Gear Problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mikeraj04

Club Guest
Hai dear sifu's,Im driving e46 320I 2001/07 6cylinder Did anyone came across this problem so far, where while driving suddenly the gear sign pop out, so I pull out to the side and restart the engine and the sign its gone…so continue my ride about 20km the sign pop out again…..so I continue driving to my Mech… so he ask me the car jerks or not and I told him no …..so he did a diagnose…..and told me my air mesh Filter giving wrong reading….so he ask me to change it first……..but he reset the error code and ask me to try…..again…so after resetting that I continue driving to shah alam about 25km the sign pop out again…I notice when driving on a normal surface it’s ok but as going on a bumpy road the sign pop out ….is there anything to do with my wheels? Or lower arms….pls guide me….dear sifu’sRegards mikeraj04

It could be the gear position switch problem or gear box problem. If using BMW Scanner 1.4 to scanner and shows u Gear Box Switch, then the gear position switch having problem.

tweiboon;771392 said:
It could be the gear position switch problem or gear box problem. If using BMW Scanner 1.4 to scanner and shows u Gear Box Switch, then the gear position switch having problem.

Thanks bro, will check on that, btw yesterday after switching the MAF, still the same problem, and he told me that manifold got some air leak....so ask me to change all the hose and check....i will also ask him about the gear box switch

thanks bro

What happen if change the hose and still the problem persist?

If gearbox problem light comes on, he should look at the GB module and not at the ECU module

true.... some mechs r too depend on scanner, sometime small technical issue also will cause fault code

jarance;771588 said:
What happen if change the hose and still the problem persist?

If gearbox problem light comes on, he should look at the GB module and not at the ECU module

Thanks Sifu Jarance

will also ask him to check about this (the GB Module) btw i saw him using the scanner to diagnose the problem and he told me its related of air leak problem....will update this later nx week because i'll b away outstation from tomorrow..

hai sifu jarance,

just came back from outstation, just to share yesterday test the car and i don't see any problem at all so i decided to test the car for about 100km and seems no problem….why bro…the mech only clean the MAF told me that problem with manifold hose and need to change, but not yet change… sifu just to check form you sometimes the engine stop while caught in traffic jam….so my mech told me this happen because of my manifold hose problem and its also related with my GB problem its that true….pls advice

Gear Problem

jarance;773515 said:
Engine stalling and GB problem are not related.

thanks sifu, so what could be the problem then, when he diagnose no problem with the GB.... today test the for about 200km no problem....sifu just wondering the worse senario

if there is a leak in the vacuum hose, it will sometime stall the engine.

changing the hose is not expensive but changing the MAF is expensive.

btw, what the symbol that light up? are we talking the same thing?

Capture.jpg

mike, here is the advise from owner manual.

The GB will auto reset if the fault is just a glitch in the system. (unlike E39, the GB do not auto reset)
However, the GB module will capture this error and store it. You should be able to read this error from the
GB module. If you cannot read it, somebody could have erase it when they scan the car.

Nothing to worry about because your problem with GB did not return during your last few usage.

Just check for the vacuum hoses for leak and change it. It wont cause you a bomb..

E46-GB-error.jpg

Gear Problem

Hai sifu Jarance,

thanks for the advice given, will do the hose replacement soon, really appreciate your advice bro

regards

Top Bottom