Fuel flap actuator

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Riz

Club Guest
Hello all,I've a question on the fuel flap actuator. My E36 fuel flap is in the by-pass mode, it never lock even when after I've lock my car. That means anybody can come and open the fuel flap and suck my petrol if they want to..heh..he. Questions:(1) Is the fuel flap actuator can be repair(2) If it cannot be repaired have anybody change this and how much does it cost you.I've tried to search this info in the previous thread but come to no avail, maybe I didn't search this enough if there is any, can anybody put the link for me to read it.Thanks a lot guys.Regards

Do you have an alarm system? Did you check if you lock your car using keys, the actuator will lock the fuel flap?

John_Smith;664343 said:
Do you have an alarm system? Did you check if you lock your car using keys, the actuator will lock the fuel flap?

Hi John,
No, both ways either using alarm or manually using key will not lock the flap.

Looks like actuator is a gone. Sorry, can't help you up there as I haven't face this problem before.

Normally the actuator should be OK. You most probably have a broken plunger. see item 12
Actuator see item 5
Unfortunately, you cant buy the plunger by itself.

BMW parts catalog

Jarance,
Thanks for the info, will try to open the side cover and see what went wrong. If nothing can be done probably I need to get a new set of actuator then.

Top Bottom