Govt scraps plan to scrap old cars

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

enkil

Official Member
Saw this in Malaysian Insider, good news i guess..:top:Govt scraps plan to scrap old carsKUALA LUMPUR, Nov 6 – The government has agreed to pull back the introduction of an end of life policy for vehicles after taking into account the people’s views and feedback.Since the announcement of the plan, the government has been receiving many complaints from the people who are generally not agreeable to the mandatory annual comprehensive inspection as requirement for road tax renewal for vehicles aged 15 years or older, a statement from the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (Miti) said today.On October 28, MITI had announced the new National Automotive Policy (NAP) which included the Vehicle End Of Life Policy which will see the introduction of a mandatory annual inspection of cars aged 15 years and above as a requirement for road tax renewal-Bernama

Add on to this ...

NST

Govt scraps plan on vehicle end-of-life policy

2009/11/06
By Azlan Abu Bakar
KUALA LUMPUR: The government has withdrawn the end-of-life policy for vehicles after taking in account the public’s views and feedback.
The International Trade and Industry Ministry, in a statement issued yesterday, said the government had received many complaints from various quarters on the policy which was annnounced on October 28 as part of the National Automotive Policy (NAP).

They generally disagree to the mandatory annual comprehensive inspection as a requirement for road tax renewal for vehicles aged 15 years or older.

Among the main grouses were the additional cost that the affected owners had to incur for having the car inspected every year before road tax renewal.

The phasing out of old vehicles in other countries is normally accompanied by some form of subsidy or incentive to ease the burden of the car owners.

The announcement came two days after Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin said that the government was willing to review the new NAP regulations that had a negative impact on the public. :stupid:

What were they thinking ? Not enough brain to think about the impact ?

just to show to the people that they care..ahh politics
in the end, it backfires to them

Singapore have COE that last 10 years and can be renew but the roadtax is higher.

car above 3 years are subject to inspection prior to roadtax renewal.

UK also have MOT inspection.

No sure about other country..

this is indeed a surprise. i was expecting the retraction to come in about 6 months so, and not admit their shortsightedness this soon after the initial announcement. oh well.. that says a lot about our policymakers.

true, s'pore and the brits got the mandatory inspection thing going.. inability to do the same ought to tell our politicians how immature our society is in comparison. the sooner our leaders realize that, the better. this country needs to grow up first before it does things grown-ups do.

wait till we govern this motherland. i'll scrap the open AP as well as franchise AP immediately. LEt's see who's compllaining. BY the way they really walk the talk..."rakyat di dahulukan" .. that's why we got these,,,...tax impose on credit card, scrapping old car, RON 97 increase to RM2.05...(wondering if anyody do realise, the petrol was inreased since SEp 09!)
Hah... "Rakyat didahulukan!.... "

jarance;468992 said:
Singapore have COE that last 10 years and can be renew but the roadtax is higher.

car above 3 years are subject to inspection prior to roadtax renewal.

UK also have MOT inspection.

No sure about other country..

Unker - tak jugak ..

I just renewed my tax - no inspection ..
Maybe coz it's for 6 months. My car is 4 yrs old.
My fren drives a GTI - kena inspection ...

Dunno lah ..

thery are not supposed toi implement d policy coz car prices in m'sia are very expensive. eg toyata camry in brunei cost BND45k only

Top Bottom