Engine Low Pressure - Stop Carefully!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
How can we prevent such situation ? As normal we flush and applies good grade oil during our servicing however we would not go to the extend to open up the engine for inspection.

This case is a good learning curve for all of us.

kby88;804428 said:
I just done my top overhaul. But mine is e46 with N42 engine.
Cost me RM2018.00. Took about 1 week to complete.
Head removed, cleaned, pressure tested. After done top overhaul :top:

thanks kby88! I will know mine by tomorrow. Mechanic said the camhead shaft (round pully) alone cost RM1500 each in my case and there are 2 of them.. feeling the first bite of my UDM!

sansib;804501 said:
thanks kby88! I will know mine by tomorrow. Mechanic said the camhead shaft (round pully) alone cost RM1500 each in my case and there are 2 of them.. feeling the first bite of my UDM!
apart from that, i believe urs is the magnesium engine rite? all bolts/screw also need to be replaced =(

ICEMAN 68;804209 said:
sansib ...did you change the oil pump OR fuel pump ? as you wrote " oil pump wasn't pumping enough fuel " ..typo error ka ?

if the mechanic whom had carried out the oil pump change will surely notice the gunk build up and should had advise you accordingly ...atleast you would had done several engine oil flushes to clear the rest of the gunk that was built up ...

it was the fuel pump..he..he.. I guess that's nothing to do with the gunk! haiyoo..

Was told that I need to replace the camshaft gear. There are 2 pieces of them. Anyone knows how much for one of this? Where can I check so that I know the mechanic is not overcharge me?

sansib;804676 said:
Was told that I need to replace the camshaft gear. There are 2 pieces of them. Anyone knows how much for one of this? Where can I check so that I know the mechanic is not overcharge me?

Call a parts supplier such as Bavarian Auto for a quote.

ICEMAN 68;804180 said:
pls ensure your engine oil pump is cleaned OR better still replace a new one ...as the gunk would still be around ...you need to open up your bottom oil pan to get the view of the oil pump ..

i wonder if this problem could be due to an weekening / clogged oil pump ..as when your engine oil change intervals are not done in the proper time frame ..the gunk will start building up at the oil pump strainer hence not enough oil to lube up the cams etc etc

Hi ICEMAN 68, to change the oil pump can it be done from below the engine or they have to dismantle whole engine down?

Top Bottom