Engine lost power

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

shah7710

Club Guest
guys, im drivg m50tub25...so far so good, it just of late i feel like the car is heavy..the engine seems to be slower to response particularly when rpm below 3k...pick up a bit slow..sometimes, i did reset the ecu by pressing the pedal to the floor for 30sec, however, that seems to be temporary..after a while, the car still didnt perform as it used to be...is it becoz of vanos? (last replaced in 2009)..no leaking in piping.. puzzle la...p/s: i dont know whether is it my drvng skill getting worse or i need to upgrade the engine..:biggrin:

hai bro......kekadang gearbox yg berat....due the oil da overheat....i experience this....my car become so heavy.....lost power gila2.....thots the engine....than my mech check n bgtau my gearbox minyak suda byk pekat....do the flushing n change the oil n averything....the the car back to normal....fuhh lega....

but bro, ive changed the gearbox and all those oil less than 10mths ago...mileage from the time gearbox was changed until now is less than 6k km

try to plonk in a bottle of injector cleaner and see if there is any difference in your engine respond ...

Nothing's wrong with the car... since these few days the weather been hot and dry, the bmw's suffer a bit on power... my car too is feeling a bit down...

the 525i e34's suffer like this in this weather...

check O2 sensors....
wat am i talking abt.....
change O2 sensors, since they cant be checked.
i hv 2 spares.
can contact me if needed.

Check the below:
1. O2 sensor (if your car is equipped with one. My E34 525i 24V got none)
2. Exhaust system (might get stuck if the internals collapsed.
3. Check gearbox.

THis is the pic of how a collapsed back box look like.
c4f88cd3.jpg

7fe96092.jpg

thank you for the feedback guys...temporary solution: replace the MAF...result: engine seems responsive and i like it! the question is: is it necessary to replace MAF? i tot MAF can be cleansed?

p/s: y temporary? bcoz my mech allows me to test the MAF first..if ok, then pay lor..if not, he will put back the old MAF..

sachseelan;705441 said:
u mention heavy, try changing the Oil Separater / Ventilation Valve.

bro, i think his car is a 325 M50B25TU, not a 328...

pussy;705791 said:
sorry, my bad...

no prob bro pussy...btw, after testing the car, ive decided to use back the old MAF as i notice the "feel good factor" dissappear after a while..since it's about time to service the car, some preventive maintenance such as pouring on injector cleaner will be done..tq all

Top Bottom