E90 325i Absorber

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anxious

Club Guest
I recently changed my e36 absorber after it had done 83k km on the set I put in 5 1/2 years ago and what a transformation.....squeeks went away.My e90 325i non msport coincedentally also has done almost 83k km. the other day went i had my brother in law with me, going over a hump, the car undercarriage sounded like it was scrapping the hump. When i go slow no problem. Car not lowered.....still original. Time to change absorbers?If so i rather do it b4 i put in new tyres.Thinking of Bilstein B4.......how much are B4s and what other choices.....Boge?Thks guys. Appreciate your comments/suggestions.

Stock absorber is Boge Automatic, which should cost less than RM1.5k full set including installation, mounts, bump stops etc. Bilstein B4 (Black) are also meant for OEM replacement of stock absorbers albeit some claimed it's slightly firmer than the Boge ones.

Bro, which absorbers did you finally change?
... can give review?

I feel my abs needs change soon too.
Thanks bro

anxious;794845 said:
I recently changed my e36 absorber after it had done 83k km on the set I put in 5 1/2 years ago and what a transformation.....squeeks went away.

My e90 325i non msport coincedentally also has done almost 83k km. the other day went i had my brother in law with me, going over a hump, the car undercarriage sounded like it was scrapping the hump. When i go slow no problem. Car not lowered.....still original. Time to change absorbers?

If so i rather do it b4 i put in new tyres.

Thinking of Bilstein B4.......how much are B4s and what other choices.....Boge?

Thks guys. Appreciate your comments/suggestions.

My enquiries reveal bilstein B4 notreadilyavailable inMsia.

Not sold by either autofuture or bavarian auto.

Only Boge available.

Originals BMW absorbers are very expensive.

So KIV change for nowas i think my absorbers still ok.

Bilstein B4 for E46 is sold by Munich Auto for less than RM1k. Not sure about E90 but you can give them a call. Look for Mr Siew.

wingzee;794849 said:
Stock absorber is Boge Automatic, which should cost less than RM1.5k full set including installation, mounts, bump stops etc. Bilstein B4 (Black) are also meant for OEM replacement of stock absorbers albeit some claimed it's slightly firmer than the Boge ones.

Hi,

Anyone know how much is the m sport absorber with all the necessary parts to change and where is the best place to change?

Thanks for the help...

JL_mw;839710 said:
Hi,

Anyone know how much is the m sport absorber with all the necessary parts to change and where is the best place to change?

Thanks for the help...

You can try contacting AB or Wearnes or Quill. It" ll probably cost a bomb.

If u want standard bmw absorber, the nearest is oem boge or sachs. U can get it at BA or any other spare parts shop around kl. i was on m sport on my e92 and recently changed to bilstein b12. Drastic improvement over the m sport in terms of firmer ride and reduction in body roll. The car would be lowered by a couple of cm.

i will go titan any given day.. sick and tired of twin tubes and non serviceable sets..

My car has done 89.5k km. just discovered during tyre balancing that Right Rear Absorber leaking.

I need to decide b/w bilstein B4 vs B6. My concern is comfort as most of my driving is in pg town.

B4 costs about RM1.2k wherelse B6 is about double that.

Care to share your experiences. Tq

anxious;841003 said:
My car has done 89.5k km. just discovered during tyre balancing that Right Rear Absorber leaking.

I need to decide b/w bilstein B4 vs B6. My concern is comfort as most of my driving is in pg town.

B4 costs about RM1.2k wherelse B6 is about double that.

Care to share your experiences. Tq

If comfort is your priority then B4 (black) is the way to go, they are meant for OEM stock replacement. But this comfort shall be at the expense of handling.

B6 (yellow) is harder but offers better handling at the slight expense of comfort.

Update. Just ordered Bilstein B4. Didn't want to risk sacrificing comfort. Should be changing all 4 absorbers later this week with the necessary parts eg mounts,damper etc. Thanks for the input guys.

anxious;841977 said:
Update. Just ordered Bilstein B4. Didn't want to risk sacrificing comfort. Should be changing all 4 absorbers later this week with the necessary parts eg mounts,damper etc. Thanks for the input guys.

Care to share the cost & from stockist for the benefit of all?

I typed out the whole freaking write up in word but cant seem to paste it here...argggh.

Dear All

Just changed my absorbers today at Chu Seng Auto Repairs Pg.

My car is a E90 2006 325i with 89700km.

Total cost:-

(i) Absorbers- Bilstein B4 ( from Munich Auto SegambutMr Siew)
(F) RM350 x 2 = RM700
(R) RM270 x 2 = RM540
Total = RM1240

(ii) Parts OE from Auto Bavaria Pg

Front
31 33 1 094 749 - Protection Tube RM20.83 x 2 = RM41.66

Rear
33 53 6 767 334 - Rubber Buffer RM69.58 x 2 = RM139.16
33 50 6 771 738 - Guide Support/ Strut Support RM45.94 x 2 = RM91.88
33 50 6 771 737 - Strut Support RM57.44 x 2 = RM114.88

Total = RM387.60

(iii) Parts OEM from ChuSeng

Front
31 30 6 775 098 - Absorber Mounting (CPB brand) RM98 x 2 = RM196
31 33 6 771 352 – Damper ( Vaico) RM68 x 2 = RM136
Total = RM332.00
( I purchased Absorber Mounting and Damper from Chu Seng as OE prices were too high ie RM535 pp and RM101 pprespectively)

(iv) Labour @ Chu Seng RM300 (inclusive service tax)

(v) Alignment RM50

Total Cost Summary
Absorbers RM1240
Parts RM720
Labour RM300
Alignment RM50
Total RM2310

AB quoted me a total of RM7323

Parts RM6023

(OE Absorbers RM1329(F) + RM906(R) x 2 = RM4474 + Other OE Parts = RM1549)

Labour RM1300

( Lee Motors/Tian Siang/Wearnes gave me almost similar quotes)

My cost was 1/3 of the official dealer price.

Normally it would be ½ but in this case the official dealer pricing was quite high for absorbers, absorber mounting (F) and labour which totaled RM6844 by itself.

I must say I am very happy with my new absorbers and am very satisfied with the research and enquiries that went in before the purchase. It was quite a learning experience.

Turner Motorsports has a list of suspension bushing that need to be changed with the Absorbers. See http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1...ck-mount-kit-e90-e91-e92-e93-non-m-or-xi.aspx

I changed the front shock mounts and part A & C in the rear.

Be careful with the front shock mounts. Mosts shops carry part no 31336760943 but the upgraded part listed by BMW is part no 31306775098.

Thats why if you are planning to get your own parts, you should be armed with the OE part no.

all sifus here , wanna ask why my driver side got sound like " tak tak tak " when turning an uneven road or entering the car park ? It feel like something is loosing .... btw , it's happend after I changed the lower arm / bush

after that , the technician ask me to change the absorber / linkage and mounting but still cant solve this issues... Pls help. Tq

Top Bottom