E60 530d swirl flap problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
dzuljazz2001;523151 said:
one tell tale sign is "excessive smoke emmission from your tail pipe....

Could you really afford to wait for any simptoms to happen?

I recently took out the inlet manifold and clean up the swirl flap and inspect any pitted surface or loosen clamp. Since there is no sign then I still keep them.

Next cleaning, I think I will also remove it

All Diesel sifoo here!
Which Wokshop can do this removing swirl flaps & plug in JOB...???

SeanWoos;694822 said:
All Diesel sifoo here!
Which Wokshop can do this removing swirl flaps & plug in JOB...???

Non so far bro.

Are you having problem with it? If no problem, leave it as it is. Good sense to hv it inspected, preferably after every 3 oil change to see if its clogged with any oil sludge (build-up at the inlet manifold). Do not remove the flap unless its absolutely necassary.

dzuljazz2001;694839 said:
Non so far bro.

Are you having problem with it? If no problem, leave it as it is. Good sense to hv it inspected, preferably after every 3 oil change to see if its clogged with any oil sludge (build-up at the inlet manifold). Do not remove the flap unless its absolutely necassary.
I just ordered the blanking plate from PMW UK.... Just in case it need as i just got my ride (although my ride odo meter 66k km) when diagnose ...actual is 110k km.(the bugger used car doing magic on it)...!!

DIY. I just bought a screw and nuts plus washer for RM5 and fixed it myself. This was 1 year ago

I have remove mine and the car is running as good as ever. u also can buy purchase the blank plug from UK. As for me i just remove mine. Need to remove yours just inbox me

Rainbow;718419 said:
I have remove mine and the car is running as good as ever. u also can buy purchase the blank plug from UK. As for me i just remove mine. Need to remove yours just inbox me

Yes. I am interested. By the way, I understand that they have two sizes for the blanking plate, which size are you using and what year is your car manufactured?

r37720;717006 said:
No vibration after installation. I feel no difference

Rainbow,R37720,
After the blanking, does your car shake or hard vibrate during ignition off?

hunter;718599 said:
Rainbow,R37720,
After the blanking, does your car shake or hard vibrate during ignition off?

I believe if you can feel your shake or vibrate hard during ignition off, is mainly due to your engine mounting wear and tear thingy ...

dzuljazz2001;718609 said:
I believe if you can feel your shake or vibrate hard during ignition off, is mainly due to your engine mounting wear and tear thingy ...

That was I thought initial. I changed both of the engine and gearbox mounting but the result is still the same. I have cleaned the Manifold intake and EGR but still the same. Planning to change the oil separator later. Hope that will solve the vibrartion issue which only happen during ignition off.

The owner of bluegreen drives a 530d and he has solved the swirl flap problem without any spare parts needed, do give him a call at 0163116118- mike.

At last mine diesel engine swirl flap has been remove!! All the power & torque remain the same and one more thing that advantages is that ??? I have peace of mind..!! No more worry about swirl flap failure & costly repair !! Thanks to Blue Green Werks for his effort & experience !! Finally there are hope for our Bimmer diesel engine trouble shooter..!!

Diesel Rock..!! :top:

johnj;719956 said:
The owner of bluegreen drives a 530d and he has solved the swirl flap problem without any spare parts needed, do give him a call at 0163116118- mike.
Thanks John. Definitely will give him a call after I come back to KL.

SeanWoos;721519 said:
At last mine diesel engine swirl flap has been remove!! All the power & torque remain the same and one more thing that advantages is that ??? I have peace of mind..!! No more worry about swirl flap failure & costly repair !! Thanks to Blue Green Werks for his effort & experience !! Finally there are hope for our Bimmer diesel engine trouble shooter..!!

Diesel Rock..!! :top:
Awesom. What changes have he done and how much does it cost you?

hunter;718664 said:
That was I thought initial. I changed both of the engine and gearbox mounting but the result is still the same. I have cleaned the Manifold intake and EGR but still the same. Planning to change the oil separator later. Hope that will solve the vibrartion issue which only happen during ignition off.
I have changed the oil separator but still the same. Dunno what else to change to solve this issue.

hi guys,
Just want to confirm, do you I need the blanking plate if I were to remove the swirl flap? Are there any other parts involved?

I am in the interest to own a 530d soon and I hope this nice car wont give such problem. I have no idea about car what can I say about BMW.

Top Bottom