ESS TS1 Supercharger

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
momojojo;261359 said:
supergrippen,

i can vouch for the ESS kit after having experience and sat in one of our forumers 528i with the ESS kit complete with bigger injectors and full ESS programing about a week back, its a perfect setup, No CEL, No lean issues, idles like normal, just perfect.

i always have doubts about getting software from abroad of which i personally had a bad experience with TMS and dinan on my e36 328, eg, idle issues, low spots and performance overall. and forget about getting a piggyback to do the work, our local tuners here sucks bigtime and they know nuts about tuning continentals. But having sat in this ESS kitted car, i am just sold...the car is a perfect gem, runs like a stock car from factory at startup to about 1500rpm and with the mash of the pedal or a downshift of gears turns the cars into a bullet train, the torque just kept propelling the car all the way til 235kmh and that was only til 4th gear at 4kplus rpm, more to go but had to slow down for a turn off to our exit. the road was also a short one, from the desa hartamas overhead bridge til the jalan damansara turnoff, so you can imagine the performance..oh did i mention this is also a automatic 5er.

anyway if you are interested in getting the ESS kit for your car, i think you can contact him as he is getting a ESS dealership account with them, i think he can even install the system for you which he did on his own car. he is kinda anal to the tiniest details even to the extend of ceramic coating the aluminum colour parts to satin black just to make the whole engine bay looks like its as it is from the bmw factory. so i think you will be in safe hands... you may pm me for his contact, nice guy, not a mech but very technically inclined.

thanx mojo.. i'll do that.its good news indeed if ESS is getting a rep here.

can u pm me the contact number? thanx.

and yeah,local tuners kinda sucks,only one possibly two that i personally trust.even my STi was tuned by EDGE from singapore.

whom is the local rep for ESS here in MY? So far has anyone here done any install? just wonder how long the stock auto tranny can take the extra torque.

Replay;263853 said:
whom is the local rep for ESS here in MY? So far has anyone here done any install? just wonder how long the stock auto tranny can take the extra torque.

interesting question indeed.. i'd like to know too.trouble is,its kinda difficult to get any infos on actual experiences by those who has taken the plunge,what more here in MY.i've posted a few basic questions regarding simple stuffs here and after 3weeks,i have yet to get a response.

ESS do limit their kits to 8psi for steptronic cars though.i hope the r&d that ESS has done covers this angle.

Does anyone know if there is an ESS supercharger kit for a 1997 E39 520i CKD? There is a 520i 2.0 liter kit listed on their site but it says for 1999-2000 models, not sure what the difference is as the specs seem to indicate its for the 2.0 liter engine, not the 2.2 liter 520i.

I think the issue here is..if there is any competent installer whom can install and help us to maintain and troubleshoot if any problems crops up after using it....

Top Bottom