Esham E39/1999

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
esham;341291 said:
Sorry guys almost 4 month ++ i didn't even surf to this website. Afew incident happen + so busy and struggle to allocate time to surf net at the office and at home.

- house been break in, afew favorite stuff stolen
- camera damage
- outstation a few time in the week

And now start to bought back a few missing stuff- laptop, camera repaired, etc. And only starting last week my car start to show "scary" indicator. the ASC and ABS light on!!! ( From the manual the ECU malfunction? ) Tommorrow appointment with Auto Bavaria Ipoh for diagnose...Another money i guess....!
:22:.....feels like crying la bro...

esham.....be patient bro...

shu......u had a splendid time with the shy2 cat pomen???? hehehe

initial M.....aiiiaayyya..... kepak session next week.....new stock....nyum2....

esham;341453 said:
Thanks guys... This morning send the car to Autobavaria to diagnose. Hopefully it just the sensor. They did mention there was before the problem from the brake controller..Sure or not this guys..!!

Attach the photo of it. When this happen my Speedometer not functioning and my brake was cut off with no ABS and just operate as normal brake.
ascandabslighton.jpg

Thanks Again.. OK, some update on the ASC/ABS light “on” and when it “on” my speedometer will not function. The light on/off intermittent. Checked other forums and it happen to afew Bimmer before. From the feedback some said base on their experience are faulty sensors ( pulse wheel speed sensor, ABS sensors), some said ASC/ABS relay faulty ( I'm not sure where this thing located), the worst part is ECU.

In my case, there was abit long story regarding this.
Saturday send the car at 10 am to Autobavaria Ipoh and it ready 4:30pm. They said there was a faulty signal from rear left wheel sensor. They found out the a socket is loose and no good connecting. They cleaned it up and connect it back. Diagnose again and reset. - RM192

I took the car and the light was off, drive it home. But just about to reverse to garage the light "on" back again. How frusteted !! Arrggh! Drove it back to AutoBavaria and show it to them but because of they off at 5:00pm i make another schedule on next Saturday.
Call up Shu/328 Banana Split and got to know Taiping Workshop can check for me. Drove 10pm night to the workshop knock! Knock! the workshop. He check and same thing the rear wheel sensor faulty. Checked again found out the sensor was not tighted by AutoBavaria ( Or may be the screw loosen) OK this time i change the whole sensor to new one!. Tested ok. Pay RM500.

The light goes off. Drove back to Ipoh ..Damn!! just about to reach Changkat Jering Tol the light when “on” back again!! Ahgghh!! Feel bad, drove back to Ipoh and reach home at 2:00 am in the morning with unsolved problem. OK get ready to the worst – suspected the control unit faulty.
Next morning Sunday. When to Taiping workshop again with shu and another rc friend the pomen told me he got second hand unit ECU. OK change it ! Cost me 1K. And I change back the new sensor that I changed that night back to my old sensor. The problem solved till now!! :eek:

So the cause my problem is the worst one - ECU faulty!!.

ouuuuuchh ....i feel for you , bro .
if its make you feel better , the ECU price sounds reasonable
- had change mine before ; 1k also & mine is E36 !
btw , do join us for tt tomorrow night . Nashmir @ Tesco , 10 pm & above .
godspeed , ves , myself , etc will be there .

megatniza;344641 said:
ouuuuuchh ....i feel for you , bro .
if its make you feel better , the ECU price sounds reasonable
- had change mine before ; 1k also & mine is E36 !
btw , do join us for tt tomorrow night . Nashmir @ Tesco , 10 pm & above .
godspeed , ves , myself , etc will be there .

bro esham...it takes sheer gutso and determination not to have abs brake...my all to u bro :top:

the game is on bro megatniza...bring it on :)

Some photo update regarding the ECU

That Night check with the sensor scanner, shown left rear Wheel sensor faulty

ts01.jpg

That morning Dismantle the faulty ECU
ts02.jpg

ts03.jpg

After replace with the 2nd ECU
ts04.jpg

At the same time that morning change the front brake disc from ori disc to Bremsen ( with groove) brake disc as Shu Banana Split. :31:
ts05.jpg
to
ts06.jpg

They are ATE Power Disc(Germany)......Bro Esham, the good thing is U still allowed to contra with the New Wheel Sensor,.....how gentle is the wshop taukey:rock::rock::rock:can force the taukey to serve us in the midle of the night, Sunday as well.....some more the wshop is fully equipped with the latest gadgets, big spaces......Astro, massage(OMRON) in their waiting room, car wash:cool::cool::cool:

Esham, tomorrow kita lepak kat Silibin nak........aku ajak group BMW Manjung skali:rolleyes:

Esham! when are u goin' to fix this to ur car?......messy my space:alberteinstein: make sure u collect it from me tonite!:top:
DSC01379.jpg

shu;347949 said:
Esham! when are u goin' to fix this to ur car?......messy my space:alberteinstein: make sure u collect it from me tonite!:top:
DSC01379.jpg

:top: Thankslah Bro. Collected and fixed already on Saturday ( Next day ) 2 BMW alignment eyes from KK and Manjung help me to re-align the exhaust. But after the welding fellow welded the support the exhaust went up back againlah... Probably i need to re align one more time at that shop. Such an hurry... Now hearing the "bee" sound instead of the "bird whistle" lah bro.... Feel like now can beat your 328, 0-100km laaah :rolleyes:

Radio change to RDS local radio

Change the Radio Japanese Spec Unit to RDS Malaysia Unit. Now can listen to varies radio station. Bought it RM700 second hand. But a sack back was the Bass and Treble can't function. It kinda hurt! Probably need to change one more time :p

Change the throttle cable , front windscreen rubber ( The old one were cracked due to weather) and check the sensors signal found Airbag signal not function.:eek: Change the signal ECU but still with the same result. Suspect due to sensor cable. Waiting for sparepart to arrived.

Wow..such long time didn't login into this thread....

28/12/2008 - :17: Meet an accident at km 414 North South Highway inbetween
Bkt Beruntung to Bkt Tagar... It was raining, and water flow from right to left...
My car float and scate to the left almost hit slower car at far left. Applied brake and the
car start to spin. The car spin 2 rounds and hit the middle divider. The car stop at opposite
direction on fast lane.
Quickly out from the car and went for safety...Phew..!!!

Gee, hope everything's well. Your ride ok? Your ride probably aquaplanned when you jammed the brakes.....under such circumstances, should always pump a few times...do not jam the brakes. Did the ABS function?

Daredevil;401789 said:
Gee, hope everything's well. Your ride ok? Your ride probably aquaplanned when you jammed the brakes.....under such circumstances, should always pump a few times...do not jam the brakes. Did the ABS function?

Yes it function but it was split second to avoid the slower car on my left otherwise i will ramp at them...
Left rear badly damage...Ouch!!! My AC Ori Exchaust ..damage..!! Ouch!!...

Top Bottom