E46 N42B20 Vaccum Pump

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
anytime bro...

AB, turns out the cover plate easier to replace than the VP seals haha...

I noticed rocker cover opened too. Was the rocker cover rubber seal replaced? Applied gasket sealant?

astroboy;781189 said:
I noticed rocker cover opened too. Was the rocker cover rubber seal replaced? Applied gasket sealant?

It was not replaced yesterday as its still new. No we didnt apply gasket sealant

Mine rubber appeared soft but oil still leak despite bolts all re-tighten.. Very disappointed in this piece of BMW tech.. Totally kenot pakai!! :motz:

astroboy;781215 said:
Mine rubber appeared soft but oil still leak despite bolts all re-tighten.. Very disappointed in this piece of BMW tech.. Totally kenot pakai!! :motz:

OH! Thanks for the heads up, will monitor and see if there any engine oil otherwise have to reopen it again to apply sealant. :-(

My brake pedal become very hard to press just now. Went to my mechanic, he pull off the vacuum hose on the brake booster and the suction was very weak.
My vacuum pump kong =( how to go genting like this? he
Em, should I change a new pump or it can be rebuild? The mechanic told me cant be repaired =(
And it is recommended to change with the brake booster. Because the engine oil that leak into the booster will damage its diaphragm......

astroboy;787322 said:
Engine oil how to leak into the booster la? :stupid:
but that hose was oily and sign of engine oil is clear.
Ive contacted 2 of my regular mechanic, and both saying the same thing. They said when the "valve" inside the pump rosak, engine oil can go into the the hose--booster....

Take your mechanic advise. Replace both the pump & servo. I heard the V pump prices has come down quite a bit.

Vincent Hor;787393 said:
Take your mechanic advise. Replace both the pump & servo. I heard the V pump prices has come down quite a bit.
was quoted rm600 for the pump. Another 600++ for the booster.

kby88;787423 said:
was quoted rm600 for the pump. Another 600++ for the booster.

dont skimp bro kby88, i paid rm900 for the booster last time

yeap best is to get new parts for the brake booster and pump. You can skim on the vacuum pump via seal replacements but not the main braking system. Safety first bro.

I would just fix the V pump and skip the booster.. I drive slow ma.. cabutz... :4:

Top Bottom