E46 Vs W203

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Damien

Club Guest
Hi ya! to all the sifu here ....I am new here and I applause to you guys, in already taken the big step of owning a Beemer!!!I am planning to buy one , but am still studying the (cost of ownership ) between a Benz n a Beemer.Hope you bros can enlighten me, of course i like the youthful looking E46, for a W203, it looks classy, but can still consider to find one sport version Kompressor.As for an employee, maintenance cost is always a taboo.And because I am in the sales line, I am always on the road, and to drive a Beemer is a passion comes true. But i am concern on the durability of one. Hope to hear from you guys soon!!!Cheers bro!

If you looking for reliability, quote:
However the W203 C-Class did acquire a poor reputation for reliability compared to other Mercedes-Benz models, an area which was targeted for improvement in the replacement model.However the W203 C-Class did acquire a poor reputation for reliability compared to other Mercedes-Benz models, an area which was targeted for improvement in the replacement model.

If you looking for Performance, some of the W203 uses 3-valves technology. :stupid:
C240(2.6L), 18v
168hp@5700 , 177ftlbs@4700 , weight: approx 3360lbs

E46 325i
184hp@6000, 175@3500, weight: approx 3219lbs

Yes, I am bias to BMW. And I don't see why not :D

Cheers

Wow turbology, i read that quote too for W203 in the website about its poor reliability....hmmm....thanks...a point noted.....

hey any one owning both w203 and e46? mind to clear my doubt haha!

actually due to budget of RM 110k, i opt for E46 2003 or W203 c180K/c200k of 2001 year....

merz is older....too...might have more problem.....

cheers!!!

You ask such a question in a BMW forum? What kind of answer did you think you would get? :)

Seriously, depends on what you're looking for in a car. C-class would probably be more comfortable, but if you love to drive, then the bimmer is the one for you! Get a 325. Once you have tasted the power, you'll always be wanting more....

Damien I'm in sales too. I drive my E36 328i everyday and don't have much problem with reliability. As long as you change what's need changing at the intervals you should be fine. Example, engine oil service every 10k km (if full synthetic), tyre alignment every 10k km, ATF oil service every 60k km, replace coolant every 12 months, etc.

Allocate a portion of your income for your car maintenance fund.

Hi Crymson,
Glad to hear theres a kaki from sales line...haha.
Well, i drive about 100km everyday in average, what about you?:)

I think you made the right decision in providing excellent maintenance & service to your baby! I ll benchmark your tips yeah! thank you very much.

Your car sure looks very new to me. I am a fanatic in taking good care of my cars too. That is why i have more confident now in owning one conti!

Budget allocation is like how much ya? normal servie is 3 mths interval for me-semi-sintetic! 7km routine.

BMW is different in 25km, but i agree with you on 10km each full-sinthetic. so i gather 4-5 mths service once ? around RM 400-500 enough?

please advice bro!

Cheers!

Haiiyyooo!!!

Go for e46!!! 325i especially hehhehe look good power also good. the feeling will be different. bmw for executive racing & sporty look. if merc more toward executive look only hehehe

Hi Bearz,

Hmm...i may not have enough budget for a 323, of course higher power....that we love...hehe.

anyway, thanks for your advice bro!

hey damien,
Its all about your preferences I thinks. If you are definitely a driver, BM no question. If you like quiet, chilled out atmosphere, go for merc. I drive an E46 323ia, and just love it. However, when i was in the passenger seat of my own car, it wasn't as comfortable as a friend's c-class. Many people in my country (Thailand) who can afford such cars go for mercedes because of image. What are you about? Ridin or drivin?
Cheers

E36 vs W202

Although my car models are not exact for the above to compare, just some thoughts to consider...

I own both, W202 C200 & E36 328i...Having both the cars for about 4-5 years now.

Both marque's are good in their own way. I drive both cars regularly and there is no doubt when it comes to maintainance the MB has been much cheaper than my BMW. (based on repairs and service bills, take note that bills could be cheaper due to my MB is 4 potter).

Reliability, I will say both are on the same line. But when it comes to looks, hard driving, fun etc...BMW will be my choice compared to the price we are paying for both the cars.

The MB is way more comfort and handles better in sharp bends at high speeds, Feel more safe. Cabin is very very quiet compared to the BMW. Other than that, i find the MB's engine is less responsive...The drving experience totally different, The MB is more of a highway cruiser. The bimmer's are made fierce and to roar on the roads, more playfull...

For ur case : I will surely go for the 325 as you are getting the full package, power, torque, looks etc. fuel consumption is not bad too.. If you want the same kinda power from a W203, you will have to go for bigger CC and thats gonna blow ur budget wt a MB.

You can get some info about MB here: www.mybenz.org

good luck wt ur choice...cheers:top:

Bro Damien,
I have a W203 C180K yr 2003 that I'm planing to let go to make way for my new W204 Advangarde in a couple of weeks. The car is in imaculate condition and well taken care of. PM me if you're interested.

Top Bottom