E46 -- rattling sound on windows

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
but i got doubt lo

if the power window regulators KONG

raining time sure got sound ma

now raining time damm quiet d...

I think the power window regulatior is RM 300 something. I had mine done FOC as I had the spares.

If the rattling sound disappears when it is raining, then it should be the chrome or black trim that runs along the roof. The rain water acts as a lubricant so the sound disappears. It took me 2 over months to find this out. After replacing the trimmings, the sound disappeared for good.

apply rubber grease toyo brand, cheap somemore can pakai, apply it above the door rubber (something like a lining that is running along the door). understand boh?????? wait i take pic let u all see....but no camera with me now, kekekeke

my mechanic apply for me, can pakai lar, no sound so far (touch woood). if u guys still not sure where to apply, i post pic on saturday when i get the camera, so u guys tahan first another few days ok.

I got no grease but got big fat can of WD-40. Will try that after I see tikus pictures. Then I spray some fragrance to neutralise the WD-40 smell. :lol:

As promise, attached with two picture for your reference on where to apply the rubber grease to eliminate the rattling sound on window. APPLY THE GREASE ALONG THE YELLOW HIGHLIGHTED DOOR LINING.

Pic 1-front door

Originally posted by valkryie@Apr 21 2006, 10:42 PM
I got no grease but got big fat can of WD-40. Will try that after I see tikus pictures. Then I spray some fragrance to neutralise the WD-40 smell. :lol:
bro, i dun think WD-40 work lar. coz before i get the car, the dealer did the same thing, spray WD-40 on everywhere including the rubber, but still got sound. My mechanic only apply the rubber grease along the yellow highlighted area and until now no sound (touch wood). my mechanic also say the sound got nothing to do with the window (as what all of thought all the time) the sound is actually from the door lining (yellow area). so hope u guys can get rid of the sound by trying this.

I saw it in Eunos JJ Kepong and 1U, around RM 12-14 per container (cant remember the exact price), the container is maroon colour, the colour of the grease also maroon (about the same colour with the container). That is what i saw my mechanic used to apply. If not mistaken Toyo brand.

the grease looks like planta lar, oily (pls dun eat) :D (imagine maroon colour planta). Just put some into your finger and apply it along the lining. (works for me)

Tried with the leather conditioner by 3M, it’s a spray. Been a month, seems to be good till now, no sound.

got the toyo grease in 1 U Eunos Rm13.90 ... 2 more botol left :D

applied oledi

wala!

it worked!

I just bought mine today at Eunos 1U this morning and there were 4-5 left. Now got only 2 left. I think Eunos must give comission to bro mouse. :D

Just apply it just now. It works and there is no more sound coming from the door. I still got some rattling sound from my third brake light.

Now I am left with a big tub of toyo grease. Let's organize a door greasing session. I am selling one tablespoon of toyo grease for RM 1.00. :D

Top Bottom