E46 UK specs - M sport edition

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wann77

Club Guest
Hi all sifus here,Need an advice in terms of perfomance, maintainance and value on this car.Actually my fren is planning to get E46, 318 M sport edition (uk specs). This happen when I manage "racun" him ... :D Before, he is planning to get accord 3.0vtec. Suddenly he call me yesterday asking about this model... :wink: Since myself is still newbie here, opinion from senior here are appreciated....The car is unregistered, year 2001, selling at 148k. Is this worth buying? :dunno:

2.0 or 1.9? 1.9...neh..tooo expensive..best to check the VIN number and confirm is it really 2001 or otherwise.

Don't be tempted by the bodykits. They can hide host of other internal problems....

Post the VIN here, we can help you check it out. Its a number usually located on the bottom left of the front windscreen (imported) or inside the engine.

.. shud be 2.0 valvetronic,new facelift, 3 headrest at the back, sports seat(keras bucket seat,adjustable), bodykits(m-sports), 17'' wheels, sports springs(lowered), 3-spoke multifunction steering, bigger fog lights...bla bla..
148k was a year ago lah.. u check it properly, shud be dec 01
if its the old face then it's not worth it at all..offer 130k

318 new facelift 2.0 is 146hp right? is it enuff hp to pull 18" wheels? top speed with that wheel? and without?

Happy Chinese New Year to all:yahoo:

Just come back from northen region....d*mn, holiday also got to work. Ok, thanks to all, I just got info from my fren, he said, that car is 1.9 :dunno:

I ask him about VIN no, he will update me latter...I'll post it here. The car is in port klang.....hehe :D

(Is it true that imported model's VIN code usually located on the bottom left of the front windscreen? if inside the engine? Somebody said that only UK spec has that... how about japan or Singapore spec? )

(Ignore this as I've moved my question to the new thread)

guru said:
.. shud be 2.0 valvetronic,new facelift, 3 headrest at the back, sports seat(keras bucket seat,adjustable), bodykits(m-sports), 17'' wheels, sports springs(lowered), 3-spoke multifunction steering, bigger fog lights...bla bla..
148k was a year ago lah.. u check it properly, shud be dec 01
if its the old face then it's not worth it at all..offer 130k

i been looking around and was ofer 318 1.9 M sport for 135k. I would love a 2.0 but seen one that is priced at 158, the dealer says its a 320 2.2

need ya advise please, not sure bout the price range.

Top Bottom