From A : AM I BEING PLAYED????

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe strongly that we are more than a car club. Some of us may not realised it, but we are a community that shares a passion for BMW cars. And now with a forumer in distress, I believe this issue is relevant to everyone in this community. If we are strictly a car club, why do we have drives and charity events??

Let's not get violent with name calling and such but if anyone has constructive inputs, lets put it down here and hopefully A and B can find some use for it and be able to resolve this amicably.

Ding, can you tell how much A offered to off load his car to B?? I believe given the prohibitive repair cost involved, it would be more feasible for B to buy it over. Perhaps A can offer a 20-30 % goodwill discount in order to make it easier for the both A and B to find some common ground. If A was asking 7k for his E30 Type-R, then perhaps a selling price of 5k is about right. If B refuses, then B should repair the vehicle to the condition before the accident happened, nothing more nothing less. If both these options are explored and yet no resolution from it, then only as a last resort should A seek legal action.

I also think its not fair to blame the extensive damage that occured on the basis that the car was rusted. Has anyone run over a kerb in a perfect condition E30M20 that is almost B's age without suffering any damages to the chassis, lower arm, exhaust, rims, struts and etc??

Let's all take this in good faith and act in a gentlemanly manner, not jantan man!! Afterall, try to put yourself in A's position, someone whom is trying hard to put bread and butter on the dining table and travels daily in what appears to be his only transportation. If he could afford to repair it, I believe he would...who would want to put himself and his family in an unsafe vehicle!?!

Nothing personal against B or BB and I would say the same even if B and BB are my drinking buddies.
Cheers!

A 3rd party will solve this...go get legal advise dude!

In meantime, why don't we help this A by chipping in some $$ to get his ride roadworthy? Safety 1st, right? I don't wish to see someone involve in an accident due to this factor!

So, can the Committee set up a temporary "A Yayasan"??

hi DC, sory to hear about your friend's predicament

from a biker's understanding.....

you can have a go on my bike but if you crash it, you buy!

a true 'gentleman' will honour when a mishap like this happens....

DingChavez said:
Damn, I did not know that. So know I can just walk into a crystal shop and "accidently" break a masterpiece and I walk walk away scott free? As you said I have not signed a release form.

And A took possesion of the car because he has got to go to work, pick up the wifey and generally continue life. If A refused to take the car from the workshop, A would die of hunger, A's wife would have left him and who knows what will happen to the kid.

It'd different if you have 2 cars, it's different if you have 1 car.

Oh furthermore, I posted this up in general discussion. And I quote
"General discussions under the sun.
WARNING: No public-unfriendly or sensitive discussions or get shot"

Got it?

Ding

No need to reply to these jokers. Talk without consience or decency! Let me check with my lawyer. I hate it when people take advantage of others especially someone whom is trying hard to provide for their family.

Basically no need to sign anything. If a willing driver test your car & smash it, he is also liable. Me not lawyer but i thk we can sue the fella. Let me see if can get free legal advise but not on the forum.

U Break It U Pay For It...simple Equation.
The Prick Broke Your Car - He Has To Pay For It.
As A Potential Buyer He Would Have Inspected Your Car For Rust Etc Prior To Driving It And Is Well Aware Of What He Was Getting Into. If Indeed Your Car Is As Bad As It Has Been Made Out To Be, Why Bother To Test Drive In The First Place. The Fact That He Did Drive It Meant There Was Some Interest Or He Was Merely Out For A Joyride.
Either Way, The Person Certainly Did Not Have Any Respect For The Current Car Owner To Do What He Did.

Go With Alvin's Advice - Buat Polis Report And Saman Je. Dont Forget There Is Also The Small Claims Court.
Its Not The Money But The Principle.
Which Is Why I'm Extremely Careful Of Who I Let Behind The Wheel Of My Cars.
At Least You Get Some Satisfaction Out Of Making The Other Party's Life Miserable.

If You Really Want To Be No--holds Barred Nasty, Just Publish The Names Of A B C D E F G Here And Embarass Them Like Hell Within The Club. In The Meantime, A B C D E F G Can Even Join In To Publish Their Side Of The Story...if This Story Is Inaccurate, You Can Always Defend Yourselves.

Sorry Guys But I Got No Pity For People Who Take Advantage Of Others Like This.

The Car Might Be A Rust Bucket As Some Have Described But It Is Nevertheless Someone's Rustbucket And To Him It Means A Lot.

Just My Thoughts.

hitman said:
The Car Might Be A Rust Bucket As Some Have Described But It Is Nevertheless Someone's Rustbucket And To Him It Means A Lot.

Just My Thoughts.

Yes.. he loves his car.

tongsatriani said:
A 3rd party will solve this...go get legal advise dude!

In meantime, why don't we help this A by chipping in some $$ to get his ride roadworthy? Safety 1st, right? I don't wish to see someone involve in an accident due to this factor!

So, can the Committee set up a temporary "A Yayasan"??
Sorry Tong Tong and "Mr.A",:D

Even if you repair the car with super galvanised and Super Glasurit Paint. Still not road worthy.:eek:

cos I handles all my vehicles yearly inspection by JPJ and Puspakom.Me and a few of my FRIENDS always talk abt the issues of DOs & DON'Ts of repairs before any vehicles being sent for inspection. Believe me...!!!! Mr.A Rust Bucket won't be able to pass the inspection due to welding on the chasis rail( Under carriege)

:( It will be impound due to not road worthiness.

to the thread starter,

please list the name and nick of the A, B, C, D, E..... so we are aware of these people ...

btw, i am selling my car now as well... i really like to know who are these people...

Thanks.

flash said:
Guess all of what is to be said has been said already.

Oh, I can remember a time I was in a car with zog when he tested someone's ABS, I almost puked.:eek: Would I let him test drive my car? Hmmmm.....:cool:

Well at least I shown you and the guys how to apply the ABS.Not by drifting it!!!!! btw,Happy New Year ,C1P3k!!!:D

Ding

I check with my lawyers, there is a case. A passed his property (the car) in goodwill, threfore any damages shall be bourne by B if he cause d damage. Please file a police report first. Then u can either sue him or do it in d small claims court or otherwise.
No excuse for what is shown by B and all his people.

Please disclose the people involved. This is so that other members will not suffer the same fate by these fellas.

Like Hitman said, no need to show compasion.

This thread should not be closed. sometimes ppl like A are just too nice for thier own good. he/she will not even point out the culprit after being played/taken for a ride. I guess some folks are just being amicable and believes in sorting things out in a civil and gentlemen manner. Unfortunately, there are many other folks and forumners alike who will not hesitate to exploit the goodwill extended by others. As a community of BMW owners, I believe the club need to provide an avenue for ppl like A to air his predicament. Especially when the club becomes official and start to collect subscriptions. In such situation members will be able to help other members to resolve some of these problems that may cropped up from time to time. I am not saying the club should take responsibilites for personal affairs transacted between members, but it should allow for members to resolve their problems in the forum and this may also act as a to filter out the bad hats within it's membership. This serves as a form of collective social justice. I know of many forumners got conned by fellow forumners but did not manage to get any respite from the forum. In fact, I was such a victim from my first purchase from a fellow forumer, and the preperator is still happily selling his wares in the forum as of today.

In the case of A and B, the case is really clear cut. We are not talking about A letting B drive his car for joyride, but with the intention of evaluating it for the purpose of a sale. IMO regardless of the B version of the story, B is obligated to pay for the repair of A's car to close to it's original condition (before the crash) and to the satisfaction of A. Else A should find legal recourse to recoup his losses.

Ding,

From A : AM I BEING PLAYED????

Yes, A is being played. Let Alvin's lawyers handle this case. No point chit chatting in the forum. Action speaks louder than words.

My 2 cents.

I'm just curious. DVST8 joined the forum in Nov, 2005. And only has 8 postings for the whole year. Very vocal aren't you.

I think Bundy's rationale is workable instead of going through the hassle of legal process i think B should just buy the car from A since that was B's intention in the first place.

This seems like a personal matter that should be resolved btwn the two parties offline.

Ding, sorry for your unpleasant experience. I'm sure an amicable solution can be achieved. Perhaps you should reveal the names of all involved. It would put things in better perspective.

Can u pls reveal all the parties involved in this dispute?or at least pm me .........
I need closure in this "ever so hot" thread.

With due respect to all, I do hope both side can find a common ground to settle the issue. To A, we can advise you based on your story but end of the day, A has to make the final decision on the settling the issue with B.

We do hope that both sides get a fair deal to settle the issue.

As for the rest, let's be reminded that we shud drive safely. There's a time and place for some thrills ie track days, autocross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom