E46 N42B20 Vaccum Pump

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I just notice your N46 has EGR. Remove the thing la.. very kacau and require regular costly maintenance.

N42 la bro...if its that copper thingy next to the exhaust manifold , its not EGR but a stop valve for the air pump which is used during warm up I think....local models do not have it...

All these can buang.. :4:

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=AY72&mospid=47632&btnr=11_3198&hg=11&fg=50
125.png

Wahhhh!. For long time my leaking prob ok already. Last service change valve cover gasket. Also done the vacuum pump seals. Today no stain on the garage. And very lucky when took a look on my engine last service, it's very clean and no sign of sludge. The car was done 105000 mileage. Thanks to the previous owner who took a good care of the car. Will service on time and take a good care too. If take a good care and well maintained your n42 engine i think it doesn't much a problem. Also will monitor how long does all the seals will last.

yeap I do believe if the n42 is taken care of it would serve well into its twilight years, as with many cars these age obviously those seals wont lasts...what more they build the n42 to be like that compared to the m50s...sigh but I digress...

Viva la N42!

badass_ck;780007 said:
Had a scare yesterday night. Changed it this morning... pump cost me RM 530.

I heard that the price of this vaccum pump has gone down quite a bit.

astroboy;757273 said:
Heh.. Actually the N42 also sharing many of the N46 parts.. there should be plenty of our kind out there, from the 2002 E46 318i (N42) up to 2012 E90 320i (N46). Next time got engine project do give me a tinkle.. I want to learn a few tricks from you.. :4:

Astroboy, our bro Iceduke has agreed to show us how to do the vacuum pump O-Ring change. Will you be free on this Friday (Hari Raya Haji), lets DIY Hahahaha

ahem...haha....

frankly this part does not need to be changed, it is a pure mechanical connection with no springs whatsoever, just 2 O-rings which cost total RM10-12 with RM 45 sealant paste... haha...

hmm must think of a nice place to feast first....haha

Iceduke;780081 said:
ahem...haha....

frankly this part does not need to be changed, it is a pure mechanical connection with no springs whatsoever, just 2 O-rings which cost total RM10-12 with RM 45 sealant paste... haha...

hmm must think of a nice place to feast first....haha

Will you willing to do it for RM250? I bet many are willing to pay for that price

prolly RM50 to cover my petrol haha....no la its no worries...we are here to share issues...one bimmer one world :)

Shit, I just change mine last few days cost me 650 if I saw this post early I won't go there....

wsonny;780530 said:
Shit, I just change mine last few days cost me 650 if I saw this post early I won't go there....

bro...no regrets, at least u got a new part that can last u prolly another 10 yrs? in anycase in future just check back here for tips if you gonna do some major repairs, you might get some tricks / savings :)

Yes agree wit iceduke, change new part can last for another 10 yrs. and now learn from mistake next time I do some research b4 I repair

Got mine done today, with help from iceduke

img2012102700826.jpg

Also the back plate as per astroboy and iceduke to solve my tiny coolant lost issue
img2012102700830.jpg

Top Bottom