HELP: E46 aircond blower problem.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

over

Club Guest
Hi guys, i just bought a 3series E46 unreg 2001 model a few weeks ago, a few days after handover, i took the car long distance kl-manjung, i found out that my aircond on 'auto' mode will not function (blower running but hot air/no cold air coming out. I also found out that the compressor was heavily iced up) on long distance doing 120++km/h but in town driving no problem. So i took it back to the dealer and change the aircond sensor with new BMW parts . Now the problem seems to reoccur ; aircond setpoint @ 19-22deg the blower indicate almost full blast but the air coming out is slow. Today I drive KL to Manjung again and the aircond stilll got problem...aircond set @19deg 'Auto' mode, the blower was blowing slowly but indication is full. I drive during midday, so the back passanger complaint lorr... y no aircond...hotlah!!Can anyone tell me, is this normal?? or is there something wrong?? as i have never used a BMW b4 this. Does anyone had this problem b4?? thanx.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
Try check heater setting or ur temperature sensor error maybe blockage with dust or whatever. try to clean it.
It's to easy sent to workshop for computer check spent rm80. :rofl: :rofl:

Originally posted by suratsh@Mar 19 2006, 10:38 PM
:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:
Try check heater setting or ur temperature sensor error maybe blockage with dust or whatever. try to clean it.
It's to easy sent to workshop for computer check spent rm80. :rofl: :rofl:
:eek:k: :eek:k: I'm sending today.... can it be the aircond gas is depleted?? nvm... I'll ask the mech to check lah...

blower blowing slowly.....could be a transistor controlling the speed in the circuit board that is faulty...

sent to mech alredy....they ask to try the a/c on manual for a few days...see wut happens... want to check the sensor/computer, the equipment is with their bos...and the bos cuti....wife deliver baby.... maybe next week i go back to the workshoplah...

over... i had the same prob but i change the regulator(thts wat the dealer told me) n everythin is fine... but it cost me rm550

Originally posted by karate70@Mar 24 2006, 06:09 PM
over... i had the same prob but i change the regulator(thts wat the dealer told me) n everythin is fine... but it cost me rm550
aiyah...rm550!!anyway... I ask around they said maybe my thermostat....so today alredy change...last time compressor didn't cut-off even when the set temp is reached so coil iced up very badly...now tested after changing the thermostat, compressor cut-in and cut-off according to set temp... now I just need to test on the road maybe tomorrow I take a drive to seremban and back just to make sure everything iz ok...

Thermostat changed with new spare, a/c tested satisfactory. No more ac problems...

Originally posted by karate70@Mar 24 2006, 05:09 AM
There are OEM part options for this as I just found out from Walrus Lord. His car had the same problem and the blower kept going after the ignition was switched off, draining his battery and leaving his car stranded at his workplace. He called M Speed and they came over and changed the resistor (OEM part) which cost only Rm380. Looks a bit different from the original as he told me, but works fine.

I had the same prob on manual a/c...it was the a/c resistor that controls the a/c blower speed.

I changed it for RM360 at Naidu Shell...BM ac king.

Cheers

Romeo

Hi! the problem could most probably be your setting of the AC is at it's lowest temp. In our climate that temp is hard to achieve. So while your climate control is trying to achieve your desired temp. the pipes for the cooling to the compressors get iced up. The best is to keep the temp settings at 20 - 25 degrees. Otherwise you'd have to switch off the AC for awahile then turn it back on.

Cheers

Aiyah!!!!!!! after a few weeks than my compressor kaput! I was going to ipoh than sudenly no a/c....and it's raining summore.....now compressor alredy changed. But they said UK spec E46 compressor no spare (iz this true????) so have to use another model (E36) but have to modified the inlet and outlet compressor pipe (connected to the compressor only). My compressor has a spring loaded belt tensioner.....the modified compressor only manual tensioner, plus belt ori cannot use, must use aftermarket non-bmw parts...aiyah.... for further clarification, i'll post pics of the compressor.

another view of the replacement compr...see no spring tensioner.... using manual tensioner.......

Top Bottom