Fuel filter

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

mafia1118

Club Guest
hai sifus..Mine is E36 318i auto 1997 M43. How many fuel filter that my car has? Since I bought it early this year never change it. and already ask the ex-owner.. he said he already changed the right side only left side not yet been change,,, is it my car has two fuel filter right & left side? how much it cost for the right and the left?coz sometime my car susah nak start e engine. thanks in advance.

Mafia, can't help u since I don't know much regarding E-36. Just curious, why don't u just ask a mechanic?

you have 1 fuel filter.

if susah nak start kereta.. it is not fuel filter. It might be your fuel pump.

go check with your mech.

something to share from my experience on diff to start.

i found my E36 have difficulty to start last month & sometime i failed to get it started & i hv to wait for few min & try mu luck for few times.

planning to get it solve by early of tis month since i seldom driving it but before i manage to do so,it gave up....so i hv to fetch my mech to my house & troubleshoot the prob.he found the fuel pump malfunction but still manage to start my car by take out the fuel hose & start for few times until there is fuel pump out.

changed the fuel pump & it cost me RM350 include labour charge & the visit to my house.

hope tis could help.

well i've change my fuel filter on E36 M43 last mth. It cost not more than rm100.. (if im not mistaken). Fuel filter got only 1. If you got chances go underneath of the car the fuel filter should on the left side of the car with a cover.

Car hard to start maybe the crank or fuel pump... issue.

Thanks for all the information. I should go to my mech. to check the fuel pump & fuel filter...

When do you need to replace your fuel filter? Once a year? Once every 2 years?

You can also use Perdana or Wira 1.8 fuel filter ..only diff is they are make of plastic and cost only RM19 ... Cheap cheap

Cant start problem can caused by faulty battery or spark plugs

Crymson;291381 said:
When do you need to replace your fuel filter? Once a year? Once every 2 years?

Recommended change interval is 10k miles, 16k KM or once a year

Thanks Sesat. Mine was changed 2 years ago, seem to work fine and my regular mech said don't need to change.

Top Bottom