Gearbox Problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

panna

Club Guest
Hi all sifu,My ride had gearbox problem where warning light came out after riding about 15 - 20 minutes and will lock on to 4th gear to drive. If I switch off the engine and restart, it will back to normal for a while and back to warning light after few minutes later. Gearbox transmission is still smooth (no jerking or any). Gear oil had been change every 25,000 km. When send for diagnose, below is the message (had try out 3 times)Fault code 31 - Symptom, gear monitoringFault code 37 - Position sensor, clutchIs it the the sensor problem?

panna;760609 said:
Hi all sifu,

My ride had gearbox problem where warning light came out after riding about 15 - 20 minutes and will lock on to 4th gear to drive. If I switch off the engine and restart, it will back to normal for a while and back to warning light after few minutes later. Gearbox transmission is still smooth (no jerking or any). Gear oil had been change every 25,000 km. When send for diagnose, below is the message (had try out 3 times)

Fault code 31 - Symptom, gear monitoring
Fault code 37 - Position sensor, clutch

Is it the the sensor problem?

Is gear position switch which u can find at beside the gearbox. It connect with the gear knob cable having problem.

well it could be due to getting wet from the rain the past weeks...spray some WD40 and let it dry..it should help.

If not then new switch which should cost much less than a GB rebuild ;)

Top Bottom