Hello there! I'm getting an E46 , 320i, any comment?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Still got time to change car? Get a 325i instead...more uumph during drive.

^^ this is why not many 320i in the forum, everytime people come and ask, later got racunned to get a bigger cc cars. I'm surprised ppl didnt start racunning earlier :cool:

1)My engine is the M52TUB20 (i think)< how's this engine?
reliable, can deliver the power when u need.. but after u experienced drive/ride in another bigger displacement car, then u will crave for a bigger cc.. this is not racun, I am talking based on my experienced.. anyhow 2.0 consider enough for a young driver, powerful car the jockey pun mesti powerful maa.. :driver:

2)Can I install auto-lights and rain sensor on it?
3)Can I change the manual seats to electronic seats?
intresting retrofit, but if I were u, I will invest my money to change all wear and tear part, consider ur model age between 10-14 y/o.. its due to major service.. unless previous owner already done, then its up to u lah..

enjoy ur ride, dont get stress if other car cucuk and highlighting u, just let them pass.. LOL :cool:

splee;806412 said:
Bro, don't worry, your questions will be answered by some gurus later. Or you could join the TT session tomorrow for answer to some of your questions.

Ayoo...u ajak org for tt...but u never join...what la u...c u this friday

irfan80;806487 said:
Ayoo...u ajak org for tt...but u never join...what la u...c u this friday

Sorry la bro.... I really wish i could join the TT one day. Although i am not there at the TTs, my soul is with you guys. The time will come when I get my freedom back....for sure.

splee;806498 said:
Sorry la bro.... I really wish i could join the TT one day. Although i am not there at the TTs, my soul is with you guys. The time will come when I get my freedom back....for sure.

What la soul....the oni soul I know is soulfood....hahaha

irfan80;806514 said:
What la soul....the oni soul I know is soulfood....hahaha[/QUOTE

I know seafood je... Apa tu soulfood? My license kena gantung by HM for driving without seat belt....hahahaha

splee;806518 said:
irfan80;806514 said:
What la soul....the oni soul I know is soulfood....hahaha[/QUOTE

I know seafood je... Apa tu soulfood? My license kena gantung by HM for driving without seat belt....hahahaha

HM so ganas till can gantung license just 'cause tarak seatbelt? Macam police je.

haywire;806479 said:

^^ this is why not many 320i in the forum, everytime people come and ask, later got racunned to get a bigger cc cars. I'm surprised ppl didnt start racunning earlier :cool:

A BMW without a big engine is like a F16 without its missiles.-Jeremy Clarkson :rock:

krsna86;806554 said:
A BMW without a big engine is like a F16 without its missiles.-Jeremy Clarkson :rock:

Jeremy may have to change his words now because newer BMWs now come with small turbo charged engine with big power.

splee;806597 said:
Jeremy may have to change his words now because newer BMWs now come with small turbo charged engine with big power.

Haha yea, this was back in 1998 during the E46 328i top gear review.

haywire;806479 said:

dun think I have many choices because my dad sort of buy it from his friend..haha

Helena320;806483 said:
1)My engine is the M52TUB20 (i think)< how's this engine?
reliable, can deliver the power when u need.. but after u experienced drive/ride in another bigger displacement car, then u will crave for a bigger cc.. this is not racun, I am talking based on my experienced.. anyhow 2.0 consider enough for a young driver, powerful car the jockey pun mesti powerful maa.. :driver:

2)Can I install auto-lights and rain sensor on it?
3)Can I change the manual seats to electronic seats?
intresting retrofit, but if I were u, I will invest my money to change all wear and tear part, consider ur model age between 10-14 y/o.. its due to major service.. unless previous owner already done, then its up to u lah..

enjoy ur ride, dont get stress if other car cucuk and highlighting u, just let them pass.. LOL :cool:
haha.. I'm currently driving a Lexus RX350 V6 four-cam car.. but then it's my parents' car and it's not that fun to drive if u know wot i mean.. hehe

Alex5522;806424 said:
Hello bro welcome to the forum..

1)My engine is the M52TUB20 (i think)< how's this engine? As your engine spec was same as mine, so i can tell that our M52 engine is a very good engine which almost the same as M54 engine too.

2)Can I install auto-lights and rain sensor on it? Yes..you can refer : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=493341

3)Can I change the manual seats to electronic seats? Yes..refer : http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=348165

Good luck to you.
Hi, Bro Alex5522,
It seem to me that all BMW IL6's engines are look alike the same, there was a car dealer told me that his showroom 525i is M54 engine which is higher value than the common engine ones.
Can you teach me how to identify and differentia single vanos or double vanos or these M52 & M54 engine's ?
T I A

lleejin;806670 said:
haha.. I'm currently driving a Lexus RX350 V6 four-cam car.. but then it's my parents' car and it's not that fun to drive if u know wot i mean.. hehe
I keep day dreamings and wishing hard to be born with a golden spoon in my mouth and have a daddy like yours:sleep:
FYI, my dad don't even share his bicycle with me. AKU....Cry Out Loud !

fongmy;807069 said:
Hi, Bro Alex5522,
It seem to me that all BMW IL6's engines are look alike the same, there was a car dealer told me that his showroom 525i is M54 engine which is higher value than the common engine ones.
Can you teach me how to identify and differentia single vanos or double vanos or these M52 & M54 engine's ?
T I A

Hi bro,

The BMW 1.4 scanner will tell you either M52 or 54 engine, btw you can always search the info's you need from the web :eek: here some info as your reading:-
1)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M52
2)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M54
3)http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=173759

fongmy;807071 said:
I keep day dreamings and wishing hard to be born with a golden spoon in my mouth and have a daddy like yours:sleep:
FYI, my dad don't even share his bicycle with me. AKU....Cry Out Loud !

hi bro, the M52TU and the M54 are both double vanos and almost indistinguishible from one another. In fact many parts are shared between both engines. M52 is different as it is single vanos and you can actually see the Vanos is smaller.

Easier way to tell is M52TU is drive by cable (heavy throttle) and M54 is drive by wire (really light throttle.

Of course if you have a smartphone, log in to www.bmwvin.com and enter the last 7 digits of the VIN number and you'll get a sure answer about the spec right there and then, in front of the car.

haywire;807095 said:
hi bro, the M52TU and the M54 are both double vanos and almost indistinguishible from one another. In fact many parts are shared between both engines. M52 is different as it is single vanos and you can actually see the Vanos is smaller.

Easier way to tell is M52TU is drive by cable (heavy throttle) and M54 is drive by wire (really light throttle.

Of course if you have a smartphone, log in to www.bmwvin.com and enter the last 7 digits of the VIN number and you'll get a sure answer about the spec right there and then, in front of the car.
Hi, Bro haywire,
Thank you and now my brain is no more "haywire" with such a detail explainations, especially your valuable web site link provided to counter check accuaracy to avoid being TIBU unknowingly.
Deep appreciations for head-up, thanks a billion...Bro

Top Bottom