FuYoh...Datukship for Lee Chong Wei~~~

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

CieMen

Club Guest
http://www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/8/20/nation/20080820111636&sec=nationGEORGE TOWN: Penang will award a Datukship to badminton singles player Lee Chong Wei, 26, who won the silver medal at the Beijing Olympics.Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng said Yang di-Pertua Negri Tun Abdul Rahman Abbas would confer the Darjah Setia Pangkuan Negeri (DSPN), which carries the title Datuk, on Lee on Aug 30."The state will award the DSPN to Penang's first Olympic silver medallist, Bukit Mertajam home-grown talent Lee Chong Wei," Lim told a press conference Wednesday.He said Chong Wei had done not only Penang but also Malaysia proud with his achievement."Even though Malaysians were disappointed that he failed to win the gold medal, we are proud at his singular achievement which has brought joy to both state and country."The state government hopes that this recognition will spur him on to break more records and achieve greater success to win greater glory for both Penang and Malaysia," said Lim.He said the DSPN was instituted in 1976 and limited to 800 living persons, and is conferred on individuals of high position who have contributed unique and valuable services to the state.Chong Wei was not at the morning press conference as he is only scheduled to arrive from Kuala Lumpur in the evening while Lim has to fly off to Kuala Lumpur for his live debate later Wednesday night.Also at the press conference were state Youth and Sports, Women, Family and Community Development Committee chairman Lydia Ong Kok Fooi and Chong Wei's eldest brother Chong Hoon, who contacted the badminton player on his mobile phone and placed it on loudspeaker mode.Chong Wei said he was very happy and did not at all expect to get a Datukship for being a silver medallist."I thought that maybe, if I win the gold medal, I might be given Datukship. But no, I never expected it for the silver and was very surprised," he said.Chong Wei said he thought Chong Hoon was joking when he called him on Tuesday evening with the news."My thanks to the Penang state for fully supporting me," he added.Chong Hoon, 33, said he was proud of his brother and happy for him. P/S : he is also a proud owner of an E60 M5.... :)

He deserve it.. and so does many other people who have done a service to the country.

Good for the Penang Kia... most of the good people come from Penang...

kudos..

These days throw stone land on Datuk's head! Anyways congrats on the silver medal and the nice rides LCW (y)!

pussy;350334 said:
Good for the Penang Kia... most of the good people come from Penang...

kudos..

u BN or PKR or DAP ... ?:top: all from Penang maa ...

Har?? E60 M5 and fairladyz?? Wah....play badminton like tat can get free M5?? Or he buy with that 300k given?? If free, next time wanna send my kids to play badminton also....dunno free wat dy in the future, must be good in badminton also lar...haha

The bigger monies is in GOLF and TENNIS.

Badminton and squash prize monies not alot as compare to golf and tennis.

Hey bros, i saw the finals and i can't say i'm not disappointed with the half-court returns and power lacking smashes plus not to mention also the sad net play. i was expecting some fight. i mean, this is the finals, man! game over in 2 sets with wide margins to add. freakin' hell, the game was like a walk in the park to lin dan!

when-o-when, will malaysian badminton be taken seriously as a force to be reckon with instead of always playing second fiddle to the other super powers? and to think that our player thought he would be getting a datukship after getting the gold and was pleasantly surprise to still receive the datukship with the silver he won. something not right here, me thinks...glory before game.

just my opinion bros.

basically no fight but please consider that Lin Dan have the home ground advantage.

A champ will owes a champ no matter which ground they are playing, and thats why they only can be crowned as champs! hehe, my thoughts only (mike Phelps case).

Its a political gimmick lah, bros!

It's not that we haven't won a silver medal for badminton in the Olympics before. Why didn't the earlier medalist get their Datukship? All this is a show for the coming by-elections.

Anyway, I think LCW did made us proud to get into the finals but Lin Dan winning because of home support.... i think not! Let's just say that Lin Dan is world number one for a reason and he proved it to the rest of the world.

Agreed with DMenS about the Michael Phelps statement.

Mike Phelps won because the Chinese swimmers can't hear the CHAR YOOO inside the water whereas our poor Chong Wei was basically facing not only a very charged up Lin Dan but also a surround sound all the time....CHARR YOOO!

Hellraiser;350547 said:
Hey bros, i saw the finals and i can't say i'm not disappointed with the half-court returns and power lacking smashes plus not to mention also the sad net play. i was expecting some fight. i mean, this is the finals, man! game over in 2 sets with wide margins to add. freakin' hell, the game was like a walk in the park to lin dan!

when-o-when, will malaysian badminton be taken seriously as a force to be reckon with instead of always playing second fiddle to the other super powers? and to think that our player thought he would be getting a datukship after getting the gold and was pleasantly surprise to still receive the datukship with the silver he won. something not right here, me thinks...glory before game.

just my opinion bros.

Somebody Told Bookies here paid him 3.5Mil to loose the Game...So they can make the money to...what is 1 mil for gold, compare to 3.5mil. My friend called me and said, just 30min before the game..Watch LCW will loose 2 sets straight...Shit man

Top Bottom