E60 520i: For Sharing - How to increase HP & Torque

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Anthony5785

Club Guest
Hello, The purpose i post this thread is to share on my experience on how i increase the HP & Torque of my car. The information i post is base on personal findings and might differ from others. Exhaust System: For the exhaust i choose the Hamann exhaust system & design (quad). Mine is only half system which is starting from the exhaust pipe (after the resonator) till to the end. The reason i choose is because of the muffler design as the 4 outgoing to the tail pipe is connected together muffler. The theory behind is to improve the efficiency of air flow in and out from the engine for the combustion as fuels require air to burnt thus it shall produce energy. - HP Remapping: I upgrade my car ECU, up date the idrive version to 30+ and re map. The remap shall be more focus on the engine respond, initial acceleration & rev. -Torque Before completion of all these, i shall conduct a dyno test on before and after to compare the value. Hopefully all these shall complete by end of Feb. Next step, as supporting action towards improving the HP & Tor further, weight reduction shall be in my project pipeline.:top:

herbert;702869 said:
any plans to supercharged?

Of course i have, but i had search many place and they had not done for M54B22 engine before and the worst case, the next place i shall visit is BVO. I am looking forward for twin screw and turbo also.

Can advise ?

Yes, please get BVO to propose the ESS TS1 or TS2, it's available for M54B22, you can easily google and look for ESS website for details.

New set should be around RM30k for TS2, shipped + taxed.

For tuning, my advise to you is do most, if not all, the mods that could possibly let you gain HP & NM first, then let BVO tune your car in SG. Remember to tell him whether you're using RON95 or RON97.

Say "hi" to Bernard if you see him :)

Good luck bro and thanks for sharing :top: Have you done your exhaust already?

seewai;702880 said:
Yes, please get BVO to propose the ESS TS1 or TS2, it's available for M54B22, you can easily google and look for ESS website for details.

New set should be around RM30k for TS2, shipped + taxed.

For tuning, my advise to you is do most, if not all, the mods that could possibly let you gain HP & NM first, then let BVO tune your car in SG. Remember to tell him whether you're using RON95 or RON97.

Say "hi" to Bernard if you see him :)

Thanks Seewai for the info...

That one i need to wait for my bonus which come around july....wah!!...hand itchy cannot tahan...

Anthony5785;702896 said:
Thanks Seewai for the info...

That one i need to wait for my bonus which come around july....wah!!...hand itchy cannot tahan...

You are very itchy and naughty boy..not enough power ka? hahaha, again yr money talks bro...best of luck

JFT63;702902 said:
You are very itchy and naughty boy..not enough power ka? hahaha, again yr money talks bro...best of luck

Recently experience power thirst..sigh...

Other available options:
1) Tuning Box for M54 engine. Improvement of 10% on torque and hp. Should be available in eBay.. Try google
2) lightweight pulley - additional 10% increase in hp. My bro did his E46 (M54 engine) and it was awesome! Btw, did at Exotic Mods..

All the best!!

Top Bottom