e46 330i vs 325i. need advise

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kong1974

Club Guest
hi,i am looking around n wanna buy a 2001 330i. I need advise on what's the price difference with 330i and 325i. A 2001 325i should sell for RM120k? so wwhat u guys think 330i 2001 shud sell for? Also, how much wud it cost to upgrade to the angel eyes? with the 2002 facelift, what's the changes done? thnaks in advance for advise.

kong1974;229934 said:
hi,
i am looking around n wanna buy a 2001 330i. I need advise on what's the price difference with 330i and 325i. A 2001 325i should sell for RM120k? so wwhat u guys think 330i 2001 shud sell for? Also, how much wud it cost to upgrade to the angel eyes? with the 2002 facelift, what's the changes done? thnaks in advance for advise.

for car of the same year, comparing stock to stock cars in m'sia market...i'd buy the 330i, why? power aside, besides being CBU (better build IMHO), it has a lot of goodies i.e. xenon light, sport steering, electric memory sport seats, anthracite roofline, metercluster chrome surround, elec rearblind, twin chrome exhaust tips, mtech 1 aerodynamics, staggered m wheels, msport suspension, glossy black trim, rain sensor etc

cant really tell the market price for a 01 330i used unit, hardly seen one for sale.....mostly unreg ones

good luck in your quest....buy...buy...buy 330i

Angel eyes are not that pricey,bro...roughly around RM 200+-300+, with or without warranty.

Tks bro but more Qs

shaifulo;229938 said:
for car of the same year, comparing stock to stock cars in m'sia market...i'd buy the 330i, why? power aside, besides being CBU (better build IMHO), it has a lot of goodies i.e. xenon light, sport steering, electric memory sport seats, anthracite roofline, metercluster chrome surround, elec rearblind, twin chrome exhaust tips, mtech 1 aerodynamics, staggered m wheels, msport suspension, glossy black trim, rain sensor etc

cant really tell the market price for a 01 330i used unit, hardly seen one for sale.....mostly unreg ones

good luck in your quest....buy...buy...buy 330i

Thanks bro for your advise but i m still not convinced, YET! i have seen 330i for sale at around 20% more than 325i same year, so my Q is, is the extras worth it? I could get a 2004 325i oledi with the 20% extras. my fren has a 2001 330i and he just spent RM8K for a major revamp. i wont wanna fall into that situation since the car wud be 7 yrs by now. So, i m actually thinking shud i buy a 2001 330i or a 2004 325i? my concern is more towards car age and maintenance cost. Bro Dolce, u sure angel eyes only RM250? i think my side (Sarawak) sells 4 RM1000+. Blood sucker.

kong1974;229976 said:
Thanks bro for your advise but i m still not convinced, YET! i have seen 330i for sale at around 20% more than 325i same year, so my Q is, is the extras worth it? I could get a 2004 325i oledi with the 20% extras. my fren has a 2001 330i and he just spent RM8K for a major revamp. i wont wanna fall into that situation since the car wud be 7 yrs by now. So, i m actually thinking shud i buy a 2001 330i or a 2004 325i? my concern is more towards car age and maintenance cost. Bro Dolce, u sure angel eyes only RM250? i think my side (Sarawak) sells 4 RM1000+. Blood sucker.

bro,

refer to your ori Q, u were comparing 01 330i vs 01 325i, hence my 1st comment...

what was the price differnce between the 2 when new....then u can pretty much tell if the extra is worth it now?

yup, u cud get the 2004 325 with the same money, and no doubt it's a blardy good car....but it's still a 325 when u put it next to the 330 :D

geoffreylee;230267 said:
Driving a 330 is an experience you wont regret!!

I'll 2nd that. Just got to "drive" for maybe 10mtrs but the feeling of it's torque is much much greater than my 328.:D
Salute the engineers that design this engine.

e46

Bro,

It all depends on what your concern is. if you're worried about spending money and time repairing and also re-sale value, go for the newer models. If you want the driving experience, go for the 330i.

If you're financial conscious, the newer will always be better... considering you have the $$$. :)

kong1974;229934 said:
hi,
i am looking around n wanna buy a 2001 330i. I need advise on what's the price difference with 330i and 325i. A 2001 325i should sell for RM120k? so wwhat u guys think 330i 2001 shud sell for? Also, how much wud it cost to upgrade to the angel eyes? with the 2002 facelift, what's the changes done? thnaks in advance for advise.

whahahhaha
decision crisis same like me :D
long time ago what in my head (325 vs 328) but E36 laaa...
choose the power mate!! choose the power!

equation:
330 vs 325 = 325 ( a lot of goodies too)

Hmm...there might be some confusion here...are you speaking of the 4 CCFL rings or the projector head lamps? The projectors should be around RM 1k+ for the replicas. I don't think they will be selling angel eyes at that price even if it's in Sarawak. :)

I drove an E46 325i for 5 years and I say you should go for the 330i. It's a more rewarding experience and with the brunt of depreciation having passed, it's a real deal. The maintenance cost of 330i and 325i should be pretty much the same! I now have an E92 323i but just the other day, I mentioned to Alvin that I wouldn't mind an E46 330i as "back-up" for 'em 4 doors and extra 40 horses. Yet again, the E46 M3 also beckons at secondhand prices.

If purely for the driving experience, then go for the 330! I had driven one before choosing my 325. All I can say is: FUYOH! But alas! Financial considerations meant I had to go for a 325.... Having said that, I believe a 325 is still enough for maybe 90% of your driving needs.... unless your driving needs includes trying to run with Evos, STis, Porsches and Ferraris.... :)

Bro,

I think only you can answer this question my friend... it all comes down to this - WHAT ARE YOUR NEEDS? How important is power to you - are you an occasional hard driver? Do you enjoy occasionally cruising at over 220kmph?:eek: When your floor the gas - do you expect the car to shoot to your desired speed immediately? For all this - are you willing to cough up the extra fuel & road tax cost? As I said - it all depends on your needs...

When I wanted to get my 4 door saloon E46 - I was confronted with 3 choices - the 325i, 328i & 330i. After taking many aspects into consideration I went for the 328i. Yes, road tax is higher, Yes it consumes more fuel - but the satisfaction I get from the extra torque just makes it all worthwhile! If I would have found a good condition, low mileage, well taken care 330i - probably I would have gone for it!

If you have your sight on a good condition, well taken care 330i - and would appreciate the power and torque that comes with it and do not mind the trade-off on the cost side - then I say think no more my friend - go get yourself the 330i - I assure you that you will enjoy every moment behind the wheel!:D

But then again - dun knock yourself too hard on this - both the 325i and the 330i are excellent rides - either way you won't make a wrong choice! ;)

All the best bro....

End of story

Bros,
TQ for all ur feedback. Those are valuable insight and i had my eyes on a 2001 330i. very gd con n mileage 80K only. So, told my boss i wanna go for it n he told me 3 series too small lah. ( i m having a e34 now) so, end of story, i hv to betray Bimmer n opt for a Camry 2.0G. Not that the new Camry is bad but a Bimmer is a Bimmer mah. So, bros, mourn for my lost battle. :(

kong1974;230489 said:
Bros,
TQ for all ur feedback. Those are valuable insight and i had my eyes on a 2001 330i. very gd con n mileage 80K only. So, told my boss i wanna go for it n he told me 3 series too small lah. ( i m having a e34 now) so, end of story, i hv to betray Bimmer n opt for a Camry 2.0G. Not that the new Camry is bad but a Bimmer is a Bimmer mah. So, bros, mourn for my lost battle. :(

My " condolences" to the 231bhp E46 330i. New Camry( nice car too ) for company car? I meant "Begger can't be chooser". Lucky you.
Anyway, still have the E34 right?

BTW, how much was the 2001 E46 330i going for ?

kong1974;230489 said:
Bros,

after all the talks...bla..bla...bla....

so u r a 'yes man' la!!!!!!

Camry??? What??? Camry??? Damm... Hope you are older then 40. Else I can see how you will regret soon.

Anyway... its your choice and money. Good luck bro..

kong1974;230489 said:
Bros,

Bro..I was in the same dillema as you 6 months ago..and I end up taking the same decision as you..I just got my Camry.. and I have no regrets.If the future is good you might end up owning a Camry and a new 3 series..cheerss

geoffreylee;230518 said:
Camry??? What??? Camry??? Damm... Hope you are older then 40. Else I can see how you will regret soon.

Anyway... its your choice and money. Good luck bro..

Bro..BMW is not the only car in the world u know..there is so many other good cars which is on the same par as BMW..I'm 28..and I bought d new Camry and just got the car..so far there is NO regret at all and I feel there wont be any in the future..And I didnt knw someone need to be certain age to buy certain cars..

I always think this club is about being passion for BMW and not necessarily to own one.There is always good advice from all here...Thats what makes this club so much different from other clubs i guess...just my 2cents...cheersss

selvahraje46;230540 said:
Bro..I was in the same dillema as you 6 months ago..and I end up taking the same decision as you..I just got my Camry.. and I have no regrets.If the future is good you might end up owning a Camry and a new 3 series..cheerss

Bro..BMW is not the only car in the world u know..there is so many other good cars which is on the same par as BMW..I'm 28..and I bought d new Camry and just got the car..so far there is NO regret at all and I feel there wont be any in the future..And I didnt knw someone need to be certain age to buy certain cars..

I always think this club is about being passion for BMW and not necessarily to own one.There is always good advice from all here...Thats what makes this club so much different from other clubs i guess...just my 2cents...cheersss

I do agree, BMW is not the only brand / car. Personally I love AUDI and the A4 is much better build compare to E36.

Anyway, Camry is a huge car and many Head of goverment is using it so more mature owner.

But I love the power from the 2.4 engine as it able to pull the car spiritly.

Top Bottom