E90 320 2005 CBU @158k/80km is this a good deal?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

blueberry

Club Guest
Hi All,I found a 320 2005 CBU pre-owned from a dealer in KL that are selling at 158K now. The car mosty in a very good condition - minor scratch interior but the dealer will touch up. The mileage is about 80K.Need an advise here. Thanks in advance!

blueberry;396904 said:
Hi All,

I found a 320 2005 CBU pre-owned from a dealer in KL that are selling at 158K now. The car mosty in a very good condition - minor scratch interior but the dealer will touch up. The mileage is about 80K.

Need an advise here. Thanks in advance!

get the 2008 pre-reg or used from bavaria/sapura/ingress auto...they are just a tad more expansive than this but definely more worth it...circa 180k ish n above...save u a headache and with warranty.

glock_8;396975 said:
get the 2008 pre-reg or used from bavaria/sapura/ingress auto...they are just a tad more expansive than this but definely more worth it...circa 180k ish n above...save u a headache and with warranty.

Also the BSRI package is inclusive - save you some headache!

If you care to take the various cost into consideration, you r not paying a lot more with newer unit.

1. Newer car interest very low, may save few thousand.
2. Warranty. May not be much if nothing goes wrong but its a peace of mind.
3. Wear & tear like the costly RFT, brake disc rotor, pad pads.... say RM7k worth if all brand new.
4. 17" wheels instead of 16".. RM12k if all brand new purchase from SC... outside replica cost would probably be RM4k
5. Xenon headlight which cost RM8k to retrofit, if the 2005 u referred to is on Halogen.
6. Electric seat. 2005 model I think no electric seat.
7. 2005 model confirm no rain sensor.

80k km of mileage is a averaging 20k km traveled a year for the 2005 unit. Try to put a cost to it which roughly factor in the engine and transmission use plus bushes, seals, hoses and bearings, along with the annual depreciation, say RM5k a year and it works out to a good RM5k x 4 = RM20k, so would u rather spend additional RM20k on a say 3 year newer 2008 model?

That's how I convinced myself in getting a pre-reg brand new unit.

Bro - wher can i get the Xenon in KL ?

It cost SGD 3.3K down south ...

535i;397017 said:
Bro - wher can i get the Xenon in KL ?

It cost SGD 3.3K down south ...

For what car? I can ring up few BMW authorised OEM stockists for u. My SA told me it cost about RM8k and Grace did the retrofit to her 2005 120i which is about that price. U may want to talk to Grace too.

Thanks guys, appreciated all the advice and comments given.

Actually I already bought this car today. I tot nobody reply me so at 10am today I've ask the dealer to proceed with the car so they completed Puspakom with a day and I just got the car at 6pm today.

Should wait for your reply... :(

Anyway, I hope the car is in good condition and don't give me much problem.

Well, if your r unlucky, even brand new car can give u nightmare.. so good luck.. and congrats!

Thanks Astroboy...

I feel better now with support from you guys! :)

Now looking for place to send the car for service, any suggestions? I'm at Damansara Uptown....

Also feel that the car need to the allignment and maybe need to change new tyres in the next 10-20km.

astroboy;397058 said:
For what car? I can ring up few BMW authorised OEM stockists for u. My SA told me it cost about RM8k and Grace did the retrofit to her 2005 120i which is about that price. U may want to talk to Grace too.

E90 320i ... price from Eng Soon SG.

Got my rear smoke lites for SGD 480.
Hella clear is SGD 380

blueberry;397339 said:
Thanks Astroboy...

I feel better now with support from you guys! :)

Now looking for place to send the car for service, any suggestions? I'm at Damansara Uptown....

Also feel that the car need to the allignment and maybe need to change new tyres in the next 10-20km.

and now the journey to workshop begins...

shud've waited bro...anyways congrats n gd luck.

Hi Bluberry,

I also just bought an E90 320 CBU year 2005 at RM157K from dealer in KL.The car is in excellence condition.Below are the reasons why i considered this Pre-owned unit vs brand new or pre reg.

1.Car is manufactured in year 2005 but registered in November 2006.More or less the car has been used on the road for for 2 years instead of 4 years if the car is registered in mid 2005.
2. The car is CBU imported new by Naza.It does not carry any warranty anymore and this is the only risk that i have to take.
3.Car is equipped with Auto Cruise,rain sensor,SUNROOF,black leather interior,Bi Xenon lights and 17" wheels.I may not get a sunroof if I go for any CKD model.
4.I may not lose much on the resale value,since bought at lower price.If I sell the car after 2 year of owning with loan at 130K ,the full settlement will be around 105K only.I may forecast the value of 2005 320 E90 2 years from now will be around 120-130K.Still able to sell at that price.
5.Low mileage at app 30K kms.
6.Full service history by Sapura Auto.
7.Car previously owned by VIP and it is hardly use.Car is still look very new.(I know their family personally)
8.Manage to secure loan at 2.55% interest rate which I think is equivalant to rate offer to new car.

So what else should stop me from buying?

Hope you enjoy the ride.

Hi firz67,

Wow... You are so lucky to have such nice car with higher specs. I bought for 158k without all those sunroof, etc. What makes me think, how can you get the 2.55%. The most I can get is only 3.5% from Hong Leong, Affin, etc.

Which banks are you getting such lower rates?

Anyway, I really enjoy the ride...

Thanks Blueberry.
What I've found out before purchase is the car has higher specs than the CBU 2005 that brought in by AB or Cartrade especially the sunroof.I got my loan offer from Public Finance Taman Maluri which is the Auto Finance Center last 2 weeks is at 3.2%.But after submitting my document for loan application this week,they offered me 2.55% after the new BLR reduction by Central Bank last week.

Firz67

FIRZ67;397940 said:
Hi Bluberry,

I also just bought an E90 320 CBU year 2005 at RM157K from dealer in KL.The car is in excellence condition.Below are the reasons why i considered this Pre-owned unit vs brand new or pre reg.

1.Car is manufactured in year 2005 but registered in November 2006.More or less the car has been used on the road for for 2 years instead of 4 years if the car is registered in mid 2005.
2. The car is CBU imported new by Naza.It does not carry any warranty anymore and this is the only risk that i have to take.
3.Car is equipped with Auto Cruise,rain sensor,SUNROOF,black leather interior,Bi Xenon lights and 17" wheels.I may not get a sunroof if I go for any CKD model.
4.I may not lose much on the resale value,since bought at lower price.If I sell the car after 2 year of owning with loan at 130K ,the full settlement will be around 105K only.I may forecast the value of 2005 320 E90 2 years from now will be around 120-130K.Still able to sell at that price.
5.Low mileage at app 30K kms.
6.Full service history by Sapura Auto.
7.Car previously owned by VIP and it is hardly use.Car is still look very new.(I know their family personally)
8.Manage to secure loan at 2.55% interest rate which I think is equivalant to rate offer to new car.

So what else should stop me from buying?

Hope you enjoy the ride.

2. If the car imported by naza is a Jap Spec, it is as good as no radio/fm. So that is up to individual to choose either the sun roof or the radio. I am not caucassian and i've been living in m'sia with tropical weather my whole life. I don;t need the extra sun on my head when i am driving.

However if the car is a UK spec, u'll enjoy the radio but majority of uk spec car is in a bad shape - badly coroded undercarriage and engine bay due to salt on winter.

3. im not sure bout 320i, but i reckon those autocruise/rain sensors are standard?

4. if u get the pre-reg, the discount is almost15%, which saved u a lot on depreciation. And its still covered with BSRI for 3 full year, 2 yrs down the road if u sell the car, the value shud be higher since its still under BSRI warranty.

5. if u opt for the pre reg. they're 0km mileage. Small parts like absorber, bushing, battery, tyres, bearings, brake pads, brake discs are all brand new as opposed to 30k km car.

6. u'll be the first person who take the car in for service

7. I've always seen a VIP car parked in front of a big building in KL sometime for the full period of 8 hours with their driver's sitting inside the car with the engine idle and aircond on. Altho most of them are the 7 series or the S-class, being a VIP car is not always a good thing. Cos they look at the car as an instrument for them to do their business...4 yrs up, they'll get rid of it and get a new one.....its different if u buy it from a car enthusiast....the TLC i meant hehe.

Like astroboy, i choose the brand new one bcos of the I-Drive, the 3yrs BSRI, exclusivity. I;ve seen the jap spec i-drive with japanese voice and instruction, no radio etc. not really like it.

and i saved on tyres = rm1.6k X4, shock absorbers rm1000 X 4, Localised I-Drive - RM20k, BSRI for 3 yrs and peace of mind for 2 yrs or up to 60kkm.

since i plan to drive this car for about 3 yrs or so, those rm30k-40k items i get to saved before i sell it of and get another brand new car.

my 2cents

2. If the car imported by naza is a Jap Spec, it is as good as no radio/fm. So that is up to individual to choose either the sun roof or the radio. I am not caucassian and i've been living in m'sia with tropical weather my whole life. I don;t need the extra sun on my head when i am driving.-
However if the car is a UK spec, u'll enjoy the radio but majority of uk spec car is in a bad shape - badly coroded undercarriage and engine bay due to salt on winter.
-answer : The car is Europe Specs and it is imported new.
3. im not sure bout 320i, but i reckon those autocruise/rain sensors are standard?-Not sure

7. I've always seen a VIP car parked in front of a big building in KL sometime for the full period of 8 hours with their driver's sitting inside the car with the engine idle and aircond on. Altho most of them are the 7 series or the S-class, being a VIP car is not always a good thing. Cos they look at the car as an instrument for them to do their business...4 yrs up, they'll get rid of it and get a new one.....its different if u buy it from a car enthusiast....the TLC i meant hehe.
Answer: This car is only among his 15 cars and it is hardly been used.

Like astroboy, i choose the brand new one bcos of the I-Drive, the 3yrs BSRI, exclusivity. I;ve seen the jap spec i-drive with japanese voice and instruction, no radio etc. not really like it.
Answer: No issues to me since I know that 320 does not come with I drive

and i saved on tyres = rm1.6k X4, shock absorbers rm1000 X 4, Localised I-Drive - RM20k, BSRI for 3 yrs and peace of mind for 2 yrs or up to 60kkm.
Answer: Planning to change the RFT to 19" normal tyres with new alloy.

since i plan to drive this car for about 3 yrs or so, those rm30k-40k items i get to saved before i sell it of and get another brand new car.
Answer: I only drive every car that I bought for max 2 years that is why i dont buy a brand new unit.

my 2cents

Huhuhu... Nothing much I can do as I already bought the car :(

Anyway if I’m given option now I don’t think having budget for pre-reg E90... This 2nd-hand 2005 E90 already burst my budget - actual plan is only for 318i/2004.

So will just use as it is, use cost-effective non-RFT and pray the other parts can last longer...

FIRZ67;398506 said:
Answer: Planning to change the RFT to 19" normal tyres with new alloy.

Please be warned that a set of 19" Falken rubber on 320 E90 can only last about 15k km (less than a year to many).. I am not sure is it because of the size or the Falken itself is a high thread wear index tyre.. :rolleyes:

My Avanza tyre can last 60k km.. :p

... and the E90 320 rear tyre make faster than the front, I used to disbelieve this but just found out its true. My rear tyre makan inside.. :( .. am using the OEM CSC2 225/45R17 at 19k km, rear inner thread almost hit the tread wear indicator (about 2mm), outer still has plenty to go (about 4mm).. :( front tyre still good and even 4mm till the thread wear indicator.

blueberry;398510 said:
Huhuhu... Nothing much I can do as I already bought the car :(

Anyway if I’m given option now I don’t think having budget for pre-reg E90... This 2nd-hand 2005 E90 already burst my budget - actual plan is only for 318i/2004.

So will just use as it is, use cost-effective non-RFT and pray the other parts can last longer...

no worries..u'll enjoy the car non the less...afterall its a UDM hehe:top:

Top Bottom