to sell this current rim , still got market value ma..??

splee said:
Yah. Better change new rims la. Already so bad condition liao. New rims is safer and more enjoyable to drive. Get 18" if you want better comfort and cheaper Tyres.
Oh..ok..thanks for ur advised... I also think of 18" rims more comfortable. .now 19" very hard and jump..
so any advise on run flat tyres or normal tyres..?

wideawake said:
Yes. Change to 18" better. But if the 19" tyres are still good, let me know. Hehe
Haha...okok...let see how is the status tomorrow. ..
My 19" tyres , front one I think quite good condition, rear one got 1 piece expand dy..I think spoiled dy...and is brand roadstone ... never heard before..
u interested. .??..haha...

gendong said:
Dont risk the chance of ur rim n tyre rolling past u at 110km/h.... get new rims, any rims if u care abt ur own safety...
Oh...thanks...then the original one can trade in how much ler..??..or keep it..?.

Seith_C said:
Oh..ok..thanks for ur advised... I also think of 18" rims more comfortable. .now 19" very hard and jump..
Best to use RFT if you can afford it as the car was designed to run on RFT. The harder RFT will give you a better handling but at the some expense of comfort. Having said that, the latest generation of RFT is not as harsh as the older ones, giving you the right combination of handling and ride comfort. Besides handling, RFTs is more reliable, convenient and safer as you don't have to stop at the road side to change your tyre.

Seith_C said:
Ok ... thanks... tomorrow will go to search for new set of rims and tyres... or maybe those 2nd hand 18" original rims...
but if let say I want to sell this current rim , still got market value ma..??
Best is to ask the shop, we can't see how much damage that was done to it previously. The shop might just sell it to the scrap yard as well. Yes, the 2nd hand original 18" rims are a good bet. Strong and hard, not so light but then again you aren't focusing on tracking the car so it is fine.

Seith_C said:
Normal tyres would be more comfortable but you probably need to invest in a spare tyre and tyre sealant, a portable pump and a car jack.

Get a new one bro, and avoid those replicas. The the original - much stable at high speed.

Toyo t1 sports
front 235 x 40, rear 245 x40

Michellin ps3
Front 235 x 40, rear 245x40

Hi all..which one recommended. .??.. ia this the idea combination for the comfort & performance. ..??..

Will try non run flat...& see how is the result..also will try to get the spare tyres for my car..but where can buy it.??

Mavik said:
Best is to ask the shop, we can't see how much damage that was done to it previously. The shop might just sell it to the scrap yard as well. Yes, the 2nd hand original 18" rims are a good bet. Strong and hard, not so light but then again you aren't focusing on tracking the car so it is fine.

Normal tyres would be more comfortable but you probably need to invest in a spare tyre and tyre sealant, a portable pump and a car jack.
Ya...will get those non run flat one, cz always drive in and out from sg, my tyres wear off easily..comfortable also quite important. .and budget also...

Those replica rims from taiwan not adviseable ar..??..look nice oo...quite hard to get those 18" original rims here..aih...

Mavik said:

Ya...will get those non run flat one, cz always drive in and out from sg, my tyres wear off easily..comfortable also quite important. .and budget also...

Those replica rims from taiwan not adviseable ar..??..look nice oo...quite hard to get those 18" original rims here..aih...

Mun said:
Get a new one bro, and avoid those replicas. The the original - much stable at high speed.
Those replica one really that bad ar..??..
taiwan one ler..??..

splee said:
Best to use RFT if you can afford it as the car was designed to run on RFT. The harder RFT will give you a better handling but at the some expense of comfort. Having said that, the latest generation of RFT is not as harsh as the older ones, giving you the right combination of handling and ride comfort. Besides handling, RFTs is more reliable, convenient and safer as you don't have to stop at the road side to change your tyre.
Thanks for advise..but will go for non run flat tyres..cz for comfort & also budget...
I almost done 50k a years so seems quite expemsive if I go for non run flat..but will get all the kit ready for emergency status...

If u buy staggered rims, you can use this:

245/40/18 & 265/35/18

Or for 19"
245/35/19 & 265/30/19

wideawake said:
If u buy staggered rims, you can use this:

245/40/18 & 265/35/18

Or for 19"
245/35/19 & 265/30/19
Why the rear tyres height need to decrease by 5..??..

Because this is ugly.

3d2a59a1f04accb1a52f5a5f7fce4a84.jpg

Top Bottom