so, what is your advise bro Jarance?

Recond or Overhaul ? >.<
i totally have no idea for it

bmwkisu;549663 said:
for my case....
so, what is your advise bro Jarance?

Recond or Overhaul ? >.<
i totally have no idea for it

If it just only the aux pump that is broken, I would ask the workshop to just do the following:-

1. change aux pump.
2. check the GB for metal filling and wear and tear.
3. Change ATF filter.
4. Use new ATF.
5. Change GB mounting.
6. Drain the ATF to the heat exchanger (radiator)
7. change oil seal.
8. inspect and clean solenoid valve, pressure regulator.

My advise is depend on your budget. The above is the cheapest solution but you have to take some risk. I have taken the above based on the inspection and advise of the mechanic. Get a good mechanic whom you can trust. people always think that owner driving bmw are filty rich.

THanks for your reply bro Jarance,

noted it. this is option for me.
which means u are not suggest go for recon GB?

if i go for the option u advised,

1. change aux pump.
3. Change ATF filter.
4. Use new ATF.
5. Change GB mounting.
7. change oil seal.

may i know what is the risk?

bmwkisu;549731 said:
if i go for the option u advised,

1. change aux pump.
3. Change ATF filter.
4. Use new ATF.
5. Change GB mounting.
7. change oil seal.

may i know what is the risk?

The risk is minimal if you check the GB for metal filling and wear and tear. if there are non, then it is not necessary to overhaul the GB. When I change the aux pump, I was also worried about requiring to overhaul the GB. After nego with the mechanic, I told him to inspect the GB first and tell me the condition. If there are serious wear & tear, then overhaul it. But he found nothing wrong. Only the aux pump bushing was worn out. so just change the aux pump.

It been a year now since I last change the pump and so far so good. :listen: (cheapskate solution)

which shop u went to ;D

cause they let me feel that they just wanna earn alot $ from me.
keep asking me change all... >

The shop that I went is in Klang. Hi-tech locate off jalan Goh Hock Huat.

doubt you can come here cos you are in BM.

klang ah >< ~ aiks..
now i still waiting happy motor to quoted me total price ....

jarance;549672 said:
If it just only the aux pump that is broken, I would ask the workshop to just do the following:-

1. change aux pump.
3. Change ATF filter.
4. Use new ATF.
5. Change GB mounting.
7. change oil seal.

My advise is depend on your budget. The above is the cheapest solution but you have to take some risk. I have taken the above based on the inspection and advise of the mechanic. Get a good mechanic whom you can trust. people always think that owner driving bmw are filty rich.

salam bro jarance

is there an easy way to determine metal filling or do we have to rely solely on the mechanic's finding?

tq/mkmy

hye sifus......

Just snet my e90 to stuttguard PJ for valvetronic change.Do i did the right move send the car there?.....any comments?....
Feel free.....

mkmy;549765 said:
salam bro jarance

is there an easy way to determine metal filling or do we have to rely solely on the mechanic's finding?

tq/mkmy

usually, when you drain the ATF, you check for metal filling when it is in the container. but sure way is inspecting the internal part of the GB.

fuad4;549770 said:
You guys teruk lah :banghead:, no etiquette :musicus:, hijacked kamaldnora's posting and discussed all other problems BUT his question....:stupid:

apa jawapan dia?

kamaldnora;547359 said:
salam/hi pada semua bimmer owner.
saya ingin berkongsi tentang masalah gear box yg saya hadapi baru2 ini. saya mempunyai masalah apabila 'warning gear box display'. tetapi kereta saya masih boleh dibawa dan gear masih berfungsi dari 1-5. cuma 'jerk' yg terlau kuat ketika gear shift. saya hantar ke sebuah bengkel dan mechanic tersebut mengatakan gear box model kereta saya tidak boleh di overhaul. katanya, mungkin akan tukar sebiji gear box. wow!!
saya tidak berpuas hati dan hantar ke bengkel yg lain. apabila dihantar ke bengkel yg kedua, baru masalah saya selesai. tidak perlu overhaul gearbox saya. di sini saya "attach" gambar part yg ditukar dan kosnya sekali.

4840952940_a80fe395a9.jpg

4840952946_b5a2c5c985.jpg

mechanic tersebut memberitahu saya nama part ini ialah 'lever sensor'. tetapi apabila saya cuba mencari didalam 'oem catalogue' ianya tidak dujumpai. minta kepada sesiapa yg tahu nama/detail part ini untuk memberi keterangan yg lebih jelas.

kos repair :
a) lever sensor (tidak tahu nama sebenar) - rm960
b) labour charge & reset computer - rm250
total rm 1210

model kereta e46 318i n42 engine

It call set position switch.

BMW parts catalog

just received call from Bayern, they said the recon gear box installed, but when test drive got sound from the gearbox...
................ -.-
now waiting KL send another recon GB ... have to wait few more days ~ bored ........-.-

bmwkisu;550856 said:
just received call from Bayern, they said the recon gear box installed, but when test drive got sound from the gearbox...
................ -.-
now waiting KL send another recon GB ... have to wait few more days ~ bored ........-.-

Dont think it is recon but most probably from chop shop. If it is recon, it should be refurbish before with all good parts and tested to be OK.

Look like luck is not on your side.

Top Bottom