GPS map update for 330e

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Vincent330e

Do you know that you can manually update the map in your car's navigation system?

I'm not sure about the other models but it works for my 330e. I suspect this also work for other models with the connected drive navigation system as well.

Here's how:

1. Go to https://www.bmw-connecteddrive.my/app/index.html#/portal/store

2. Here you can see the services which is booked for your vehicle. One of them is USB Map update. Mine was booked for 3 years since the date I received my car.

3. Go to options (the icon with 3 horizontal lines at the top left corner). From the drop down menu, select 'remote cockpit'.

4. Within the remote cockpit page, you can see the nice picture of your car, the weather, mileage etc. Dont bother, because you just need to click on the word 'remote cockpit' right at the top where there's another drop down menu.

5. Here, you can see 'status', 'control', 'map' and 'efficiency'. I'm sure many of us would have selected 'map', BUT DON'T. The correct option is 'CONTROL'.

6.Within the 'control' page, scroll down all the way to the bottom and then select 'Map Update'.

7. Then, there will be options to choose between 'Windows' or 'Mac'. Select according to the OS of your computer.

8. A BMW map update software will be downloaded yo your PC. Install the software and just follow the instructions from here on out. You will need to get ready a USB pen drive with at least 6.3 Gb to transfer the maps.

I thought it would be useful to share this because when I have asked the service technician at the Auto Bavarian showroom on how to update the map - he told me it would be expensive and tedious. He told me why don't you just use Waze. He never told me that we are entitled for free usb map updates for the first 3 years.

I hope this guide helps.

Top Bottom