GY RFT > Toyo T1 Sport (non RFT) comparison

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

eter

Club Guest
Anyone with experience using Toyo T1 Sport in comparison to a RFT? Looking at changing the 225/45/R18.Appears the Toyo side wall is thick but not sure if the noise comfort is going to improve or get worse in comparison?

I made a change from the original Bridgstone RFT tyre to Toyo T1 sport about a year ago. The Toyo T1 is more quite and comfortable as expected however the wear and tear is rather fast as it is soft type tyre. My next change amy also to T1 sport.

Im using front and rear with toyo T1Sport about 1 year..its quiet n comfort..rm 765 per unit..change at batu belah jooi seng tyre klang..

- - - Updated - - -

Im using front and rear with toyo T1Sport about 1 year..its quiet n comfort..rm 765 per unit..change at batu belah jooi seng tyre klang..

I also got 4 GY RFT replaced with Toyo T1 Sports 225/45ZR18 (95Y) XL

Pluses
+ Feels lighter immediately
+ Slightly more supple and comfortable
+ About same road noise at low speed but slighter quieter at high speed
+ Availability of normal tyres replacement (small town locality) and to also try out different tyres in the future.

Minuses
- Safety goes down the drain (high speed puncture, changing tyre at roadside, etc)
- Now desperately looking for spare tyre kit or puncture sealant kit in case
- Slightly less road feel at steering

Overall
Like running in a Timberland shoes vs Asics runners.
However the safety aspect of RFT is incomparable.

PM me if you need 3 x GY RFT replacement with 80% tread remaining

With standard tyres Toyo T1 Sports 225/45 ZR18 (95Y) XL vs OEM Goodyear RFT 225/45 R18 (91V).
Do you change the tyre pressure as the load and speed rating are different? The info plate at the door has no exact recommended tyre pressure to reflect the new tyre rating.

Top Bottom