e90 320d engine oil

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

vincent

Club Guest
Hi Oil burners,
what is your preferred engine oil ? or any engine oil that does magic ! pls share tq

i find that most oil are ok... add a small bottle of engine and injector cleaner help with the performance and the durability.
hmmm... blue e39........

Currently using Ravenol or Liqui Moly 5W-30. Don't really need a diesel-specific engine oil. 5W-30 felt much lighter than 5W-40. 5L bottle costs about RM300

Yes vincent and hello... long time no.see.. f10.... too bad they only came in 4 pots..

Teh, really long time no see, we should come out again for cars talk.

wingzee,
thanks for the idea, im using addinol now 5-30, i cant make any judgement as this is the first time oil change, but will see how on the next oil change at bsri, 4800km to go.

vincent said:
Hi Oil burners,
what is your preferred engine oil ? or any engine oil that does magic ! pls share tq
The ones that has the magic, in my own personal experience so far is either Mobil Gold or Motul XCess. Both on 5W-40.

This is after trying Ravenol, Castrol and Liqui Moly. Among all, I like the two above. I have tried both on 5W-30 and 5W-40. Due to our heat as well as a remapped engine, I prefer the viscosity of the 40 especially during rempit session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

after cahnging to 5-40 you dont feel sluggishness? due to thickness? the engine sound better?

Mavik,

whats the temp different between 5w30 and 5w40? I have remap mine, and using 5w30 voltronic, coolant temp around 90C.

Im not sure abt e90, but mine e46 diesel, I just push the needle button on the speedometer.

i have a e46 325 as well, but i dont remember i done that before, can you teach me how to do it ? tq in advance

I've change my oil from 5w30 to 15w40, engine a few degrees cooler and add a bottle of polytron for extra engine protection

Hi, newbie here. The e90 320 suggest 0w-40,0w-30,5w-30 or 5w-40. What happens if i used 15w-50?
Mel279's apparenly is runnng cooler. Mine is 2010 e90 320D

Amir,

I would go for 5w30 since your engine is still new. 15w50 is too thick not recommended

Top Bottom