aircond problem - E36

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by Lee36328@Jun 17 2005, 01:39 PM
Now my aircond can handle the hottest days in town..
Now my aircond can't handle even the coolest days in town..

I think my wallet is going to be very light soon...

mmm...usually, I send my cars to New Century at SS2...they have been there since the 70s..... ;)

Originally posted by ccl68@Jun 17 2005, 08:46 PM
mmm...usually, I send my cars to New Century at SS2...they have been there since the 70s..... ;)
Where is it?

I think my cooling coil also kaput already. It's like a sauna in my car.

my having same problem after my conpressor went kaput. Change compressor, service and change the valve....now air cond cold but air seems to feel stale......any ideas

Mine started few weeks back. Takes long time to cool up..Next only night and early morning cold else hot. Next idling hot, speeding cold. Now, whole day or night idle or speeding, sauna. This morning a hissing sound coming from the a/c vents if the compressor is ON. Must be the cooling coil gone case already?

P/S Where is this Naidu exactly located?

My symptoms were similar...

1. takes a long time to cool - turned out to be a faulty relay switch, RM90
2. insufficiently cool during hot days - fixed after naidu serviced the system
3. a few days after that, totally no air from aircon - M1 identified a problem w resistor - RM430++

Now, I have to turn the aircon down! Freezes, esp during rainy days! Heaven!

Naidu is at Jalan Gasing, behind the Shell station, just next to the EPF building that you can see from the Federal Highway. Naidu is located right behind the Shell station.

In your case, the cooling coil may be suspect, in which case, a full dashboard down job is to be expected... good luck...

Originally posted by ccl68@Jun 17 2005, 08:46 PM
I went there last night. Guess how much I was quoted??

cooling coil, expension valve, reciever dryer and compressor kong out all at the same time???? can you believe that???? :angry:

The boss told me do everything except compressor all rm3k! and that is excluding the cost of a new compressor!!!

:getyourfactsright: I think my a/c re-built is gonna cost like rm5k!!! *faint*

Must go to Naidu to get a quote and see how much.

2nd hand - RM400. From Naidu. But as usual, buying 2nd hand parts depends on your luck.

I know of one owner who wanted a new compressor but was advised to take a 2nd hand one. That compressor later went kaput and leaked oil into the whole system. He had to re-service his whole system again. More moolahs again.

Originally posted by flash@Jun 21 2005, 02:17 PM
2nd hand - RM400. From Naidu. But as usual, buying 2nd hand parts depends on your luck.

I know of one owner who wanted a new compressor but was advised to take a 2nd hand one. That compressor later went kaput and leaked oil into the whole system. He had to re-service his whole system again. More moolahs again.
Any idea how much is a new unit?

Originally posted by primacom@Jun 21 2005, 03:28 PM
mine cost almost 1.9k (inclusive installation)
What did your re-built/repair include for RM1.9k? And where did you do it? All original and new parts used?

mine is all new, had used a recon b4....taught it be cheap but end of the day the compressor went kaput and after changing new compressor also not cold ...have to end up service my air cond with dash board all taken out and valve changed...cost me another 650. if u ur a particular guy with your beemer...my advise go for new....quieter , smoother and less problems......mine have to go thru all sorts of agony.....it is just not worth while

the E36 compressor is serviceable. Naidu can change the bearings and clutch. No need to get a recond or a new one.

Just dump your compressor at Naidu's in the morning and it will be ready in the afternoon. That's what I did and happy so far.

Originally posted by affan66@Jun 21 2005, 11:31 PM
the E36 compressor is serviceable. Naidu can change the bearings and clutch. No need to get a recond or a new one.

Just dump your compressor at Naidu's in the morning and it will be ready in the afternoon. That's what I did and happy so far.
Meaning... you did your whole a/c system including compressor for rm1.3k only?

If yes, than I'm heading to Naidu today straight away!

Top Bottom