E60 525i LCI with small I-drive???

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

aoch88

Club Guest
Hey folks, I've seen a 525 LCI UK specs with a small screened I-drive unlike the big ones. Can we change the I-drive? How much does it roughly cost?

Some of the members here have discussed it way back in 2007/2008 but not sure what's the current price. No one seems to share some information :( btw if we retrofit the navigation pro then the screen is bigger but can we just change the screen without having navigation?

Can be change. If u do full retrofit local CCC, i think they come togother with large screen. Cost wise around RM7K

hakim_radzuan;617101 said:
Can be change. If u do full retrofit local CCC, i think they come togother with large screen. Cost wise around RM7K

Which shop to do for RM7K? I understand that as long as it has Navigation PRO, it will have a 8.8" screen.

rm7k is just for the CCC alone...to change to Navigation Pro the M-ASK, i-drive controller low and the screen has to go...the damage is more than 10k normally for the new retrofit kit which consists of CCC, Controller High and the 8.8inch screen with some of the accessories to mount the new system...the headache part is the coding...

if you guys going to go this route, i strongly suggest to go with the newer system which is the CIC which i assume would costs slightly more only...

It sounds rather complex. I guess it's meant to be left alone and we should live with a 6" screen even in 2011. Haha

aoch88;617362 said:
It sounds rather complex. I guess it's meant to be left alone and we should live with a 6" screen even in 2011. Haha

same thought here bro... I wish for UK with wide screen + nav but coding portion.... dun wanna find problem unless I got lotsa free time to come again and again to follow should there be any problem.

aoch88;616982 said:
Some of the members here have discussed it way back in 2007/2008 but not sure what's the current price. No one seems to share some information :( btw if we retrofit the navigation pro then the screen is bigger but can we just change the screen without having navigation?

Had get advise from friend...
it's not suitable even though the socket is same.
probably will destroy the CCC unit

Thanks boss, I gave up changing this because it doesn't seem to work well. Besides, this car is so sensitive that it can give you all sorts of problems even because of a small thing :) Better to leave it alone for now and save up for a better ride.

Top Bottom