E60 head lights - is the inner circle headlights suppose to light up??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all Bro , i try my E60 2004 year no xenon , the insde / small 1 ring only pass light or high beam that can on it .

it's my oso rosak or wat.....pls all bro can help me...thank lot

XXX;651933 said:
Bro pls look at his picturelah... Ada bulblah ... Bukan projector!

Bro XXX, yeah saw the picture but he said that even flashing is using the outer light not inner (just like newer E90 and F10). And you are supposed to be able to flash even when the lowbeam is off.

So aoch, guess all is ok since no warnings right. Not like you missing any functionality (flash-to-pass, highbeam, lowbeam, DRL). Senior E60 driver please revert.

jansen lim;651935 said:
hi all Bro , i try my E60 2004 year no xenon , the insde / small 1 ring only pass light or high beam that can on it .

it's my oso rosak or wat.....pls all bro can help me...thank lot

For halogens, the inner light is for flashing or high beam while outer is for low beam only..

Bro aidilj, thanks but that's not my head lights. The photo is just a reference and I think what you're saying makes sense. Some member thinks all E60 headlights are the same which is wrong :) I just want to know what's the logic and how it works. There's no warnings so I presume it's adaptive. I've seen it light up once before and it's yellowish in color, not white (looks pretty much like halogen than xenon).

The last thing is to find if yours is adaptive because you've seen it lit up before. Go to a dark place, drive slowly and turn the steering, lights should turn on at the side youre turning into.

....next time put the correct picture...you dont put a picture of a cow and say its a cat!

aidilj;651943 said:
The last thing is to find if yours is adaptive because you've seen it lit up before. Go to a dark place, drive slowly and turn the steering, lights should turn on at the side youre turning into.

That's a good way to test, thank you bro :) It's really helpful!

XXX;651944 said:
....next time put the correct picture...you dont put a picture of a cow and say its a cat!

No one can help if the person is stupid to see a photo of a cow and still think it's a cat especially when clear descriptions have been given :) Well, you're not much of a help from the start anyway.

errr...u dunno how to read is it? you put picture of cow but keep on talking abt cat...in the first place you say its not lighted up during normal night driving, the reason is because its the high beam and u only use it when u need to, somebody already gave you link on the adaptive headlights and how it works but youre still adamant that it should be lighted up during night driving...so who is supid?

To be honest, your behavior is quite disappointing (worse still since you're an official member). I wonder how old are you? Your posts are quite immature from the start :) I think the point of this forum is to share knowledge and help each other. Of course you have the choice not to help but continuously posting like a kid is just a real shame.

Someone might have posted the link but it's for F10 and not E60. If you want to talk about stupidity, no one can beat you because we're all discussing about LCI inner lights for E60 and you're screaming like a drunk hound talking about an pre-LCI E60 headlights.

...thanks for the compliments!

No problem :) I think most of here are just new owners trying to get help from senior members and I hope you don't mind.

aoch88;651948 said:
To be honest, your behavior is quite disappointing (worse still since you're an official member). I wonder how old are you? Your posts are quite immature from the start :) I think the point of this forum is to share knowledge and help each other. Of course you have the choice not to help but continuously posting like a kid is just a real shame.

Someone might have posted the link but it's for F10 and not E60. If you want to talk about stupidity, no one can beat you because we're all discussing about LCI inner lights for E60 and you're screaming like a drunk hound talking about an pre-LCI E60 headlights.

...I became official member because I feel shylah everytime ask this ask that but never contribute anything....so I paid RM300 to become a member...so how I behave is how and behave and has got nothing to do with being an official member.

aoch88;651955 said:
No problem :) I think most of here are just new owners trying to get help from senior members and I hope you don't mind.

Maybe it would help if you post your vin number or picture of the actual problem to avoid any confusion.

The thing is, you have the official member tag and this would certainly reflect the forum when you say silly things :) your actions doesnt encourage more people to join as an official member as well. You're now posting in a BMW forum so RM 300 is nothing :) I wouldn't want to pay RM 300 and get answers from members like you. I rather pay RM 600 to my mechanic and make sure he attends to all my questions.

If you don't welcome new members just close the new registration. This forum is quiet and close to dead and people that put comments like you only made it worse

...oooh...sorry ah boss! i didnt know you were talking about LCI but all I know is u very LCLY.:wink:

new owner...old owner...same la...still when u just entered the forum as newbie please act like one...ask for help when ppl give u answer not likeable by you, you do not have to go beserk and being rude...calling names and do personal attack...you preach about discuss maturely but you are doing otherwise...its a forum so u are free to ask anything and so does the other user can reply what they want...if not relevent just ignore...no need to be so rude...

aoch88;651955 said:

wei he drive e60 lci you drive e39 lcly...hahaha

XXX;651967 said:
...oooh...sorry ah boss! i didnt know you were talking about LCI but all I know is u very LCLY.:wink:

xxx...my ex e60 headlight when it see lcly car or ppl the inner light will light up wan... dunno about lci though...

XXX;651967 said:

That's your personal interpretation/opinion, I will respect that :)

t2ribena;651969 said:
new owner...old owner...same la...still when u just entered the forum as newbie please act like one...ask for help when ppl give u answer not likeable by you, you do not have to go beserk and being rude...calling names and do personal attack...you preach about discuss maturely but you are doing otherwise...its a forum so u are free to ask anything and so does the other user can reply what they want...if not relevent just ignore...no need to be so rude...

I know most of you might know each other well but sometimes new members giving opinion shouldn't be regarded as arrogant. I'm not saying what you guys are commenting is wrong but different people has different opinions. Perhaps I was a little harsh and if I did, I do apologize but having an official member screaming like a hound doesn't help. If all old/senior/official members behave this way, that's when you see the forum size/member never grows and even if it does, the rate would be terribly slow.

I think instead of feeling unhappy when new members give opinions or correct seniors, why not everyone take it easy and respect each other's comments? No hard feelings. I'm not sure which part that I said makes me LCLY? LOL! I thought I just gave my personal opinion on certain things, that's all. This is certainly one weird forum (and it's members).

aoch88;651915 said:
Thanks guys but it's definitely not the high beam because if it is, I won't be creating this topic :) You can try flashing your high beam or turning it on, it won't light up.

bro,
Let's meet up with all our rides and turn on all light switches to see which light works and which doesn't, ok? Better than arguing and calling names, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom