Genting w/ UDM - Not advisable?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I think what pujiess is trying to say is different from what his/her mechanic trying to say.

The mechanic's statement is "BMW not suitable to climb hill".. Meaning the mechanic specifically mention BMW not suitable, others can. Pujiess should immediately ask him why. God knows what aspect is he referring to. If Pujiess want us to fill is the reason, we can talk until the cow come home.

And what Pujiess is really asking "would hill climbing reduce the running life of the UDM"..

Answer is YES! The best is don't drive the car. Then the car's condition can be preserved infinitely.

If that's not the answer u r looking for, then wat about this:

Harsh driving condition will shorten the component life in a car. Do u agree?

If yes, then we proceed to define what is harsh driving. If NO. Then I rest my case here and go play far far.

Harsh driving simply means stressing the engine/car out, be it stop and go traffic jam with little cool air blown into the hot European UDM engine, fast acceleration on a green light, jamming the brake hard to stop the car, carrying lots of load, terrible road surface, high rpm rev, frequent change gear, high speed/red line cruising, etc..

And YES, hill climbing is definitely one of them!

So if the question is simply preserving the machinery, you answer ends here.

Now let's discuss what car is "suitable" to climb hill or rather, can reach the hill top the fastest possible... :smokin:

Hill roads are winding, slippery, ups and downs. The most suitable vehicle is a 4WD la. Next is RWD, then FWD.

UDMs are all RWD and therefore compare to FWD, they are more suitable to climb hill because RWD has good rear wheel traction compared to FWD.

And driving RWD and very different from FWD. FWD is easier to drive compare to RWD especially the powerful ones because RWD car can "buang" or loose their tail is u can't control the power, especially on a slippery surface. Remember! Power is nothing without control and with power, it comes with responsibility!

12778246ca9f4ca60ee.jpg

Not to worry, just cruise your way up and ur UDM should be fine.

agree w astroboy... if u always go up & down the hill or harshly drive for sure u huv to check engine condition, brake pad, belting, etc. all the parts life will be shorten but not as shorten as kancil.

Actually I am not surprise if Kancil end up to be more durable because u can hardly rev into the red line and the car is so low in compression and ringan. Its quite impossible to over drive a Kancil.

Top Bottom