erratic engine idle

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

JONNIEZ

Club Guest
a question to all da sifus out there :Dm drivin e30 m40b18.the engine idle kadang kadang becomes erratic .... n sometimes the engine die :cry: .. ive changed the spark plug, distributor cap, rotor arm n service the afm but stil the defect persist. the defect tu macam biskut chips more now u see now u dont. so anyone can please gip me some advise on how to solve this problem :unsure: but lately my engine selalu mati.do i need to change my afm or change engine like bro fab's engine? :D

Have you tried to service u're idle control valve and throttle valve?? Sometime got lots of oil acummulated at the throttle valve.

best bet is to ask the m40/m42 sifus kevster,fabianyee,they will tell u wht to do...
rgds,
-brad-

Check your AFC flapper...erratic idling might even caused by sluggish flapper movement....Flow response towards engine load....it will eventually cause flame off during idle as you move and stop at traffic light....if the flapper is eventually sluggish it wud mean very...yea...very very lean mixture of fuel and air....having more air at idle.....and engine will go through erratic idling before eventually stopping.

Top Bottom