E92 M3 vs GTR

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ryou

Club Guest
Discuss... lets assume you win lotto and you have a choice of these 2 cars.both are now around the same price at dealers, roughly 330k-380k can find nice examples of bothConti vs JapzillaNA vs TurboRWD vs AWDI think its a very hard choice lor....one is cool sleeper car, can park anywhere most ppl wont take a second glance, the other is in your face, jap godzilla. Running costs between the two should be similar, but the image you project is so diffrent depending on which car u have in your garageOutright power, the GTR wins...but lest face it, in kl/pj, how often u gonna use a GTR's full potentialConditions - its your only car, so has to be a daily driver.actually thats why the choice is between GTR and M3, both have 4 usable seats and nice boot.

It was in my shortlist when i was choosing which car to buy along with a 997 carrera and an audi s5. Decided on the M3 cause i am such a bmw fanboy. The GTR is the king of the road but like you say it's in your face. My friend have an analogy for it, the M3 is like the girlfriend you can bring her anywhere but maybe boring in bed... The GTR is like a prostitute you will have the best night of your life but you will be embarrassed to bring her anywhere! hahahahaha :)

GTR is also a maintenance queen as it requires constant fluid changes and parts not that cheap. Don't think they are in the same price range compared year to year though i might be wrong cause i have not checked recently. On the road GTR spanks the m3 like a small kid in all aspect... accelaration, handling. Also the m3 is non turbo so it's best power band is in the higher rev range so in an impromptu street drag race the n/a m3 will always lose out... cause of this many assume the m3 is slow, maybe it is. I feel the e9xm3 will always be in the no mans land of performance cars... higher than the boy racers, the GTI's,Type R's, Evo's etc but much lower than the supercars the Porsches, Lambos, ferrari's. I love my m3 no regrets...

thks for your thoughts bro..i agree with the no mans land analogy...M3 is like in the middle of everything

If I can afford maintenance of GTR35 that would be my choice becoz its the level of supercar. RM4k to 5k for servicing every 5k km, special tyre for GTR only bla bla bla its killing. E92 M3 is a sports car which not the same level with supercar. BMW always the best all rounder which is more refine and flexible. Too bad I cant afford it.

Mr Samdol,

U owe me a ride la hehehe

A gtr is built from scratch for one purpose: to race.

M3 is a souped up executive car.

Can i assume that?

To describe the M3 as middle of everything and no mans land.. sound abit harsh even if coming from Jeremy Clarkson.. if i may add, not being great at outright performance but very good at everything means its an excellent multipurpose car :rock:

Applying the cheeky analogy mentioned by bro MRsamdol, the M3 is the classy babe man want to hav as he travel the land.. no man's land is where you don't want to be caught with the prostitute.. :4::4:

I would choose GTR if this isnt my first and daily drive car . If you already have a car you use daily , eg,5 series . Why not a GTR as your fun car ? Not saying that M3 is not fun . But GTR falls in the Supercar category . I'm sure if u could afford to buy a gtr , maintain this beast is no longer a problem

Ryou.. I had this m3 or gtr discussion earlier this year and finally settled on godzilla..
If its gonna be your daily car for kl/pj traffic then I would say the m3 is better suited BUT I have driven the gtr in dsara-klccpeak hour traffic and it does the job just as well.. The rear seats are better suited for kids though..
gtr running cost are grossly overrated especially if you're just using it as a daily car and not on SIC everyday..

Imho I prefer having my oil burner as my daily car coz sometimes I just feel like driving 80kmh on duke/penchala link and it doesn't attract attention like the gtr so i don't need to bother having myvi/vios/gti 2 inches behind my ass

nice to have both GTR and M3 owners posting, thks guys keep it up. like lude said...the M3 probably attracts far less attention from boy racers then the GTR, but man does it look good. 1 issue with the M3 is its too similar to my 335, spend so much money..but basicly get the same interior and more or less same exterior

I showed one of my girl-friend in the office both these cars exterior and interior and asked to choose, her answer was GTR. Then I shared Mr.Samdol's cheeky analogy and she went like...ok now maybe its the M3..muahahaha

Ryou;767832 said:
nice to have both GTR and M3 owners posting, thks guys keep it up. like lude said...the M3 probably attracts far less attention from boy racers then the GTR, but man does it look good. 1 issue with the M3 is its too similar to my 335, spend so much money..but basicly get the same interior and more or less same exterior

It will look the same but NOT feel the same. Keep your 335 for daily drive and buy GTR35 for fun if u can afford

man... i got thought a lesson by a GTR yesterday... sigh** wasn't even remotely close! hahaha oh well... :)

what a pretty lady...

564668_10151220675748338_2075809584_n.jpg

Some like apples ... some like oranges. I love seeing the performance of the GTR, its amazing but I would love an e90 M3 ... heheheheee

MRsamdol;768021 said:
man... i got thought a lesson by a GTR yesterday... sigh** wasn't even remotely close! hahaha oh well... :)

Bro, its a different animal and there is no mistake why its called GOJIRA....

Drove a friend's GTR on Sepang during the Time To Attack event. Car is about 600hp with modded downpipe and and ECU remapped, everything else was stock. It practically eats everything else on the track, overtaking other cars is a mundane affair with the power and grip that is simply astonishing. The car actually feels more like a Renault than a Datsun! It just does everything, so darn well.

The M3 on the other hand is an all rounder, probably with stock tires is about 6-7 secs slower than the GTR but you can have plenty of fun with it on the track :)

Well, I do not think it is a fair comparison as the GTR is benchmark against the 911 turbo when it was designed and built. Anyone that has a need for the ultimate speed and doesn't want to lose a leg and arm should consider the GTR, best value if you ask me!

Cheers

ALBundy;768224 said:
Bro, its a different animal and there is no mistake why its called GOJIRA....

Drove a friend's GTR on Sepang during the Time To Attack event. Car is about 600hp with modded downpipe and and ECU remapped, everything else was stock. It practically eats everything else on the track, overtaking other cars is a mundane affair with the power and grip that is simply astonishing. The car actually feels more like a Renault than a Datsun! It just does everything, so darn well.

The M3 on the other hand is an all rounder, probably with stock tires is about 6-7 secs slower than the GTR but you can have plenty of fun with it on the track :)

Well, I do not think it is a fair comparison as the GTR is benchmark against the 911 turbo when it was designed and built. Anyone that has a need for the ultimate speed and doesn't want to lose a leg and arm should consider the GTR, best value if you ask me!

Cheers

Question now to you bro, if price is about the same... which would you take? :)

It all depends on your needs.

If you want a weekend car that can compete with the big boys, then get the GTR.

If its for a daily ride and occasional rempit sessions then the M3.

For me, I am looking for a weekend car and something that will satisfy my hunger for speed, so it has to be a GTR:)

Can buy the GTR but cannot maintain it ... so I will go with the M3, pointless to buy something that I cannot maintain. Nevertheless if the lotto I win is USD1million ... thats another stroy ...:4: ...

ALBundy;768298 said:
It all depends on your needs.

If you want a weekend car that can compete with the big boys, then get the GTR.

If its for a daily ride and occasional rempit sessions then the M3.

For me, I am looking for a weekend car and something that will satisfy my hunger for speed, so it has to be a GTR:)

Top Bottom