E46 -- rattling sound on windows

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by valkryie@Apr 25 2006, 11:52 AM
Dear 2.2,

If you cannot hear it then maybe your car don't make the sound and there is nothing to fix.

The rattling sound is obvious when you go through uneven roads. The sound is more pronounced during dry weather with your aircond off. It is a rattling sound that carries a slight hint of squeking sound.

As for third brake light sound it is just rattling sound.
Tried it just now..thank god there is no sound aboit it :eek:k:

ya so far no sound from MIKO looo

but the third braking light glok glok dalak dalak sound duno how to solve

:(

leakwoon,

try this - use some of the bluetack (you know, those for sticking notes on the wall?), and pull to reduce to very thin strip, paste/stick it on the four plastic strips (black, on and part of the cover) that fasten the 3rd brake lights to the housing, and the two clips (white) [basically all points of contact] - has to be very thin to avoid the plastic from cracking when replacing housing. Then cover back, making sure that nothing rattles.

You can also do that with the gearbox cover, the cover below the steering, and the interior triangular side mirror cover - also rattle.

After that, drive over uneven roads, and feel the magic of bluetack - many uses, but not mentioned in the instructions that can be used for automotive uses. :D

Liew.

bro liew

i still get u wat is the BLUETACK??

got pic to show n guide?

much appreciate

Hello there leakwoon,

It's like plastercine / modelling clay, blue in colour - just ask for bluetack at the stationary shop and they will know what you mean.

I'll see if I have the box at home, and will try to take a picture capture for you. :yes:

Liew.

So far so good, hasn't melted in the sun - of course the best is the black sticky type that the accessory shops use, but a note of caution, once you mess up the black stuff on any part of your car, it is impossible to remove, especially on uphostery. Stretch it wafer thin, and cover the areas where plastic may contact with plastic.

Originally posted by bimmer818@Apr 26 2006, 01:38 PM
Happened to meet a buddy of mine during lunch who recommended me to try this product for getting rid of the noise or whatever. Bought for RM 14.00 and will try over the week-end.
I have got rid of the 'squeeking' noises with this product. This is fantastic. I have also got rid of the rattling noise from the passenger door....changed the power window regulator...no choice as the cable broke on Monday night...and now no mor rattling noice.

This week end, will have to apply leather conditioner to the seats.

conclusion, rubber grease TOYO brand is effective around 1-1.5 month. now the sound came back. anyone can sponsor some grease 1 table spoon also enough liow. maybe next time must try TOYOL, can get rid forever, muhahahahaha :D

Yeah the sound came back too. Darn. It only lasted me less than one month. I take back my offer of selling toyo grease by the tablespoon. I will need the whole jar to apply periodically :lol:

Originally posted by Mouse@May 18 2006, 08:13 AM
conclusion, rubber grease TOYO brand is effective around 1-1.5 month. now the sound came back. anyone can sponsor some grease 1 table spoon also enough liow. maybe next time must try TOYOL, can get rid forever, muhahahahaha :D
bro mouse, just get ah meng to grease it up for u every time u go for service!

works fine with mine since the last greased!

Brother,

Only 2500 per month, very low. U should enjoy the car more.

I use BMW's product called "Gummipflege" on my car's doors' rubber seals. It lasts quite long - in 5 years I've only used it twice and whatever noise from those areas has disappeared. It's available at AB. I can't remember how much it costs, though.

As for the creaking noise from the back, it can be the rear parcel shelf rubbing against the base of the rear screen. AB has an effective solution - they stick a clear film-like adhesive tape (aesthetics-wise, it's hardly noticeable) on the edge of the shelf near the base of the rear screen. It works.

bro wglee

thanks for sharing

mind to tell me which AB u went for the rear creaking noise rectification??

cheers ! :)

Top Bottom