E60 523i and 525i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

GasWombat

Club Guest
It seems to be an old BMW practice to offer the same engine in two versions. Both the above have the same 2.5l engine except that the one in the 523i is detuned/crippled to be a little less powerful.The 525i is 25kg heavier than the 523i at 2055kg. In all other respects, both cars are the same. But BMW Malaysia is selling the 525i at RM410K (perhaps less after the NAP Framework announcement on Oct 19, 2005), RM50k more than the entry 5.Is the price difference justified in order to offer customers more choices in the midrange luxury segment?Local tuner Ultratune offers software upgrades that will re-map the power dynamics. Is it practical to buy the 523i and get a tuner to raise the power and torque to that of the 525i at a far cheaper price? would this be coinsidered illegal by JPJ?

how is the charges like, look like it will cost a bom to sent the car for tuning or service.

guys,

FYI, I have enquired about remapping for my car. 523i.
there was a mr steven quoted rm 3000 to remapping ECU. claimed to increase bhp and torque to 5251. wow.
I have not get to him yet.

:lazy:

You might want to just hold off and think for a moment. That RM 3K you spend will "vanish" within a week!. Why ?. In your head!.

You will get 10% maybe 15% more torque which is nice and after a week, you will get USED to this and take it for granted. Only when you drive another car would you realised that it is sluggish. Or if you unchipped it back.

Ask yourself, is this worth the money ?. Get 2 pairs of nice sticky tires and you can enjoy the car much more..... my 2 cents.

Supercharging is different since you will be getting 30% to 45% torque with almost that amount of HP jump. It certainly costs more and you will be in heck of a lot of trouble when that belt breaks. Or any part breaks!. I have seen 2 E39s with SC that had their belts snapped. Not pretty!.
:dunno:

Top Bottom