E93 ABS Pump/ ABS control unit problem

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Highly recommended K&S for d ABS issue. . . . I solved my Mini Cooper ABS problem there with a very very reasonable charges. . . The mech Ah Soon is a very friendly guy and he will check and detect d problem 1st before jump to conclusion. . . . Thumb up for the service there. . .

kevcrave;735160 said:
Sigh!! My 2007 E93 ABS light just comes on. The DTC, ABS lights in yellow are all on!! Total 4 of them!! Sent the car to check today, the mechanic said need RM15000 for the new part and RM3800 for a used 1. WT???????!!!! Such a huge amount to fix for a 2007 car. Then when i browse through only i knew it was a common problem for the E9x BMW!! Im so frustrated now:motz:. Anyone help??

Hi Kevcrave, my car is a 2007 unit and I got this problem too. I claimed for goodwill and I paid all in rm6k+ at Ingress Auto. I did went to a few other workshops, quoted from 6k onwards to about 12k (new and old units). Since BMW subsidised, why not. They said its the electronic board.

enJINer;738664 said:
thanks bro..i'm thinking to do as what suggested by bro FIRZ67... i've lost my trust to AB technician... this is my 3rd times experiencing the same problem... i cannot understand why they cannot detect the problem when i sent my car for 60k service 2 weeks back. normally from my understanding, all electronic components must have an indicator when it is going to fail. Is this what AB says so called 72 check point? Are they doing it every time we send for servicing or just a bullsh*t thing to attract people.

anyway, will go there ASAP.

enJINer, I had another problem that I claimed during the 2 yrs warranty period. However the issue was not solved during the 2 yrs period and continued on after warranty period. Being fed-up, I pressed for explanation and BMW replaced for free. Hence, I encouraged you to talk to BMW and tell him, the same problem occurred so many times. and if you dont like AB Glen, bring to others lor. Try the new dealership. I'm sure they will do a good job to score some points.

hi guys,

Having similar prob here with my DSC....mine is a recond 2007 got it end of last year. Any suggestion what is the real prob with the DSC? How to check if its the real pump faulty or the ECU unit? Can i get by opal insurance now and claimed it later on?.....running out of solution as it is crazy to fork out 11k....:-(

DrD;766767 said:
hi guys,

Having similar prob here with my DSC....mine is a recond 2007 got it end of last year. Any suggestion what is the real prob with the DSC? How to check if its the real pump faulty or the ECU unit? Can i get by opal insurance now and claimed it later on?.....running out of solution as it is crazy to fork out 11k....:-(

Bro, send to K&S in USJ, highly recommended! I got mine fixed for 2k with 6 months warranty. Thanks again all the bros here for the info!! Now I got more confident to owned BMW b4 my wallet koyak :rock:

DrD;766767 said:
hi guys,

Bro go to K&S in USJ. We all did. 2k all in. Settled

Hi beemers,
Got my DSC Pump fixed by K&S auto by ah soon( friendly and down to earth gentlemen). So far so good.
Thanks again guys for helping out.

Cheers!!

DrD;770169 said:
Hi beemers,
Got my DSC Pump fixed by K&S auto by ah soon( friendly and down to earth gentlemen). So far so good.
Thanks again guys for helping out.

Cheers!!

Can share a bit more? Cost? Fault components? Repair method? Cause? How frequent is your brake fluid change and change where?

Overall cost for a 6 hour job was rm 2k. He took out the dsc pump and dismantle it. He claimed there were leaks and air trapping within the pump. Unsure how it happen but claimed very normal with this E9x generation. Check it out in other overseas forum and the similar problem noted but they change a new Dsc pump which cost around rm 11 k. So far this guy in K&S auto have done more than 5 cars and all working well. He gives a further 8 months warranty.

There's an interesting write up here: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=600491
From the above, your will notice the dealer charges US$530 for the DSC Hydro unit and the car owner got it US$430.. that's only how much Ringgit? .. that's for both the module and the hydro unit. The car owner didn't fix in the module because require programming and even if send to workshop to do programming, how much can our workshop charge? Why RM11~12k as quoted by some?! :13:

After reading the above, then read this.. :4: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...th-Teves-Mk60-ABSESP-systems-Honest-John.html

Teves Mk60E/5 by Continental: http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/s/view.pl?1/10/47/37

Hope everyone will find these useful:

K&S AUTO WORKSHOP
NO22, JALAN USJ 1/6, SUBANG JAYA, 47620
03 80118013
MR.SOON 016 203 0665

PROAUTO SALES & SERVICES SDN BHD
NO10 & 12, JALAN 51A/227C, 46100, PJ
03 79688008

PROAUTO (GLENMARIE) SDN BHD
NO9, JALAN U1/49, GLENMARIE TEMASYA, 40150 SHAH ALAM
03 55670314
EN.FARHAN 012 4409844

PROMINENT AUTO TECH SDN BHD
8E, JALAN TEKNOLOGI, PUSAT TEKNOLOGI SUNSURIA, KOTA DAMANSARA, 47810, PJ
MR.TAN 012 2349710

All above workshops are with Opal, all are very worthy workshop Sifus!

N0tti,

A couple of issues on your above post.

Firstly, this thread is about e92 ABS pump / ABS control unit problem and wonder why you posted the names of the workshop? Are you recommending these workshops for repair of ABS pump / control unit? If so, had you had any experiences sending your car to these workshops since you mentioned that they are very worthy? Lastly in your registration profile, you have listed your home page as : http://www.opalautomart.com.my. Are you from Opal promoting the above workshops? Please clarify.

Thank you

I just got my 2007 z4 dsc pump fixed by ah soon. Since I bought the car from used guy and it already had the dsc error, I told them if it came back up again to fix it. The dealer was nice enough to give me insurance warranty. True enough after a few days picking it up the dsc light came back on. Took it to k n s because of the forum and ah soon confirmed it was the dsc. he charged me rm3k first to get the work done but claiming it from warranty. So far so good with another one year warranty, but has anyone noticed his frankenstein rearrangement of the dsc pump, and also replacing the hoses with steel braided ones?

So far Ah soon never reveal to anyone the way they did the DSC pump, but it works.

That would be worrying..lol
But im curious why he arranged it such a way, but the braided hoses and funny angle got me thinking he probably found away to ensure that the pump working always compared to the old position.

So you guys see anything different from your stock DSC pump and modified ones?

whiteknight88;779152 said:
Maybe he bypass sensors onlY? :p

To drivers that got his abs fixed at K&S, may i know if the problem re-occur till now?

I dont see any comment about it but mine had be troublesome within the first year till now.

Top Bottom